mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura Paranormal Investigation Club

IGN of Club Leader (In-Game Name): King_Cryptid_0

RPName of Club Leader: Kino Takagi

Discord Tag (Discord#0000#):
King_Cryptid_0#5975

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord:
Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?
I’m an assertive leader with a strong focus on specific goals. My speciality is working with people and organizing meetings as well as various events.
I’m more of a pacifist, partial to negotiating in case things go awry. I’ve disarmed a few fights with that method, proving my expertise with words has indeed worked
I’ve also been one to see certain things, not as clearly as others might but I’ve been able to see it nonetheless. My abilities have motivated me to start this club in the first place, as I’ve seen too much disturbance and shena****ns caused by these spirits to my fellow students.

(OOC: I’m experienced in creating narratives and scenarios as I’m a Dungeon Master for D&D, I’ve done my fair share of conducting stories as well as organizing events.)
(I’ve done plenty of research within Japanese folklore, specifically Yokai as it’s a special interest of mine. I could organize hunts or investigations based on actual creatures and spirits.)
(I’m also well versed in RP, I’ve been on two servers (on Gmod) where it was heavily text based and each event relied on the interaction of players RP)

CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club:

Karakura Paranormal Investigation Club (KPI)

Your current members RPName & IGN:
(minimum of 5)

• Ko-Eun “KoKo” Lee (Jke0_7)
  • Hiro Sasuke (MagicalGaming)
  • Carter “Carti” Diaz (SaintZeph)
  • Kaurys Yun (edgybabyparty)
  • Rin Misanagi (Lawkyt)
  • Noah S. Iwasaki (Npclol)
  • Jessie Schwarz (TheCatCult)

The club supervisor's RPName & IGN:
Haru Saito (JustAri)

What is your motivation for creating this club:
(150 Words)

Karakura has a rich culture, as well as its fair share of the bizarre going on. Strange and particular behaviors and rumors with people being driven by greed and wrath. Fights breaking out, uncontrollable and outlandish impulses motivating adults and students alike. We believe that some of this behavior could be linked to the supernatural forces that influence our desires. Addictions, anxieties, and anger- We believe these are related to the erratic hauntings of Karakura. I, Kino Takagi, have seen this corruption myself. But instead of standing back as I did then, I decided to act by creating a group that would help deal with these abnormal issues. (at least those within our control and permission)

(OOC: I personally found the club system to be a great part of roleplay, to the point where I decided to make one myself. Specifically I wanted to make a club that was based on the culture behind Karakura, but had a unique twist on it. Looking through the forums for inspiration, I found the Kato Satomi incident piece of lore. The way it tied her behavior to a malevolent spirit and the mystery of the story as a whole, it was fascinating. The document gave me an idea: A cultural club based on the town's interaction with the supernatural world. Whether we actually interact with ghosts or it’s just a series of investigations performed by the club members, I just think it would be fascinating to open up a new world of mystery.)

What activities and events will your club do?:
(Work out at least one club members only event & two school-wide club event)

Meetings will consist of research on entities such as ghosts, yokai, and folklore within the culture of Karakura. Within this research also comes methods of banishing or weakening such spirits, so we’ll prepare these students with the knowledge they need to fight these spirits.
We’ll take regular trips around Karakura, including its temples and forests. This is a way to understand our town's culture, as well as the possibilities of ancient spirits being part of it.
We’ll also conduct various investigations based on various events or cases, with the goal of calming or removing the spirit.

(OOC: These cases will be communicated with any subjects or whoever primarily uses that area; Our goal isn’t to hound players into interacting with us or being part of the event/activity.)

The investigation portion of the club is essential as well, as the goal is to have our members become specialized investigators of the unknown.
Such as the Kato Satomi incident, which is indeed known as folklore but it could be something more. As you may know, it’s rumored that Satomi was either possessed or influenced by an Amanojaku, a heavenly yet evil spirit. Similar incidents could occur, whether they’re demons or spirits that can affect our fellow student body. That’s where the Paranormal Investigation Club comes in.
(Kato Satomi Incident for reference:) https://schoolrp.net/threads/folklore-the-katō-satomi-incident.47508/

Our abilities will also benefit other clubs, as there’s always the possibility of their own events being interrupted by spiritual disturbance. Such as hauntings of the courts or track area or perhaps a student who might have been influenced by a spirit of foul nature. Our goal is to help our school and town out, we can’t turn a blind eye when our fellow student body is being disrupted by spirits!

We could also collaborate with the student council or journalists within the school to exchange information, looking into any issues that might or might not be paranormal. Although our goal isn’t to step on the Journalists toes here when it comes to getting a good scoop, we’re just focused on solving paranormal cases.

(OOC: If other clubs are willing to cooperate, we could organize events where locations or even members of their clubs are possessed or affected by spirits. This information could be relayed to the student body/journalists, as a method of spreading this kind of information)

How could your club benefit the School?:
We’re able to help the school with our investigation skills. We’ll look into other clubs and the student body for information on foul behavior (Cheating on tests, drugs, violence, etc). Of course, we won’t step out of our lane but the goal is to benefit our school and our students FIRST.
Basically, this could also double as a junior detective agency. As our skills will help us not only with investigating the unknown but also investigating the people around us.
Speaking of the unknown, this is a great opportunity to teach others about spirits like Yokai and Demons. Our culture is important and so is knowledge, two things that the Paranormal Investigations Club believes is important.
Depending on if the journalism club communicates with us, we could spread this information as a way to maintain peace throughout our school.

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned?
The club room itself will be used as sort of a meeting area as well as containing all the evidence and research we do over the course of meetings. We won’t be making major changes to the room itself, it just requires the movement of desks and chairs, maybe using the blackboard.
Although we will most likely be roaming around the school, performing our investigations and research gathering.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:
Previous knowledge of the Paranormal and unknown is not required, even if they question their beliefs of spirits. We’ll be teaching all the content within our meetings and investigations. But a skill that will benefit our research and others is preferred.
We encourage members to join, however any kind of discrimination against fellow club members is an immedient expulsion from the club.
Harassment of other students is discouraged, there will be 3 warnings then removal.

(OOC: We would prefer if our members have previous experience in heavy RP, although it’s not required. This is a great way of teaching our members how to RP as well as strengthening those skills. We would also like people who are able to write detailed descriptions as we’ll have “Spirit Logs” of all the events and activities.)

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply but unfortunately, I'll be denying this application for the following reasons:
- We already have a club with a theme very close to the one you are suggesting (Occult club);
- Although your event ideas sound good, they lack a bit of organization

Overall it was a good application! Feel free to apply again anytime.​

Users who are viewing this thread