players online

Karakura News | The Upcoming Election: Public Opinion

untinseled

Level 19
elizacinth
elizacinth
Notable

Greetings, citizens of Karakura.

As you all know due to Umeda Kame’s updates on the various campaigns and upcoming election, the position for Deputy Mayor is to be filled soon. Due to this, I have taken it upon myself to ask the everyday folk of Karakura their opinions on the candidates and what they wish to see in the upcoming years. After much trial and error, a general consensus has been decided upon by the answers I received. Further detail below.

1. Which candidate is the most well-received?
    1. Out of the 16 people who I was able to speak with, the results tally as followed: an astounding amount of support is gathered for Kiyoko Akai, with a few civilians voicing their support for Malachi Moralez. In total the votes matched with a crowd-sweeping 81.25% of votes for Miss Akai and 18.75% for Mister Moralez.
  2. Why are the results as such?
    1. For Miss Akai’s supporters, many said they have heard good things from her. Some said they enjoyed her speeches given/her campaign ideals, others claim they think she is quite a role model, and a few even spoke on how they would love for a woman to be in a position of power such as Deputy Mayor. One told me that he believed “having a young woman as a [Deputy Mayor] could influence younger teens to follow in her footsteps".
    2. Mister Moralez’s supporters spoke on his recent speech given at the skate park. They enjoyed his ideas for the education system and look forward to their future with schooling if he is to be elected.
  3. What do the citizens hope to see in the near future from the government?
    1. Many different answers were given, yet the most prominent desires were for changes to be made regarding Karakura’s overwhelming criminal activity. The majority of the people whom I was able to hold short interviews with spoke on their thoughts about the various gangs and other criminal organizations roaming the streets. One person in particular said to me that she would like to see “more peace and more problems solved.” Although difficult considering Karakura’s infamous history with crime, she hopes that this changed system could lead to change within that field as well.
[ One particularly interesting interviewee I spoke with talked about how she believes the election is going to be rigged. She went on to say how she is “not up to date on who’s running, no use it’s all government chosen. None of us have a real say unless we choose the right option.” She went on to explain how she believed that the government is a byproduct of nepotism, bringing up how she thought that “it’s all connections,” and how “family standing gets you places”, she specifically brought up the Akihito family. It was wholly an interesting conversation, and I wonder if there are others with this same viewpoint out there. ]

Thank you for reading today’s report, and I hope you have a wonderful rest of your evening.

Yakeru Takahashi | 06/26

Users who are viewing this thread