will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
IGN:
kissako (I also roleplay on my other account, kesareta).

List your discord name and tag (name#0000):
willi#0456

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I have a good-quality microphone that I can use when in discord calls.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
GMT, England.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?:
Yes. I 100% recognize that latency when sending in certain pieces of writing and failure to attend meetings without a valid reason will lead to infractions. If multiple are handed out, I am due a removal from the community team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team:
I will be 100% straight with you when I say this, but sometimes I can lack motivation, though it usually only lasts for 3 days until I get back into the groove of things, there is a chance that my writing skills/development in literature could potentially be rolled back somewhat significantly. Another obstruction could be the fact that school has started. I wouldn't say that I have difficulty removing my assignments from my to-do list, but I will say that it might take me time to fully understand things that I need to complete the assignment properly. This can obstruct daily activity which can have its pros and cons.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Being English-born, I have always been interested in English literature and language. Ever since I started high school, I've found more motivation to read and explore the world of writing. Apart from this, I am so very passionate about writing because you are creating a notebook of your imagination. This means that many stories will be unique, even if they fall under the same genre. Many authors also have a unique writing style, which also adds to the uniqueness of every story. I love writing stories in all tenses, as I find it interesting to imagine what it would be like in a certain period. For example, I like coming up with many theories and making them true in the genre of fantasy. Throughout the rest of my time in high school, I will be 100% dedicated to putting in maximum effort when it comes to the English Subject.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes! I have participated in many extra-curricular activities such as the BBC'S "500 Word" contest, entering that 3 consecutive years in a row. I've also helped create lore in some short-term Dungeons & Dragons' playthroughs that I have had the role of game master in. Another school-related experience that I've inherited is the fact that I am part of the creative writing club at my school.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the background of a place/organisation and its people. Lore is what builds the present and beyond and is ever continuing. Lore is similar to a timeline, yet: a lot more detailed in most parts. Every single piece of lore is something that has been passed around by mouth. This means that not all lore is necessarily true and some bits and pieces of lore could just be rumors.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

An announcement flooded through the speakers of the school, every conversation put to a stop due to the excruciating volume it blasted at. Every student and member of the faculty stood still for a moment.

“Good evening, students. We will be having an earthquake drill 15 minutes before the end of the school day. As the principal, I ask you to follow the instructions that the members of staff give out to ensure the safety of yourself and your classmates. Thank you.”

That was the voice of Kurokawa Akihito, the high-school principal. At this time, no teachers had reserved a period 4 class, so Meikan Masuo and Tobias Blackburn decided to head to the library to discuss relationships, more specifically, sexuality. 15 minutes later, the two were still on about the same topic.

“So, what genders are you into, if more than one?”

“Well, I’m into both girls and boys. Why do you ask?” Tobi inquired.

“No reason!” Meikan laughed as she was going to change the subject, but a loud noise alerted the library before she could do so. One, two, three times the bell rang. Before a second went by, Meikan instantly dashed underneath the table as she pulled Tobias’ legs down, causing him to fall underneath with her. Meikan looked up to find a piece of old chewing gum on the table, her face putting on a harsh, sour look, as she was about to throw up, luckily not doing so after staring at the carpet.

“Hey, what if this was a real earthquake..” Tobias joked on, a smirk shown using his lips.

Meikan rolled her eyes and, whilst doing so, one of the librarians informed people of the library that they could return to what the students were previously doing.
Instead of finishing their previous conversation, Tobias offered the idea of heading over to the Popovich tower, as he is a resident there. Meikan being Meikan, she agreed. Everything went well until a notification was sent to Meikan’s phone. It was an announcement sent out by the authorities that stated a magnitude 7 earthquake hit Karakura, but Meikan took it as a joke before continuing her walk out of school with Tobias.

Soon after, an earthquake light beamed through the boiler room door, catching the attention of the two delinquents. Both of them held an arm up to block the light, but it didn’t work that well as it struck both of their entire bodies. Suddenly the ground started to shake. An open classroom door was available, so they decided to rush in, with the window breaking up into pieces. By the time that both Tobias and Meikan got underneath a desk, they had already been struck with a few glass shards. Both of their ears had been wounded and vital areas of their body plucked at. They both started to panic, rushing back out of the classroom despite the teacher telling them not to do so. Instead of going to the nurse’s office to grab medical items, they traveled into the bathroom, trying to pull the glass shards out of their skin. Few screams could be heard from that area as they eventually removed the large shards, blood starting to escape from their body. The pink-haired girl rushed into a cubicle, grabbing two rolls of toilet paper, wrapping them around both Tobias’ main wounds and her own. In the nick of time, Meikan had managed, somehow, to leave school, rushing for her car. Meikan was very lucky as she heard the engine start, performing a U-turn, headed for the Shopping District. Some rubble and wire escaped from the main road as she tried to drive through, her Bentley Jeep’s tires suddenly popping. Meikan gripped onto her car’s driving wheel as she dropped her head onto the top of the wheel. A mechanic rushed over to the scene quickly to fix the tires, the earthquake coming to an end as soon as it was complete. When back in her car, she read the news, her eyes widening as she read on, it progressively getting harder to read as tears dropped onto the screen of her phone, it became blurry. On that day, Meikan had witnessed every negative emotion known to man. On that day, Karakura witnessed destruction and mortality, two things that hell could be described as.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

A fairly newer addition of construction in Karakura, Tagahashi Pathway stands idle, next to what the citizens refer to as the plaza, a hotspot for people to meet up. The pathway's initial development went underway in 2001, with development led by Akimasa Hasegawa, a prodigy architect that worked in and around East Asia. The first model bridge created was a very unique, yet structurally weak build, causing its collapse whilst in maintenance around the time of May 2001, but 8 months later, a better, more-developed structure had been produced by Akimasa and their team. It was much taller and a lot more advanced than previous models and some architects thought of the whole project as a failure before maintenance had even been scheduled. It, after some time, was eventually set at an estimated time of completion: July 2002.

It started slow and then an advertisement had been broadcast online, catching all of Japan's attention. The wage offered was exceptionally high and so, as anyone with correct qualifications would do so, took the job. Over 100 builders were hired and expansions began as soon as possible. Akimasa started to run out of money and decided to start giving out the wage tangibly. This was because Akimasa couldn't digitally hand over counterfeit cash. Nobody knew apart from the one who came up with a concept for this pathway.

Before long, the opening ceremony had begun. Akimasa was declared late and builders were still on-site, making sure that the bridge was stable enough, just in case any last-minute malfunctions could postpone such a build another year. All was seemingly good, but Akimasa was still nowhere to be found. Despite this, Akimasa's father, referred to as "Yama'', began to let citizens onto the bridge. Suddenly, the foundation of the bridge collapsed, leaving at least 100 people seriously injured. The year after, Akimasa couldn't keep on lying to themselves, ending up holding themselves accountable for the lives that were lost that day. Akimasa faced multiple charges, including 1st-degree murder and was given the death penalty for their actions.

Three years later, the government properly supervised the project of completing what Akimasa would've completed if he had correctly used his skills in architecture. Since then, it's been standing happily amongst the citizens of Karakura and is one of the main hotspots for proposing and other romantic-related events.

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Pending
We thank you for applying, however, we are currently placing you on pending as we have a full team at this point in time. If you lose interest in this application, feel free to request its removal.

UPDATE: Your application will be properly reviewed next week.

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, we are choosing to deny this application for now. However, if you are to reapply, you will only have to rewrite the second prompt.

The reasons for your denial include:

- Tap more into the definition of folk lore, it seemed similar to a true story
-Work on your pacing
- We would love to see you reapply!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread