players online

KARAKURA NEWS | The New Auction & Post Office

AllenBUwU

Level 85
AllenBUwU
AllenBUwU
Notable

Jim Kaede Yasushi - December 3, 2022. - 6 C | 42.8 F

As most have seen, passed the back of plaza and Zikani subway station, several renovations have gone on in the tower district of Karakura .. Most notably being the public Library or Karakura Hospital. However, here I'll focus on one of the most notable changes that took place .. Which is Yuasa Auction House.

If you been a resident of Karakura for more than a month, you'd be aware of the big changes that took place with the auction house's appearance alone. Used to be white, empty and had the pent accessible elevators towards the back, now has gotten a grand update. Now we see a richer look of the Yuasa Auction, with a stone outerior, new inside layout .. and the elevators not being placed behind the building as its own separate entrance point.
Now what about the items, the set up? Well along with the building renovations, a new system has been put in place .. and was it a good one? No longer inside the well-known and only auction house is a list of rules that can be visibly seen for all to read. The list used to consist of the basic rules, such as no alcohol or 21+ items, no prescribed medications or medical meds in general, and new ‘glitches’ items .. but now? No list is to be seen, which may cause an issue for new Karakura residents. That isnt the only issue. The new menu shown to residents have also been given an update. Now instead of seeing the items we have up for sale, or what items have expired .. We are left in the dark. On the screen us residents can click through or through the shelves of items that are displayed, the most we are given is a simple black and white arrow .. but wait, there's more. Once we buy an item, we don't get it from Takaya Yuasa immediately anymore.. We actually aren't even told where it goes. Speaking of this, where do our items go when expired, if not held in a separate area of the Yuasa Auction?

Well, the answer is yet another new change in Karakura.

Across Karakura, on Masayoshi Boulevard beside Mihiyo, or more well known as down the street from KPD & the beach, another renovation that likely went unnoticed by many has took place. Now, Karakura has welcomes a new post office which is awfully inconveniently placed a decently good distance away, and out of sight, of Yuasa Auction .. I’m sure most can see how this can be issue for new residents, or those who didn’t get the memo or know at all.

To those oblivious, it may look like they just lost money at Yuasa and got scammed if they didn't know the new program.. Let alone the knew building as a whole.

Here at the Post Office, we are greeted by a Tsutsui Yasushi (Not related to me) who allows us to pick up packages ..
But packages from who?
Why is it important for us to know of the post office and why is it odd its so far away from Yuasa Auction?

All those expired items, all those boughten items arrive here nearly act of immediately after said items expire or .. are bought. Now here I think is the easiest part of the new process when it comes to all this buying and retrieving nonsense.

Upon asking Mr. Yasushi for your mail, he hands you a plethora of light pink boxes with a label on it. An example of such is shown above. Each label is straight forward and follows the following format:

Sender: Yuasa Trading Co., LTD (or any other sender)
Addressed to: Y/A
Arrived by: Item Purchased from n/a

Right then and there no questions asked, you get to open and retrieve your items. As of right now, Yuasa Trading company is the only business registered and or allowed to send packages to this post office. Therefore, most labels will include that stamp. If it does not, do not open the package as it may not be your mail, be a prank .. or be something sinister. Best to play it safe.

As for how the inside of the post office looks? Its .. not empty but a bit dull.

The walls are an off-white with a red stripe along the top, a few shelves here and there hold plants, barrels, and of course, mail packages. Where you can speak to Mr. Yasushi is a basic counter with a slight barrier between you and him, likely to prevent robberies. As expected, its nothing too fancy, I suspect we’ll see man updates regarding the system and interior.

Now I’ll leave you, Karakura residents to now enjoy the new Yuasa Auction house and new post office system as you now know all you need to know about both. But I do have one question to ask… what is your opinion about the new System? Do you like traveling to the Post Office? Or did you prefer the old function of work? This was Jim Yasushi reporting and writing, till next time, signing out.

Have something you'd like to report or be reported on? Call the Reporter Hotline at (020) 980-4487!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread