Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
1653081808656.png

─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─┉┈◈◉◈┈┉─

Good afternoon Karakura! Jin Kuroki here! I hope everyone is having a great day!
Today, we have a report on blind awareness. I have interviewed multiple people for this, to get their thoughts.

The first interview we have is with a highschool student named Kazuko Fumikofumiyawa, a young blind girl.

[!] - The video recording would start, and the interview would begin

JK | “Good afternoon Ms. Fumikofumiyawa. Thank you for allowing this interview. As you know, I am looking to spread awareness for the blind and vision impaired.”

KF | “Good afternoon to you too, Mister Kuroki! Thank you for having me today! Yes, I am aware, which I appreciate you doing so.”

JK | Jin would let out a kind smile, before sitting up straight and getting professional again. “Okay. Let’s begin this interview. Tell myself and the audience a bit about yourself. Whatever you would like to share.”

KF | “Um.. My name is Kazuko Fumikofumiyawa! I am 18 years old. I was born and raised in Seoul, which is the capital of South Korea.”

JK | “Interesting. And how long have you lived here in Karakura?”

KF | “I moved to Karakura when I was 13!! I’ve lived here ever since then.. Soooo… I believe..” She would stick her tongue out a bit, pondering her answer “5 years!! My apologies. Math is difficult.”

JK | He would let out a soft chuckle “No worries. 5 years is a while. So Miss Fumikofumiyawa, to inform myself and the audience, how long have you been unable to see?”

KF | Kazuko couldn’t help but smile brightly, due to Jin’s soft chuckle. “I’ve actually been blind since birth. It’s sort of a part of my family’s genetics..! It's- well.. Complicated to say the least.”

JK | Jin would feel joy from seeing her smile, but that joy faded upon hearing her answer. A slight frown forming on his face. “I see.. My apologies for bringing up such a delicate topic. Would you like to move onto the next question?”

KF | She would wave her hands in front of her slightly “Its okay!! Really, no worries. We can move on though! Uh huh!!!”

JK | “Okay.. My next question is to name one or more things you find to be hard to do without the ability to see.”

KF | She would open her mouth slightly, but paused. Shutting her mouth and narrowing her eyes a tad “Hmm.. Oh oh!! I would definitely say estimating the distance between myself and someone else. It’s quite upsetting how many people I run into.. As well as obviously getting around. Getting around is quite difficult especially when you are unfamiliar with your surroundings.”

JK | “I can understand how difficult those tasks could be.. I guess this leads us to our next and final question. What is something you wish for people to understand about being blind?”

KF | Kazuko would nod happily! “I just wish some people would understand that being blind isnt a trend! I understand not everyone thinks that, but I have met a few people who think it’s ‘cool’ or whatever to be blind. Which it’s not!! A lot of us get bullied ‘n’ what not for being some of us are unable to control.”

JK | Jin would feel himself get saddened by the answer he was given “I’m sorry to hear that. I find it repulsive for some people to bully someone who is already going through so much. Are there any last comments you want to make?”

KF | “Hmm.. not that I can think of!!”

JK | Jin nodded and stood up. Slowly approaching her, but making himself known “It was a pleasure meeting and interviewing you, Miss Fumikofumiyawa. Is it okay to shake your hand?”

KF | She would give the man a soft smile, before reaching her hand out far enough for him to grab, but not far enough to hit him. “Of course! It was a pleasure to be interviewed. Thank you for having me, Mister Kuroki!”

JK | The man would extend his hand out and shake her hand. “Of course”

[!] - The video recording would end here, signifying the end of the interview

I interviewed another member of the blind community, Claud Lyver, and they felt the same way. She lost her vision during her life, 11 years ago. She stated that bumping into people was an issue, and that walking around was dangerous, mostly crossing streets. She also told her own experiences of being bullied for being blind, such as someone hitting her and running away.

Our next interview is with the psychiatrist, Miyoko Ukiyo. A pure and kind soul who takes pride in her work.

