mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura News | The Case of Velia Palerma

The case of Velia Palerma.gif
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
This will be a recount of the Palerma v KPD case. Afterward, I will personally share my thoughts on what this shows about the city of Karakura, the legal system, and what is wrong with all of it.

On 04/6/22, a trial was held in an effort to fight against charges of assault brought against a man named Velia Palerma. The trial went about normally, but many behaviors in the courtroom suggest there’s a much deeper side to this court case.

First, what was it about? Velia Palerma was arrested for assaulting his attacker, Shinoku Nakamoto. It was decided by law enforcement that he deserved an equal sentence for taking his defense into his own hands. Self-defense has always been very touchy in Karakura, with the law considering it just as bad as your assailant. Almost all cases of self-defense lead to arrest, resulting in many just figuring they should lay down and be hurt while waiting for an officer that won’t leave the station without backup.

But why is that? Because on the other side of the coin, people like Nakamoto and Palerma have made it unsafe. To put it bluntly, Nakamoto was a liar. The reason Palerma won the case was due to the fact Nakamoto stated that he verbally harassed his spouse, but this was found to be untrue when evidence was brought forward. Furthering this notion, he had his suit-and-glove-wearing allies shout obscenities at Palerma during court. People like him, which is a vast majority of Karakura, have no respect for anyone who isn’t in their bed or in their gang.

Now, why do I dare bring gangs and such a heavy accusation in? It’s simple. The fight between Palerma and Nakamoto panned out with the use of Karakura’s favorite mascot, the ballistic mask. Say whatever you want, but the average citizen of Karakura knows what this means. The worst part is that a majority of Karakura is completely fine with being friends or family to these people. Sure, we’re only human and deserve love, but even when they discover the atrocities their friend calls a hobby, they shrug it off as if the victims never mattered. They indirectly support murder whether they like it or not. Not all criminals are irredeemable, but most of them in Karakura are horrifically unremorseful.

The past corruption doesn’t help either, especially when the town has only ever been ruled by various Mafia. And dear readers, that is why you aren’t given the benefit of the doubt. This isn’t about two individuals seeking justice, it’s simply one instance of what’s wrong with the legal system of Karakura. Corruption seeps into it. And it will never recover from that corruption. Criminals will continue to only spend a few weeks in jail before being released because someone's pocket is stuffed with cash, ready to murder the next man who looks at him wrong. It’s a cycle that fuels the economy at this rate, which is why it won’t stop.

Until something extreme is done to eradicate the iron grip that crime syndicates have on us, it will only continue. It’s very rare that anyone brings up anything further than ‘fuck the cops’. Well, how about the why? This is why. When the Shepard commands his flock over the cliff, they will follow as he assures them he has good intentions. But you will fall, and Karakura has already fallen.
──────────────────────────────────
That is all I have for you today Karakura, a little news clipping of an adult finally recognizing how horrible this grand town is without the lies of some politician interviewee.

- Your Secret Admirer
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Finally, someone who acknowledges the bail system and how wrong it is, Hiroto would be proud

great report by the way

IsNate

Level 10
oIsNate
oIsNate
Omega
This will be a recount of the Palerma v KPD case. Afterward, I will personally share my thoughts on what this shows about the city of Karakura, the legal system, and what is wrong with all of it.
???? man finna take him to court for defamation and get them to use cctv and bring 2 other witnesses into it LOL then we will see

Users who are viewing this thread