mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KARAKURA TRIAD | CHINESE SECRET SOCIETY

Hooter

Level 3
The Triad.
Originated in ancient China, as early as 1250 BC. The triad is one of three secret societies. The Triad is a branch of the Hung Society. The Triad also established branches in Macau, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Chinese communities overseas. It has become evident to many that they have also spread to Japan, Karakura. Rather than members traffick and smuggle valuables, they now result to street violence and public brawls.

Their motivation of doing so is to take down any known 'Yakuza'. Currently, the Triad is underpowered contrasted to the 'Yakuza' or any other organisation within Karakura. They clearly have no intention on allying with others, trucing or even negotiating.
The Structure and Composition.

The general ranking system within Triad.

The Mountain Master's Duty is to do whatever a leader is supposed to do. He makes most the decisions. The Mountain Master must also stay anonymous, even to most members.
The Deputy Mountain Master's duty is to assist the Mountain Master as much as possible.
The Vanguards are private guards, they also lead those ranked below them.

The Incense Master is an educated person that is capable of advising the Mountain Master to victory.
The White Paper Fan's duty is to administer all ranks below them.
The Red Pole's duty is to manage large mobs within the Triad.
The Liaison Officers main duty is to send messages to other organisations, symbolic or written.
The 49ers are simple crooks, they do as told.
The Blue Lanterns are uninitiated members, they do as told.
The Initiation.
To start off, a member will be a Blue Lantern, once they are proven to be worth initiating, they will have to go through the initiation stage. During the initiaton, the member will drink a mixture of wine and blood, the member then passes beneath an arch of swords while reciting the triad's oaths. The paper on which the oaths are written will be burnt on the altar to confirm the member's obligation to perform his duties. Three fingers of the left hand are raised as a binding gesture. The triad initiate is required to adhere to many oaths. After the initiation, the member would then be a 49er.

All that you have read are factors in the Triad, if you are willing to join the Triad feel free to do so by clicking [HERE].

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
OH MY GOODNESS YES FINALLY

Chinese triads are super interesting historically, and I know in the past when I've came across the thought of "if I lead a gang, what would it be?" they certainly come up. I've always wanted to play with the concept of a secret society due to how interesting they can be- and I really hope this goes well! Here's to hoping it's not lead by bypassers and wont just be a killcult. The part I find most interesting about them is definitely the naming they do for ranks.

Users who are viewing this thread