What is your Minecraft Username?:
kinrui, my main is fungusfeaster.

How old are you?

What timezone are you in?:
EST.

Do you have Discord? If you do, list it here:
I do, mila#8697.

How long have you been on the server for?:
As I recall I joined some time a little over a year ago.

Do you have any previous bans or kicks?:
*( Please link or show evidence )

No.

List your past and current applications:
Korean language(accepted), Italian language(denied), Jin language (denied), Chinese language (accepted).

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/korean-application.20061/

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/italian-application.22961/

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/jin-language-application.22366/

https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/chinese-lang-application.19854/

What’s your motivation for applying?:
The whole experience of coming to SchoolRP has helped me develop my roleplaying and writing skills immensely but I still have far more I can improve on. I hope to be able to expand my roleplay experiences by roleplaying an older and more intelligent adult, something which I have never done before. Regarding the position I am applying for, psychology is something that I have and always will be interested in, and something I have had a lot of experience with. I hope that I can help players have a positive experience, factual or fictional so that they know that if they themselves ever need to seek help it is not that far away. I am very passionate about the mental health system as I have exercised it many times for my own benefit when I found myself in need.

What are you applying for?:
Psychiatrist and age 61.

What do you know about the role you’re applying for?:
As far as generalized medical knowledge goes, I have taken honors Biology and Chemistry classes in my public school and I have many relatives that are in the medical field. I have learned a lot about psychology from my own experiences. Not long ago there was a time period where I was very ill and at that time I visited many different psychiatric hospitals and offices. I am a curious person and I think that asking the doctors I encountered questions about their profession allowed me to take something valuable out of an unfortunate situation. I have done a lot of my own research on schizophrenia to better understand what I am going through and I believe that that knowledge could easily be applicable to medical roleplay.

Simply put, a psychiatrist mainly specializes in medication rather than the****utical treatment, done by a psychologist or a counselor. A psychiatrist interprets a diagnosis and communicates with other mental health professionals to choose what medication is suitable for an ill person. They may prescribe a pill to be taken at a consistent time, or in situations where it is necessary, they prescribe a PRN, a pill taken as needed (such as Xanax, or Advil). It is also important for a Psychiatrist to discuss possible side effects of medication with their patient and check in with them regularly during the trial period to be sure that the medicine is acting as intended. Psychiatrists could also refer a patient to a mental institution willingly or unwillingly if they deem the situation dangerous.

Do you know the basic Color Codes for medical emergencies?:
  • Code pink: A pediatric emergency or infant abduction​
  • Code red: A fire​
  • Code silver: A weapon or hostage situation​
  • Code white: An aggressive or dangerous person​
  • Code blue: The heart or respiration halts​
  • Code grey: A combative individual​
  • Code orange: A hazardous spill​
Are you aware that each position has a set minimum age limit? (N: 23, D: 25, S: 28)*
*(Key: N = Nurse, D = Doctor, S = Surgeon)

Yes, I am not sure of the age requirement for a Psychiatrist but since my character is aged 61 I am fairly confident that she meets it.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Of course, I have waited until my medical situation is more stable to apply for this position so that I can ensure that I will not flake the responsibilities.

What do you know about basic medical knowledge?:
I have taken honors Biology and Chemistry classes, and I have a lot of relatives in the medical field. I am not as comfortable with information regarding physical ailments as much as I am with mental ones, which is why I'm applying for psychiatrist and not a doctor role.

List all the EMS roles and their jobs:
  • Head Physician: The Head Physician heads the hospital and is in charge of all the roles. They pay salaries, give out raises, and enforce the Code of Conduct.​
  • Clinical Manager: The Clinical Manager is second-in-charge at the hospital and carries out essential tasks that the Head Physician does not complete.​
  • Clinical Lead: Clinical Leads are in charge of the role that they lead. They make sure every member of their role is following the rules and acting as they should. They are third in command.​
  • Surgeon: Surgeons carry out surgical procedures.​
  • Doctor: Doctors attend to medical procedures that are above the care of a Nurse. They may do checkups, treat illnesses with medication, and are trained to treat ailments of many parts of the body.​
  • Nurse: A nurse does minor procedures and emergency work that does not require a doctor or surgeon. They may deliver babies, treat puncture wounds, and draw blood.​
  • Psychiatrist: A psychiatrist diagnoses mental disorders, treats mental disorders, and prescribes medication. They may also conduct different styles of therapy if it is necessary.​
  • Intern: An intern is a student experiencing hospital work for the first time, unpaid. Their job is to decide whether or not medical work is for them in the future.​
CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

How are you like during and off shift?:
At first sight, Mrs. Iwasaki’s on shift personality may seem a bit too formal and serious than what would be comfortable. However, her sympathetic and welcoming nature is the main trait that has caused her patients to request her again and again. Although her values are very simple and traditional she is sure to never distance herself from a patient by expressing her disdain at some of the more ”young” habits and trends. Off shift Rie tends to enjoy the luxury in her life, hosting parties and spending many hours dedicated to maintaining her beautiful koi garden. She is quite more humorous than you would expect, although it seems that she would rather listen in a conversation than contribute. Overall, her initial appearance may seem bland but when you get to know her there is much to enjoy.

How would you describe your personality in summary?:
Rie has an infectious and welcoming calm personality, one that would make anyone no matter how hardened feel welcome in her home.

How would you describe your appearance?
Mrs. Iwasaki is a tidy woman. Her hair always hangs neatly at her sides or stays tied tightly in a bun. Her skin is soft and radiant, although wrinkled from age. She keeps her appearance very natural; no makeup, no hair dye. Her hair may be naturally greyed and her skin may lay wrinkled, but her eyes radiate her intelligence more than ever in her old age. Her thin frame is often seen in a simple cotton kimono and sandals, reflecting her traditional Japanese values. A shadow of simple, elegant beauty lies on her features, brought to life by the traditional makeup she wears when she puts on her old geisha attire. She always smells slightly of some delicious although mysteriously spicy perfume.

Do you have any mental or physical illnesses we should be aware of?

*( Please link or show evidence if an application was required )

No.

Rie was born to a prostitute in Kyoto who quickly became ashamed of her status as a single mother. When Rie reached the age of eleven she was left at a nearby okiya to work as a maid, never seeing her mother again. Her early days were rough, as the “Mother” of the okiya didn’t treat her with quite as much respect as she should have. It shaped Rie into a quiet, observant child, a trait that would come in handy for the rest of her eventful childhood.

Soon enough her captor took notice of her blossoming beauty and decided to turn Rie into a maiko, a geisha trainee. Life changed dramatically for her at this point, she began to reap the luxury of a geisha’s lifestyle and the benefits of a sturdy education. However, she was not satisfied. Providing her with an education had been a mistake, as the only thing she could think of was a future in the sciences from that point forward. The second she paid off her debts she fled, taking with her a considerable amount of yen she accumulated from her time in the karyūkai (“flower and willow world”, a term for the career of a geisha). Beating the odds of her age and her gender she enrolled in college with much help from the contacts she had already made in her short life. Psychiatry became her passion, and she led the majority of her many days comfortably, enjoying the small details of the world she had not been able to explore before.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Rie Iwasaki

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs.

Given Name(s): Rie

Preferred Name: Mrs. Iwasaki

Religious Denomination: Shintoism

Marital Status: Unmarried

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: Karakura

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency: Four

Working Experience: 33 years in Kyoto City Hospital