[]
Do you have any previous bans?
No, I’ve never been banned.

What Country are you from?:
I am from the United States.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
Karate_#1010

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
I do understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents, and I have read through them understandingly.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I do acknowledge that if I'm inactive in the job I will be demoted and I take full respect in this rule. I’ll try my best not to go inactive to the point of removal from the team unless I have a very good reason too.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
I do understand that all classroom activities are to be recorded and posted to the same logs. I know of this since it goes the same way with the School Employees logs. I’m completely fine with my name being mentioned on the roster.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
My activity on the server ranges between 8-12 hours per day, sometimes even more if I don’t have much to do. This may seem a lot for the time being, only because of COVID-19, and summer at the same time. My normal hours for the server when not in the middle of a pandemic nor summer, would usually be 3+ hours per day. On the other hand, my activity on the forums isn’t nearly as much as my activity on the server, only logging on every other day just to check in on things like rules, and such.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/karate_s-office-secretary-application.23326/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/karate_s-korean-application.15197/

(Most applications on the server were done either in game or over Discord.)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher on School RP would be that I’m looking for something new. Being an office secretary for a couple months now has been very enjoyable, and I think I could have even more fun with a new role in a new environment. More motivation would be being more active than more teachers in the system. I’d like to host classes frequently to stand out among the rest of the teachers. Art is something I'm passionate about OOCly as well and I'd love to display that in character as a teacher.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I can say I have had past experience in roleplaying, this including on Roleplay Hub and older servers before I found RPH. My experience on Roleplay Hub has been really good, for I have been on this server for more than 2 years now. I think I can say I’ve improved a lot.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
I couldn’t find anything under the name of the Faculty Handbook. I did in fact read the Code of Conduct several times though, and understand it well.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
The Classroom Logs are screenshots captured while in class. This shows evidence that you’ve taught in a particular time or period of the day. It’s important because each piece holds your salary for the end of the month.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
Ideas for a field trip would consist of travelling places like art museums and studying the fine arts of the past, or even art that was made more recently. Another idea I had was to take students around the city with sketching pads and to draw out their point of view on the city, forest, and maybe even the beach. Considering there isn't much time in each class, the field trip would go on 2-3 periods. These Ideas would be requested to the principal, as they are the one in charge of what the teachers do along with students.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Strict rules while being in a class would be:

1. Do not sleep while inside of the classroom

2. Do not eat / drink anything in the classroom without permission to do so.

3. Don’t touch the teacher’s stuff without permission.

4. Do not use phones in the classroom without permission.

5. No talking when the teacher or another student is talking.

6. Be on your best behavior while in the classroom.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
In general my previous RP experience’s would consist of roleplaying on my own minecraft server I made with my old friends way back in 2013. Since then I like to say I’ve gotten much better at roleplay in general and in SchoolRP’s standards. When I got into SchoolRP I took roleplay more seriously, and it became my main platform to roleplay on.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD: HD stands for Head of Department. He or she holds the highest ranking in their following subject that they teach as he or she has already proven in the campus of Karakura that he is qualified enough with enough experience and longer time remaining within the faculty of teachers. He or she may give the other members of his league advice and ideas to their classes and may help them in any other circumstances.

- QTLS: QTLS stands for Qualified Teaching in Learning Statistics. These are the type of teachers who tend to have gained experience around the campus and hold the atmosphere of his or her classroom. He or she tends to lay out better lesson plans for the class to enjoy than the lower tier of the subject’s ranking.

- NQT: NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teachers. To put it simply, they are the newly hired teachers who are expected to deliver their lessons of their best abilities to do so.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
A teacher’s job is to educate the students of Karakura from ages 14-18. A teacher’s average salary would be 300,000 yen, doing more classes resulted in overtime - making you more money than the average. All teachers teach in different ways, some like doing more activities than paperwork, but all will have the same goal. This goal would be to have students learn as much as possible in the short amount of time they get in class per day. A teacher's spare time would consist of grading papers and watching out for student’s behavior around the school. Overall, teachers don’t have much spare time, for classes can take up most of the school day.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
The SchoolRP name itself wouldn’t be as titled as it is without the teachers. They are one of the main pillars that ever hold the roleplay specific for the server itself for everyone to enjoy. It may be a boring bit to ever attend school and listen like you do in real life, but they still are there to ever provide us enough experience of what it’s like to be in a different setting and a teacher with his ability, experience and strategy.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW - Must have, Should have, Could have, Won’t have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
Kasumi would be the average short petite japanese woman, standing right around the 5’2 range. Her eyes held a very empty stare, yet her mouth reflected a completely different emotion. Holding a smile around the work place the best she could, she would be found saying hello to her fellow co-workers and higher ups. She’s always giving herself to help anyone around the workplace, whether it be students, our fellow school nurses, or even teachers like her. Matsushima’s plan for the future would be quite simple. The woman simply wants to rest teaching what she loves the most - art. Kasumi had always dreamt of selling her work, leaving an impact on the world around her whether it be by a simple, or abstract painting she had made with her own bare hands.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?
First I would tell them to cut it out, this being in a harsh tone seeing as they are rule breakers. If not stopped after a few fair warnings, I’d lead them to the detention room where they should serve their time. Breaking the school rules is unacceptable, and should not be tolerated. If this attitude is continued, I'd call a higher up to deal with the students’ attitude, having them decide if they should be removed from the school as a whole or not.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
Raise your voice, and let them know that you are in charge of the room. Shout at the children if needed, or simply slam your fist into the desk. If this doesn’t work, I would try to call higher authorities to the classroom for assistance.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?
While in the teachers lounge, which would be a rare occurrence seeing as Kasumi character is a workaholic, most of the time spent in would be grading as much as she can in her spare time. Kasumi would be sipping at a cup of coffee, only sometimes interacting with her fellow co-workers to ask a question or to just simply ask how their day was.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me smiled before the students, greeting them with a welcoming smile. &f”Good morning, students. Today we will be learning about the fine art of photography.”

/me watched before the students as they were hard at work, pleased, she crossed her arms - a slight smile coming across her face.

/me handed the girl an extra notebook which had empty pages, just enough to finish the activity at hand.

/me sternly stared at the student that sat in the desk before her, narrowing her brows in a displeased manner.

/me would have waved at the students as she took a seat at her desk. Matsushima then took out a notebook - taking roll of the students occupying the desks.

Backstory

Kasumi Matsushima was born in a nearby town to Karakura in a somewhat wealthy family. Her mother and father were both pure-blooded japanese, making her japanese as well. Being upper-middle class, she was quickly introduced to the newest technology at the time, which wasn’t even comparable to what she’d have now in her average life living in Karakura.
Matsushima was introduced to the arts of painting at a very young age by her mother. She quickly got the hang of arts and crafts, spending every minute on it before school had started for her yet. Kasumi’s father did not appreciate arts as much as her mother and herself did, though, as he saw it would have distracted her from what was important, in his eyes at least. Getting a good education. Preparing for school was top priority for Kasumi’s father, training her for school she slowly distanced herself from her hobbies in order to make her father proud. She went by school in a breeze, still longing to come back to her hobbies at some point.
A tragedy soon happened as Kasumi entered her first year of highschool. Her father had tragically passed away in a hospital, peacefully. He had been suffering lung cancer for years on end, and it was finally his time to rest. The Matsushima household fell into a depression, not even art could drive Kasumi to keep her head up. She was put into therapy, still being very young herself.
After 8 months of her suffering by the loss of her father, she slowly recovered. Instead of letting his death put her down, she became very motivated to begin her studies more intensely as she had before, thinking it would have been what he wanted. While she did this, her mother encouraged Kasumi to take art classes for the first time in years. This surprised the girl, but she happily accepted and got put into an art class along with her studies. As highschool came to an end she would have eventually decided she wanted to teach.. But what would she teach? After a long couple weeks of thinking of what she wanted to do, she eventually came up with the idea that she could teach high school students her own age, how to do art, of course.
The now adult studied very hard to achieve her dreams of becoming a teacher, but in the end, she ended up doing something different. Despite all of her work towards becoming a teacher, she only had a part time job at a bookstore. Realizing her dreams were incapable without a home for herself in Karakura - which was the school she had been looking at teaching for - she applied to become an office worker at the same school just to make some quick money as she continued to work towards her main goal. She soon applied to become a teacher.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Kasumi Matsushima

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Kasumi

Preferred Name:
Miss Matsushima / Kasumi

Religious Denomination:
Shinto

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2:
Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):
3 years of teaching experience.

Working Experience (# of years):
16 years of working experience.

Academic Degree:
Fine arts, Teaching

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Art education, Fine arts, Art history

Minors:
Photo-journalism

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
N/A

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Yes

Preferred Teaching Subject:
Art

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED
  • Lovely application! After a thorough read of this, I must admit, you do seem more than qualified for the job.
  • Before proceeding further into your teacher-career, please ensure you have joined this Discord server.
  • Once done, contact Knot#2096 on Discord for a more thorough introduction to your position as an Art-Teacher.
Once again, congratulations!

Users who are viewing this thread