[!] - A beep would be heard and the interview would begin

JK | “Good morning, Miss Ukiyo. Thank you for taking the time to get interviewed. As you know, I am writing a report on blind awareness in Karakura and I wanted to get some perspective from medical professionals, as well as those who are blind. So again, I thank you for taking the time out of your schedule for this. I will try to keep this interview brief so you may go back to work sooner, in case you are needed”

MU | “Of course. It’s a pleasure. Currently it is the less busy hours, as most of the patients are students who attend Karakura. I appreciate that you’re giving blind people in Karakura some sort of awareness and I thank you for setting this interview.”

JK | “So then, lets start off with some light questions. What is something you find to be interesting about yourself, Miss Ukiyo?”

MU | Well- I am an animal magnet. Animals often come up to me a lot for reasons I do not know and can understand what they want by their body language. I even befriended a bear, I think?”

JK | “Befriended a bear? I may have to ask you about that later on.. But animals are lovely. I have a cat of my own. Very sweet animal. Anyways, onto the next question. What interested you in getting a career in the medical field?”

MU | “Well! I had a psychiatrist helping me with my severe anxiety when I was younger. It inspired me to help others when I slowly got off the anxiety medication, realizing how even personal heart-to-heart conversations can mean a lot to someone who could be struggling overall with their life. I want to help other Karakura citizens regardless of some of its.. Undesirable sides of this city”

JK | “I understand that. It is a very noble choice that you have made. And it really helps. Now onto the topic at hand. Have you ever encountered someone who had lost their vision in either one or both eyes here in Karakura? On or off duty.”

MU | “I actually have. Many times.. I have a son who lost both of his eyes.. So he is considered to be blind.. I also met this blind priest while I was off duty visiting the shrine.”

JK | “I’m sorry about your son. I do not believe I have met that priest. Anyways, how have you helped those who were blind?”

MU | “I have helped them guide certain areas that they wanted to go, mostly slightly newer blind people who weren’t used to it. Just so they could feel safer and not in any sort of danger.”

JK | “That is very nice of you. Have you ever had a blind person request your help? Like for you to listen to their struggles?”

MU |
“I have, but it was more off duty as I am not able to treat or help my family on duty. Except for the pharmacy. But for the most part, while on duty, I try to help them the best I can, whenever they need it.”

JK | “That’s good. I am glad to hear that you take care of your family. I hear too many stories from kids that don’t have that luxury. Onto the final question. What, in your opinion, would be the best and most effective way to spread awareness for the blind in Karakura?”

MU | “Hm.. no idea.. I suppose some sort of assembly for the students who attend the highschool as most probably have not encountered a blind person.”

JK | “That would be a good way to inform the students here. I heard from the two blind girls I interviewed that some encounters are.. Just horrible.. Those are all of the questions I have for you. Do you have any parting comments?”

MU | “Only thing I can say is, you’re probably the first reporter I know as of now who is concerned for the blind people and wants awareness for them. I am very much grateful for it.

JK | “Thank you. It was a pleasure meeting and interviewing you, Miss Ukiyo”

MU | “Thank you for the opportunity. And it was nice meeting you too, Mr. Kuroki. Have a nice day.”

JK | “You too”

[!] - The recording would end, signifying the end of the interview

Our next interview is with the new Head Surgeon, Sieren Higuchi. She also had a noble reason to pursue a medical career, as she loved helping people. She has noticed that a lot of people who are suffering blindness in Karakura have had their eyes forcibly taken or damaged, as well as through natural causes. Of course, they try their best to preserve the eyes, removing debris from under the first layer of the eye. Her solution to help was to have more access to blind canes, as well as bring more knowledge of Braille for the blind and ways to learn it. Her final comment was such.

[!] - A clip of the interview would be attached

SH | “Mmh- I know.. Some people grow ashamed or feel.. How do I put this..? Prideful in being able to tough out their situations. I’d implore them to reach out for help and see how well we can help their situations or help them adapt. Thank you for your time, Mr. Kuroki.”

[!] - The clip would end after the message

That is all for this report, as well as the interviews. I hope I was able to spread some awareness and be able to make just one more pleasant experience for these members of our community.
Stay tuned for more news!
Until Next Time
Jin Kuroki

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread