Media Team
HampterHunter
HampterHunter
Notable
NEWS REPORT
OCHIBA SANCTUARY
LEO VOLANTE

Introduction

Hey, Leo here. Quickly before I proceed with this Report, I would like to thank Nirmala for sending me one of their newest projects, the HorizonSky Drone. As well as a deep thank you to ‘Marlene’ Czar for helping me with some of these drone shots as well as Insights about the topics of the Report.

Without further ado, Hope you enjoy the Report.

Chapter 1

Now one of my previous report about the Ochiba forest has been about the wildlife, and in that report I expressed my opinion about how the Ochiba Forest is being preserved, I even specifically talked about the potential of instating a Wildlife Conservation area within the forest, to make sure Wildlife's are contained and away from potential Poachers.

Well what do you know, the Government listened. They have recently opened the Ochiba Wildlife Sanctuary area. Specifically for bears. Now that in itself will be a topic we go through. So let’s tackle them all one by one, starting from The Sanctuary itself.

The new sanctuary is… not that big, but not that small either. It consists of a few acres of land with a Cave in the far end on the mountainside and a small pond with a waterfall in front of it.

According to locals they believe It’s enough, however, I managed to track down essentially an expert on the matter.

The person’s name is Wyatt Czar, however for ease of… referring to… Decides to tell people to call him Marlene. Now Marlene is a former teacher in the Karakura High School, said they were a Culinary Teacher. However before and after they resigned from the position, moved back to Europe and became a Warden for a Wildlife Reserve in Germany. Their career in nature takes them to many places, from Germany, to Africa, and even Siberia. Their opinion on the sanctuary is.. Understandable but also interesting, they said and I quote:

I believe the sanctuary is a step in the right path. However… It’s still relatively too small for the bears… It’s almost like a Zoo, but then again… Every time I encounter a bear here, I can tell they were originally either circus bears, or have taken a friendlier approach to Humans.

I absolutely understand the concern about the Size, The sanctuary is a little too restricting for the bears even If it is spacious enough for every other animal. They also add following to the previous statement:

I would absolutely love to see the Sanctuary relocated to maybe beyond the mountains and the tunnels, If Karakura decides to expand Itself further out, not only would it be awesome for the animals but it would be awesome for us too. Being able to construct wild resorts for tourists and locals alike.

Now it may be… harsh to criticize the government from that alone, and it would be yeah… but at the same time, we should be glad that they are doing something to the town more than just the district overhauls but also the forest’s relocations and the making of the Sanctuary.

Public opinions about the Sanctuary are mostly positive, but still somewhat mixed, however it’s still out of a small pool of people who cared enough to give their two-cent on the topic. But as long as the effort is still out there, considerations for expansion are considered. Wildlife Conservation in Karakura might end up becoming one of the best in Japan.

I still think introducing Roe Deer into the Forest would be an awesome addition.

Extras

Before my interview with Marlene ended, we talked about the potential future of the Ochiba Forest sanctuary and wildlife preservation act. And Marlene had one more thing to say about the Sanctuary, what they said was:

If… a bigger sanctuary is to be built… Someone will have to be its warden… and I’m not saying I should be elected, I’m saying If that’s happening… I would love to Volunteer to oversee it without pay.

That honestly concludes my report about the new Sanctuary in Ochiba Forest. And yes this is a very late report, but hey… they put me in charge of this and I put a lot of effort on this one.

There’s also a little final message from Marlene as well for the young souls out there who’s interested in Wildlife and Preservation, It is as follows:

Don’t be scared to come out here and enjoy nature while you still can. Oftentimes we say that we want to do something, only to never do it and end up not having enough time to do said thing. Enjoy nature, and Please… Preserve it. Mother nature will thank you, and so will I… come over to the Ranger Lodge sometimes, I often hang out there. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two.

With that being said, I conclude this News Report, this is Leo Volante… Signing off.

OUTRO:

Have any other cars you want to see being reviewed? Reach out to the Karakura News Station directly or contact us via phone at (020)-980-4487 or contact us on Onrain on @KaNews.

Users who are viewing this thread