Denied KidzInBazement: History Teacher application

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: KidzInBazement

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Onions#3618

Do you have a microphone?:
No

How old are you? (Optional): 15 turning 16

What is your time zone?: EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: I'm decently active. I play around 1-3 hours a day depending on how I'm feeling. Currently, I haven't been able to play quite as much I still play around 1.5 hours a day.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have one previous ban and It was because of "Racism" Now I put quotes around that because I just made a joke that didn't go over well and I didn't really know that it was offensive.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server: I recently got accepted to this program but got removed for asking to many questions and it just made it seem like I wasn't qualified but I read things over and I am ready now. Still can only link recent apps. https://schoolrp.net/threads/history-teacher-application-kidzinbazement.41048/

College (9x) Denied

College (1x) Accepted

Police (Denied)

Private tutor, Chef, Janitor, Librarian (Denied)

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): Bachelors

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: History

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: IC MOTIVATION My character Nikolo was born into a family of very smart people and he had friends with parents that were teachers. He always thought that being a teacher would be good for him to be able to meet new people, learn about students, and be able to teach people.

OOC MOTIVATION: I applied because I think that it would help both me, my character, and my friends learn things. I have a lot of friends from real life on SRP and to be able to teach not only them would be able to broaden my education and theirs aswell.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?: I do understand.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: The teacher's class logs are where teachers put what happened in their class any disturbances, wrongful students, or any detentions that happened. These are important because it shows the people that go over them not only what happened in the class but as well what the teachers taught.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: The strict rules in a classroom are
Rules mainly for students
-No Cheating on tests, work, or just assignments in general.

-Respect not only teachers but students, and staff in general.

-Don't mess around in class.

-Make sure you're prepared when you come to class.

-No swearing, inappropriate behavior, No eating, and no physical contact.

Rules for mainly teachers.

-Make sure that your classes aren't extremely boring! Put a little bit of fun into them.

-You have to have the required at least 15 classes a month (OOC MONTH)

-No swearing, not only could it get you in trouble it could make your students upset.

-No bad behavior in general.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have quite a bit of experience when it comes to roleplay. I have around 700 hours on SRP alone. I have roleplayed on other games such as Garry's mod, Project Zomboid, GTA 5, FiveM, and Minecraft in general.
In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD

↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The head of the department is the most qualified rank. They check the quality of their fellow teacher's work and make sure they're doing well.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: A qualified teacher was a teacher for a larger amount of time and was confirmed to become qualified by the Head Of Department. This teacher was trained and has been a teacher for a long time. This teacher can teach classes.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly-Qualified-Teacher
↳ Description: The newly qualified teacher is a teacher that was recently confirmed to be able to teach classes. They have just been trained but they are more qualified than a UT.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: This teacher is a newly recruited teacher and cannot teach classes until they have been trained.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game are allowed to teach 4 classes a day, although they are not required to teach this many. Teachers make ¥450,000 a month and can get a ¥50000 yen bonus if they choose to do 10 extra classes (Ten more than they're supposed to do in a month.) Teachers try to make their classes not only educational but also fun, and exciting!

When teachers are off the job they just have fun with their friends, meet new people, chill out, and study to become smarter than they already are. Teachers could work at a store as a part-time job

In real life, teachers are very trained educated people who have been to (At least) Community college for a decent amount of time. Teachers have to stay professional and those who don't have the chance of being fired. Teachers try to make their classes not only amusing but also have a higher educational value than we would in roleplay. Of course it's easier to teach in roleplay than in real life but in real life, teachers try so hard to be able to teach students to get paid not even as much as a snow plower in some places.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers are the most important role in SRP. Without teachers, we would have nobody to teach the students and it wouldn't really be able to be called School Rp.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MOSCOW

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?
Description:
Nikolo Sawyer is a very tall male around the height of 7'3 - 7'5 he weighs a decent amount a bit overweight at 205- 220 pounds. He is Japanese and was born in Osaka Japan.

Personality:
Nikolo Sawyer is an average person who likes to chill out. He is a nice person unless you get onto his bad side then he'll get a little bit rude. Nikolo loves his family and everyone that he's friends with.

Scenarios
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would walk over to the gang of delinquents telling them to knock it off because what they're doing is very inappropriate on school grounds. If they continued I would warn them a single more time and say "If you do not stop I will have to give you detention" If they continued I would bring them to the receptionist that they're going to have (However many People) In the detention room for them to call it over the intercom after school.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I speak up a little bit and if people continue not to listen I slam my hand down on the desk so everybody goes quiet. If they go back to speaking I would say "Alright, The next person who talks without me calling their name gets detention."

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

In the teacher's lounge, my character would keep to himself unless he's spoken to. He would heat up some food, make some coffee, and just chill out.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
Walks into the classroom with an armful of papers under his shoulder, giving each student one of the papers
/me Waves to the classroom then saying "Goodmorning everyone. Today we have an assignment on the civil war. We're going to try to make this a little bit more exciting with a physical demonstration of how it happened. Would anyone like to help me with this?"
/me He would welcome the student up to the front of the class then saying "On this paper, you will write down everything that happened in this demonstration"
/me He would write CIVIL WAR DEMONSTRATION on the board and continued with the demonstration looking at the students every now and then to make sure they wrote everything down.

Backstory
Nikolo Sawyer is a Japanese male He's brave, proud, energetic, and perhaps a little too jealous. But there's more than meets the eye, not surprising for somebody with his position.
He was born in a middle-class family in a developing capital. He felt like he could do more with his life, such as sports he was fantastic at sports. He played soccer for a tiny portion of his life with some of his friends on a junior team. He was completely obsessed with learning and sometimes would stay up late trying to solve a lot of programming problems and other things like math and science his two worst subjects which later in his life turned out to be the two that he almost failed.

There may have been some things wrong with him he has mild ADHD and sometimes cannot focus well. At 15 he began to be very attached to different types of things like Anatomy and exploring. He got attached to exploring and would explore places around him like nearby lakes or holes to see if he could find anything interesting. Some people called him a weird boy but to him, he was the exact opposite. In his family weird was normal and normal was weird. He moved around quite a bit as a child since his family was wealthy it wasn't a big deal at some points they moved into very very big houses.

He loved everyone in his family and was a very festive boy during the holidays mainly Christmas the holiday he began to love more and more year after year. He did have a sister but he has no clue where she went whether she moved or just died he met her one time and that was 3 years after he was born in 2005 on his birthday he hasn't seen her since. As for his other 3 siblings, he sees them every year at Christmas as a tradition that travels through his family.

Nikolo became a teacher over years of education in college and learned even more from his family, friends, and people that he knew in general. Nikolo has wanted to be a teacher since he was a small child and he thought it was about time he learned everything he needed to, to become a history teacher. Nikolo knows about a lot of wars, segregation, and just the past in general. And here we are now. He has decided to fill out an application.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Nikolo Sawyer
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.Sawyer
Given Name(s): Nikolo
Preferred Name: Niko

Age (Minimum is 27): 85
Religious Denomination: Christian
Marital Status: Single

Nationality:
Japanese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree:
Bachelors
Year of Graduation: 2021
Major(s): Education ,and history
Minors: Social Science

Native Languages:
Japanese
Other Languages: French, and JSL

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
I recommend trying other roles around the server, for example: School Employee, Reporter, etc.

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread