shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
Add a heading.gif

06/01/2022
Kurabu, Ayaka

Goodmorning Karakura! Today Officer Martinez and I met up to do what was supposed to be a short interview. However, it became long and I’m not even upset about it! In this interview, we get insight into what Ernesto has to say on the Metagarou Tachitsu situation, a little bit of background on his work life, and as well as some light being shed on the accusations.

A.K: ”Before we begin, do you consent to your name, age, occupation, and anything you say is subject to written documentation or recording? You will be able to end the interview at any point if deemed uncomfortable with the situation.”

E.M: "Agreed."

A.K: ”Wonderful, let’s begin with the basics. Can I get your name, age, occupation?”

E.M: "Ernesto Martinez, 45, DSI of the Karakura Police Department, though I'm currently on a voluntary administrative leave."

A.K: "How long have you been DSI of the Karakura Police Department? Also, do you mind explaining your administrative leave?"

E.M: "So far, it's been around 3-4 years in the force, though I was already in the fields of police work in another country before I asked to be transferred here. As for the administrative leave, it was a voluntary decision for me to settle up my thoughts and think about what happened. Of course, this isn't any sort of punishment, since I myself decided to do this on my own.

A.K: "I see, that’s quite the while. How is your relationship with your co-workers? Any aggression towards them or each other? Possible favoritism for some?

E.M: "None at all. Of course, I do get along with some of them more than others, but that's just pure co-workers’ get-along relationships. I treat them all equally in relation to their rank"

A.K: "I see... How have you as a group been handling the last few events? I'm sure It's been quite stressful, are you prepared?"

E.M: "Well, I haven't had the opportunity to talk to most of them over the past days, but I can tell that they're... certainly exhausted - Of course, not physically. I'm sure that we have enough manpower to take on all of them, but you must understand that Malachi has been in there for over 2 weeks so far, which is quite mentally exhausting. At any moment, they could just decide to end his life, and we wouldn't even notice. That's perhaps the most frightening part of all of this. However, we're still trying to put an end to this; I just hope that everything ends with him getting out of that . . . circus because that's all it is - A place where all clowns do stupid shit. Sorry if I got a bit heated, but you must understand this has come way too far."

A.K: "Please, don't worry about it. I can understand your frustration. . . I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like to be held for ransom by the deadliest gang in Karakura."

E.M: "Hm. Well, hopefully, he's alright in there - it's not the first time this has happened, and hopefully he can resist while we come up with something."

A.K: "I believe you will. . . Now to touch on the Metagarou situation. .Now to get the basics down, what do you personally know about Metagarou?"

E.M: "That man . . Well, there's a lot of things we know, and a lot other that we don't. We can't disclose what we know in regards to our investigation, but we do know that he's a man that has nothing to lose. Those people are the hardest to deal with, since they're reckless with their lives, making it hard for us not to have to use force. They will hardly ever give up unless physically forced to do it."

A.K: "I see, Metagarou has quite the goal set. . . Now to touch on the questioning that had occurred the day he got out. Can you shed any light on what he saying isn't true?"

E.M: "As much as I'd like to say that all of it is false, there is a slight part that is true. You see - When he was being interrogated, he was not compliant. That's precisely where the issue started - I tried intimidating him, but he didn't flinch at all. Therefore, during that altercation, I decided to use excessive force on them due to his previous physical and verbal response. During my attempt to restrain him, he brought up some... personal sensitive topics that triggered a partial loss of control, which led to me using excessive force. Of course, I could perfectly say that all of what he said is pure lying, but I myself wouldn't be able to forgive myself. Besides, I know perfectly well that no matter what I say, people will still deny my credibility. However, besides that part, everything else was pure lying. Ever since Preston Herrington's pass-away, we have never reported any case of police corruption in regards to affiliation with gangs. Sorry, I've been talking for a while - I'll
continue in a second.”

There you have it, the incident that occurred in the questioning room did happen. . Both parties have talked and agreed with some of the events. Though there are shots thrown at Metagarou. . .

A.K: "Please, take your time."

E.M: "Anyway. As I was saying, the rest of his testimony is completely false. The accusation of me hurting him in order to purposely get him out of the station is purely a lie, considering how little to nothing it'd benefit me. He brings up things such as "He collaborated with me due to fear of dying", even though my assassination attempts have been rising lately, regardless of that "alleged contract" that he claims to have made with me and Commissioner Tokushima. Next, he claims that we didn't bring more back-up to the situation. However, he is disregarding the fact that we were in a hurry due to his condition at the time. We didn't have the necessary resources or equipment in our station to treat his wounds, and he had to be taken to the hospital as soon as possible. As it is commonly known, our force lacks a lot of officers, considering how- well, hell if I know, but it's probably Alex Koji who's capped us at 25 officers. Therefore, we didn't have enough units at the time to deal with it, especially in a city such as Karakura. After all, how could we expect that these Kishi members knew that their leader was going to be taken out via that route? It's still out of my knowledge how he managed to set his gang up when he was in prison all along. Perhaps he was allowed to have a phone, considering how corruption in state prisons is way higher than in police stations. Sorry, am I talking too much, or do you want me to continue?"

A.K: "No no! This is fine. I want your end of the story, Officer."

E.M: "Alright - When we headed there, they probably took the first officer they could and ran off, considering how Metagarou's wounds were quite severe and the fact that units were already on their way there. I think that could be an explanation as to why they didn't take me. They may be gang members, but they can also commit mistakes when put under high pressure and take quick decisions. It actually happens to us as well. Moving on, he also claimed that we... Put our safety over civilians. I'm not gonna say he's wrong, but we do it for a good cause. If we see a gang of 8 people and we only have two patrol officers, of course, they're not just gonna tase them just to get ambushed and killed. We protect and serve, but in order to fulfill this properly, we need to do premeditated actions that may require us to hold back until enough units arrive. However, this is far from what he claims as "us putting our lives over civilians' ". We have countless unreleased video footage from our body cams that can prove just how many people we've saved. Now, of course, I don't want to be prideful of this, since we're talking about saving people's lives, but saying that we do not care about what happens to the people of Karakura is a huge sign of ignorance. Though I do not blame them, since we work in the dark so that they can live in the light, one could say. It's true, though, that sometimes that light is darkened by some shadows. We're not perfect, after all. Oh, and returning to the topic from before - If Metagarou truly made a deal with us, how come that he revealed that "pact" he claims to have done to the public? Wouldn't it be better to just keep it to himself and let the story continue? After all, he claims that our officers will also comply with that "agreement" and let them escape from their turf. Why would he reveal this if he knew that we were allegedly going to do what he ordered to keep us safe? Four words - Because it's fake."

A.K: "This is a lot to take in, I'm very happy you decided to share this with me, Officer. I believe I have more than enough."

E.M: "Don't worry, this was also a way for me to explain what happened. Even though I know many will probably hate me for what I did, I believe that people deserve to know the truth, although I must admit that the little truth that it had was a bit twisted when he made that one call. Anyway - I don't want to keep you here for longer. Thanks for coming, it's been a pleasure."

A.K: "No No- Thank you. I've been meaning to do this interview for a while. It's lovely to meet you"

With this interview, we have new information on recent events that have been happening with our KPD. . .Does this give us new hope? Or does it tarnish our current hope? Will Metagarou give a response? I’d love to hear all of your opinions.

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
Yeah one of Ernesto's coworkers stole his diary and he still appreciates Pavel

Users who are viewing this thread