KARAKURA NEWS || DAY IN LIFE AS. . . EMS

Niazs

Level 5
goldznhour
goldznhour
Fundraiser

------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------
Ever wonder what a day in the life of an EMS employee is like? These are the people who go above and beyond to save our lives every day. Without theses heroes in Karakura. Our population would be much smaller or different to how it is. Want to experience it yourself and dive into the world of EMS? Maybe even consider it for a future job. Nope? Neither do I—but here we go!

-------------------------------------------

*The recording would begin to play-*

Adeline: "Good day, Karakura! I'm here today with Riven Armani, the head clinical lead of doctors! To begin with, why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself, Riven?"

*There would be a brief pause*

Riven: "I'm twenty-nine years old. I’ve been the clinical lead for just over a month, actually. Are there any details you want specifics on? . . ."

Adeline: "Just details about your job and what you do is perfectly fine!"

Riven: "Oh, . .I mostly manage my doctors and most of the training aspects. Treat patients, of course. Make sure the trainees behave. I’m pretty much a babysitter. I teach, they learn." .

Adeline: "That sounds interesting. How does your daily routine play out? You know, with doing all of those things?"

Riven: "It really depends... A lot of the time, I just loiter around the hospital. Take care of patients, that sort of thing. If I’m scheduled for training, I’ll of course do that. My favorite place to sit is the freezer."

Adeline: "Not to stray too far from the subject... But why the freezer, if you don’t mind me asking?"

Riven: "Cold is nice, I don’t like going outside."

Adeline: "I'm surprised you don’t live in Canada or something if you enjoy the cold."

Riven: "No, not that kind of cold; outside cold is quite different."

Adeline: "Fair enough, alrighty, then let's get back on topic! What would you say the hardest part of your job is?"

Riven: "I’d have to say... When, like, my trainees leave it's pretty upsetting. Especially if there was a close relationship between them and others. It’s like having a plant die."

Adeline:" It's an odd way to refer to them, but if it works for you, keep doing it. Do you think they feel the same way when they leave? Feeling upset, I mean-...Not the plant part."

Riven: I’m not really too sure! I always hope they just move on to something that makes them happy. Being in a hospital all day, everyday can take a lot out of someone.

Adeline: "I bet! Especially given the bizarre sights and trauma you witness on a daily basis. I remember growing up and coming to the hospital a lot for my vitiligo. Even if it was only for a few hours, it definitely exhausted me."

Adeline: "Would you recommend this job to anyone, despite the work and long periods of time spent in the hospital, or do you believe it requires a certain mindset?"

Riven: "It takes a lot to be a doctor. I have high expectations for my trainees, and there is a lot of training before you get your coat... It's obviously not for the squeamish or faint of heart. You’ll want at least some kind of backbone, or you’ll get walked all over. Though most of the trainees figure that out before their exams."

*A faint knock on the door could be heard in the background, followed by Riven stumbling and flopping as he climbed over his desk to get to the door. With that a bit of side talk would happen between them, and they’d say goodbye, Riven would go back to his desk*

Adeline: "I'm not even going to question the plopping over the desk".

Riven:" I ate half of Dimitri’s cactus the other week. I do dumber shit."

Adeline: "Yeah, I know. I’ve been friends with you long enough to know you have your dumb moments too."

Riven: "I know, I’m just a baddie!"

*there would a pause then you’d here Riven’s voice once again*

Riven: "Wait… Is that thing still recording?"

Adeline: "Yes… Yes, it is still recording, so back to my interview! I agree with you when you say you need backbone for this job. Along with that, I’m glad the trainees learn sooner or later."

Adeline: "So Riven, with that, what would you recommend to the people of Karakura? Do you think they can handle the day-to-day life of EMS?"

Riven: "… No"

*A thud them a yelp would be heard coming from Riven*

Adeline: "Continue"

Riven: "Just take time. If you want to push yourself, get a good education, and so on. Be prepared."

Adeline: "Wise words of wisdom from the one and only Riven."

Adeline: "Seriously, though, I thought your life as an EMS worker would be more interesting. Any who! Thank you, Riven, and thank you, Karakura, for listening in today! That is a typical day in the life of an EMS worker."

*The recording would stop playing*

The EMS of Karakura is what keeps us alive, quite literally. Give them a helping hand by not getting hurt.

Got anything you want to share anonymously with Karakura News? Call our hotline at:

(020) - 980 - 4487

Users who are viewing this thread