mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KARAKURA NEWS | Karakura's Lantern Festival!

KotaLobo

Level 42
Community Team
Lore Team
KotaLobo
KotaLobo
Omega+
1685143638266.png
Just a few days ago, an event was held at the beach where music was played, live performances were held, a speech by Governor Malachi Moralez was given, and other fun activities and booths were put up to entertain citizens throughout the event!

1685143638299.png
SHRINE ACTIVITIES
Luckily, the shrine staff from the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery were nice enough to attend the event for us! At the event, the Shrine Staff had about two stations; At the first station, they handed out books where you’d write your wish(es) to hand off. This is where the second station comes to play, you’d hand your note with the wish(es) on it to the shrine staff at the second booth to the side. They’ll then grab the book, pray over the wish to make it come true, then place it in a lantern on the side to send off later!

1685143638336.png
FOOD & BEVERAGES
When it comes down to food and drinks at events, they somehow pick the best booths with their popular snacks and drinks. One of these two to three booths was La Casa, which had items like alcoholic beverages, orange juice, and food like burgers and fries! Other stations had items consisting of popcorn, hot cocoa, green tea, and a few other snack items.

1685143638373.png
LIVE PERFORMANCE
Probably one of the most loved parts of the event is the live performance where Professor Christian Green and Shopkeeper Nana Cove sang the duetted song ‘I See The Light’ from the movie Tangled.
[Performance Video]

1685143638408.png
MALACHI MORALEZ’S SPEECH

[A recording would start, the text was written underneath.]

“Thank you all for attending today’s festival, in support of our town and Shrine. I am glad we can all acknowledge where we stand and be grateful for that. The lanterns signify those that we have lost along the way of our journey. As we light these lanterns and put our hopes and the thoughts of others into them, I hope we can continue our path to better ourselves, not only for us but for those who do not get to see who we are today.

So please take your time attending this festival and participating in the activities laid out such as the concession stands to place a note inside of the lanterns before the lantern lighting. Just go towards the Shrine maiden over there that is handing out books and once you’re done, hand it towards the book retrieval station and they’ll place the book in the lantern."

[The recording faded out]

1685143638443.png
ACTIVITIES & BOOTHS
As the festival continued on, areas of the beach held activities such as an area where you’ll spin a wheel, and if it lands on 200, you’ll win a prize! Do you like mysterious buildings or areas with unknown objects and people inside? Well lucky for you, there was a neat green hut set up which held a crystal ball and fortune teller inside where you could go to get your fortune read for free! If you didn’t like either of those options, they had fun photo booths where you could take cute photos with your friends and family free of charge! Which would you pick?

1685143638473.png
LANTERN LIGHTING
With the event coming to an end and night starting to fall, the Shrine staff gather on the small boats where they send off the lanterns, each one holding a book dedicated to a citizen who wrote a wish. After they were finished, each lantern was lit and let go into the night sky in order to fly up to Chiharu-Yamatsumi, which is the Kami of the shrine in hopes that they’ll receive the wishes. As the staff release the lanterns, citizens crowded the ocean’s shore, watching the now-lit and floating lanterns fly up into the sky above their heads, some even watching their own.

With the report coming to an end, think about what you would write in the book if you didn’t get the chance to write anything while attending the festival, even if you didn’t get to attend. What was your favorite part of the event, did you get to write a note in a book and watch it get sent off in a lantern? Feel free to share your blessed wishes with us in our Onrain private DMs!

Do you have something you’d like reported?
Call the reporter hotline! - (020) 980-4487

[OOC SECTION]
A very special thanks to player Clexxss for taking all of these awesome screenshots for me while I participated in the event! Much love. <3

Birdie

Level 13
Idk if this is considered a mini event with all the work that was put into it, but I loved it and want to see more!

Users who are viewing this thread