Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

KiraHub3
DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Kira#4120
WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CEST
LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
One ban for ERP a while back I haven't had a ban since and I learned from my mistake.
The appeal for the ban stated

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, I have a working microphone I can use.
DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Recently my activity on the server has been sorta on and off due to school but I still dedicate myself to at least playing a couple of hours a day on weekends so about 3-5 hours on a casual day but when it comes to weekends I can play for however long but I usually just stay on for around 6-8 hours since I'm not extremely busy.
WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I am applying for the position of priest.
WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
My knowledge mostly stems from legends from Shintoism but it also extends to some of the rituals that they perform I also did a lot of digging into the religion before making this application about the ritual items and how the priests and maidens are supposed to act on shrine ground, what different Kamis stand for, some of the history and what Shintoism itself stands for and I found it really fun so I'm extremely willing to learn more and I am definitely prepared for it.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
Well, I actually have multiple characters who visit the shrine quite often, one of the more frequent being Mioko Z. Diaz, who visits the shrine nearly daily but still doesn't believe in Shintoism, as she doesn't believe in any religion although she free to learn about it, and I'm completely committed to working and doing the jobs I'm handed, as I love doing whatever task I receive no matter what it is, and since I'm open to truly learning about anything, I see this as an opportunity to genuinely learn while having fun and utilizing what I learn from it and studying it until it becomes second nature to me since I value the roleplay experience I have on the server and take everything into mind as an experience I can learn from it or gain more knowledge in.
DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes, I acknowledge that I'll have to attend training to learn about Shintoism and its procedures.
───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Kaede Okamoto
CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.
CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single
CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese
CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-694-4036
WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation is primarily that I had a very difficult childhood due to being born in a very crime-ridden area of Japan, so I turned to Shintoism for help, and I enjoy helping others because I do not want them to encounter the same struggles I did as a child.
TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
I don't know a lot about the monastery but I know when it was built which was in June 744 and was finished in 762 and that it used to be for Buddhism instead of Shintoism and that it ended up getting burned down by one of the priests and that a single shrine ended up not getting burnt down which was the house for the Yama-No-Kai in 2004 if I'm not incorrect and that's about all I know since I'm not to indulged in the history of the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery.
WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Mr Kyohanashima

I wish that this letter finds you in excellent health. Kaede Okamoto is my name. I am not from a Shinto family, but I have studied it and admire the individuals that work at the shrine, as well as researching Shinto myself. I'm very interested in the monastery because I've been there and met some people. I'm having fun talking to them and learning new things I didn't even know before. I want to broaden my understanding and start sharing it with others. I love to interact with and teach others because it reminds me of myself in some ways. So I'd love to be hired as a priest.

I wish you well sincerely Kaede Okamoto

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Okaede grew up in a lower-class family in Kabukicho, Tokyo, which is an extremely rough part of Tokyo, seeing police officers walking down the street in riot gear on a daily basis as the area is home to a lot of underground crime. It wasn't a safe place to grow up. Being surrounded by crime, Okaede felt unsafe at all times and even had his father killed when he was only 6 due to him being involved in gang activity. He turned to Shinto at the age of 16, studying the religion to the best of his ability. He didn't really have access to a lot of things due to the problem of it costing too much money, but he managed well enough to buy books and sometimes use laptops, and the more he researched, the more he enjoyed Shintoism, but at the age of 17, his mother was diagnosed with cancer, and since they didn't have access to money for her treatment she would pass away and since he was underage he would have to move in to his mother's friend in Karakura, Aki Kikashide, who had the same interest in Shintoism as she did, he managed to learn more from her.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:
The Maidens usually stay on grounds of the Shrine and perform the sacred Kagura dance or it can range to sacred cleansings as they can also be seen as Shamans meanwhile the Priests are Usually in charge of the Purification rituals, shrine ceremonies, and exorcisms, as they're job, is to keep a relationship between the kami and the worshipper.​

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Before you enter the shrine you will have to wash your hands with a ladle pour it on each of your hands and then pour it into your palm sipping it cleaning your mouth and spitting it out and washing the hand you used to hold the ladle with.
How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Traditionally the Shinto Priest will be in charge of making the offerings as they get given the item they need to purify themselves beforehand and if it is something like money you will have to place it in an envelope and write ''For Inari'' on the top and your name on the bottom and if its something like sake place a noshi paper on it and write what it is you are offering on the top of it and your name on the bottom once again.
How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
To perform the tea ceremony you would lead the guests to the tea house and set out the utensils on the table but remember to clean them one by one beforehand purifying them then you will prepare the tea placing it in a bowl and passing it around the guests the more important ones receiving it first as they take sips from the bowl but not from the front of it and you should bow and raise the bowl then clean the part you drank from and each guest does that until everyone has taken a sip complimenting the host as a sign of respect.
Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu are and what they're used for:
A Tamagushi is a ''jewel skewer'' and its an ancient offering made from a Sakaki branch which is an evergreen tree that represents the eternal nature of our hearts as the Sakaki tree and other evergreen trees are seen as purifying trees and the shide which is the zigzag strips attached to the leaves represent the spiritual side of our world and is mostly understood as lighting to show a connection to the kami and we turn the tamagushi stem to our hearts, and leaves to the kami then we turn the branch once more to the left and then forward so the stem will be facing kami and the leaves face us then we would place the tamagushi on the offering table bow do hairei or a clap to the kami and then bow once again.

An Ofuda is a type of fuda or a talisman of sorts which is also called a godu in some places and is made from paper, wood, or even metal they can be found in Shinto shrines and are seen as being filled with the power of the kami some of them are seen as protection against specific things and can also be placed in different parts of someone's house to protect them from these things.

The Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells and one of the various ritual items used as the word Suzu just means small bells and Kaura means Deity Entertainment as they are used by the Shinto Maidens for the performance of the Kagura dance and these bells have shapes that are supposedly inspired by the fruits of the ogatoma tree and are connected to Ame no Uzume no Mikoto who used them in her task to cheer up all the kami who were depressed from the incident Amaterasu Omikani caused by hiding in a cave which brought darkness to the world but they had peeked out the cave to see why they were celebrating without them since she was dancing so another deity which was the deity of strength pulled them out bringing light back to the world.
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Kaede would worship Hachiman or the god of war which is the divine protector of Japan also having the symbolic animal of a dove.​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread