players online

KARAKURA NEWS | The Haunting of Karakura

cupidd!

Level 4
cupieheart
cupieheart
Rich
1666311767547.png

Reports of mysterious incidents have occurred in the infamous Karakura bear cave that resides in the Ochiba forest. Citizens are now pointing fingers towards the ancient Kodoma folklore.

A suitable approach to the month of October, many citizens have reported that spiritual and supernatural activity has arise, from the incidents that have occurred in the Ochiba Forest, the voices that have been haunting and following some people around, and the old ancient tale of the Zen garden. Mysteriously, all of the superstitious legends of Karakura have been dug up as the day of Halloween is just around the corner.

“Okay. I’ll tell you this; we get calls about ghosts all the fucking time. It’s always the forest.”
- KPD Officer

1666311911310.png

If you’re familiar with the spiritual world and beliefs that still surround Karakura, you’ll definitely be familiar with ‘The Kodama of Karakura.’ A Folklore about a young maiden with a kind and golden heart who aided humans and animals alike until the gods granted her the gift of becoming a spirit when she could not bear leaving nature and her loved ones behind.

It is definitely believed that this maiden still is around today, watching over the forest and the citizens of Karakura and offering them protection, the same way she did when she was once a human.​

It does not end there for the Ochiba Forest. Not only does it have grizzly bear activity, but it is a constant sight for ghosts and harmful entities alike. Citizens have reported seeing a masked figure that is usually wielding a knife, and a ‘Ghost face’ Halloween mask.

“He’s definitely a spirit of some sort! An evil one!” One citizen had said, believing that this figure is just a harmful hallucination that had somehow found the way to physically contact the citizens enough to hurt them. Others don’t believe this figure has even hurt anyone.

The majority acknowledge that this might be some criminal playing a cruel and horrendous scare on the town, aiming to hurt as many as possible while he remains unknown and hidden.

When entering the Ochiba Forest, remain aware of your surroundings at all times. Whether this is indeed just a spirit, or a human with a cruel need to hurt others, your safety is at risk.

The Town Hall does not seem like the place to be haunted, but for one College Student, it was a nightmare.

“I walked into the Hall for a new I.D card, and suddenly, I was alone.” Stated one College Student who asked to remain anonymous. “These voices followed me for a while inside of the Hall, telling me that my sister left because she hated me, it was extremely weird how it wanted me to hurt someone!” When asked about what she meant, the female student continued.

“It asked me if I hated someone to the point where I would wish they would die, or inflict physical pain on them. They even spoke to me on the way to the Zen Garden.” The student stopped there, describing her two encounters with ‘they’ to be extremely out of the ordinary but not something she truly cared about after one point. The female laughed after she said that she ‘waved them off’ and stopped paying attention to them, which made them disappear completely.

The Zen Garden is a place known to be cleansed by the Karakura Monastery. Long ago, the Zen Garden was a place that housed entities and spirits, believed to still be haunted till this day, but, with the protection of the gods and the monastery, the Zen Garden has now become one of Karakura’s prettiest spots.

The two trees that lay at the very corner of the Zen Garden are believed to be a gate, the old and tall branches curled inwards and creating a shape that could only be described as an opening..but to what?

This very gate is believed to be a portal to the spiritual world, an entrance to Karakura for the spirits, yet an indescribable and unproven exit to us, but for now, it’ll remain shut. Perhaps the sounds of whooshing around the mountain and cherry blossoms isn’t just the wind?

Lastly, Dr. Atlas Edgeworth, the head of the Surgery department at Karakura Hospital has agreed to be interviewed about his personal experience with the supernatural. Here is what he had to say.

Key:
Hina Saiky
Atlas Edgeworth

[START OF TRANSCRIPTED INTERVIEW]

Could you tell us your name and what you do?

Hello, I’m Atlas Edgeworth. I’m the current head surgeon for the Karakura Hospital

Do you believe in the supernatural, Dr. Edgeworth? Like spirits?

I do, yes.. I’ve personally not only done my research on said spirits, but as well have experienced a few cases in my personal experience.

I personally do as well, it is such a phenomenon, but there is never solid ground to stand on.
Have you had any personal experiences with the supernatural?

Well, I’ve had a few in my time of living in this town. The first time was when I was in High-school, I was only 14, and still new to Karakura. I saw a figure in one of the many school windows, I could not make out a face or any sort of features, but I could tell it was a person, looking right at me.. But when I had reached that same classroom, no one was there, no one was in any nearby classrooms either. There were chairs and tables moved, but no figure to be seen.

I also remember when I had decided to mess around in the old abandoned train station with a friend. I remember that something had suddenly changed with said friend, like something was controlling them, making them turn on me and attempt to harm me physically with a weapon they happened to have at the time.

Another experience is when I was still in College. Many people might recall this event, or at least have heard of it as it was in the media room that still remains till this very day. I remember the spiritual activity had become hyperactive in that room, A bookcase had suddenly fallen over and books and papers scattered across the floor. There was a case file that no one dared to touch except me and one of my schoolmates. I’ve heard the spirit is still being encountered by students till now.

How about your work life? Do you experience any supernatural behavior at the Hospital?

To my knowledge, and my co-workers, no supernatural activity has occurred inside of the hospital.

Have patients ever described a supernatural encounter when they’ve been brought in?

Some patients have described supernatural-like encounters, definitely more recently, yes. Though due to some cases it happens in, we are unsure if it’s actually supernatural activity, or something the brain is triggering from shock and trauma.

Have you heard about the recent encounters with “Ghost Face”? Do you think this figure is a spirit able to harm humans physically, or just another criminal?

I actually have not heard of this “Ghost Face” before.. My communications don’t reach much outside of the hospital unless its for work, or with the Karakura Police Department, maybe even the Town Hall. Even then nothing much is mentioned, not by my family members either. So sadly, I cannot answer that question at the moment.
And lastly, are there any places you’d avoid as a supernatural researcher?

There are a few, at least for now. Two of the biggest ones currently being the forest and Classroom 312. The EMS do not enter the school often, past the Nurse office at least. For safety, i’d do my absolute best to avoid these two locations. Though, the spot that has always been a no-go for me has been the abandoned train station. That place is packed with years upon years of supernatural activities, and as someone who has seen it with my own eyes, I would not recommend messing around in that train station.

[END OF TRANSCRIPTED INTERVIEW]

Users who are viewing this thread