mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Karakura's Location?

Coffeeccubus

Level 18
So yes, I know this has probably already been answered, but I want to come up with my own theories of where this town actually is.

Narrowing down of what I had gathered so far:

- According to MANY admins and mods, Karakura is South of Tokyo, so we can scratch this out:
upload_2020-7-3_22-31-29.png
- Pressing F3, it seems the Beach is located south. Which narrows my search here:
upload_2020-7-3_22-33-16.png
The city is surrounded by a large mountain, which, in this case, if it is, and the Beach is located South, this could lead to two possible locations
1. Karakura is here:
upload_2020-7-3_22-36-15.png
IF you zoom in a little closer, you'll notice that there is a lighthouse as well, and the street layout looks similar to Karakura's design.
upload_2020-7-3_22-36-50.png
The only major issue here, is that there is flat land to the west and east, and Karakura has mountains on those sides. The beach is also a cape, which is not the case in Karakura.
2. Karakura is near Katsuura, Isumi or Kamogawa or is somewhere in the Chiba Prefecture
upload_2020-7-3_22-34-33.png
I have scratched out the idea that it could be either Kamogawa or Isumi, as the beaches are located Southeast and not a direct south as much as Katsura is. Plus, the cove looks similar to where the light house is. Plus, looking at the location, it's VERY VERY similar to the landscape.

But once you zoom in...

upload_2020-7-3_22-38-28.png
It starts to become apparent there are MAJOR differences to that and Karakura. For one, a mountain is on the beach, which is NOT true in Karakura. Secondly, the Beach is not straight, and is jaggedy. There is also a bay on the WEST side instead of the direct south. So that could count out as well.

Now it could be entirely possible that Karakura is actually somewhere in Chiba or something. But honestly, the way that it is designed, I highly doubt it's around there. Now, if it was somewhere in Kanagawa... it might be more feasible and possible because of the location, the mountains and sort.

But I want to know what you guys think. Where YOU think Karakura is? If an admin or moderator responds to this thread revealing the location, please do! Because I kind of want to know the context and why the location was chosen! It spiked my interest ever since.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
  • it used to be set in tokyo lore-wise until that was retconned but now karakura is beng referred to as a city
  • Karakura IRL and Karakura Ingame are nothing alike (see srp mountains and ocean)
  • Japan has the same geographical rough island structure IRL and INGAME (the shape of japan is still a weird Horsea)
  • you can infer that Karakura in the srp universe is not in Tochigi but somewhere on the (SOUTH? according to staff) coast of japan (see OCEAN) but is also surrounded by mountains
  • as for the lighthouse thing; if the server cant even decide where Karakura is located a singular lighthouse which; by itself is way too common of a geographical location (a lot of beaches have lighthouses) and thas; cannot be simply assumed to be the same lighthouse.
  • my theory is that the geography of japan is different but the general locations of every town, city or state (except for Takashima City and Karakura City at the minimum) if the admins are correct then it is simply SOMEWHERE IN THE SOUTH and nothing can really be proven to its whereabouts further then that.

My biggest guess would be In Chiba, besides tokyo but still far enough that they do not share tokyo bay or seemingly anywhere that could be "Somewhere in the south coast of japan" and that it wasn't meant to be thought of so thoroughly as it is not a serious deal for a minecraft server for teenagers.

soratheonly

Level 54
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Hey guys if you read the Karakura Lore it states in the first paragraph that Karakura is set on a FAKE island in an archipelago! (EDIT: I didn't realize this was 3 years ago mb)

Last edited:

Mialyansa

Level 47
In the karakura history and karakura Goverment and KPD history is said that it is located at an island. I think it made sense as it was easier to justify the westernization of the city wihout the interferance of the mainland in politics or economy.

Users who are viewing this thread