Lore Team
KotaLobo
KotaLobo
Omega+
IGN:
KotaLobo

List your discord name and tag:
Coatuh !#0666

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes! I have a working mic and I can speak on Discord!

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST - America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I do recognize that I could be removed from the community team at any time!

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Not for long, but it could affect it for about another month, but I broke my ankle a little bit ago, so I have to take some physical therapy for that, though I could always tell you when I get the schedule for that! Until I fully heal, I won’t be having a job, so that won’t be an issue just yet!

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I’m an emotional writer myself, meaning I’ll write whenever I feel strongly about something that’s happened in the past or is currently happening. Though, in this situation, this isn't about that, this is about me wanting to get my writing and stories out there for people to read and enjoy all they want. Writing gives me a chance to write out my thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc. Though, it also gives me the chance to make others happy and maybe even help them enjoy reading a tad bit more with what I write. Writing is honestly a gift I'm lucky to have, it allows me to write what I want, whether it's true or not, I just want people to enjoy it and maybe even critique my work, not everyone is perfect and it's a great way to get positive or negative feedback that will help you be a better writer. Nobody ever stops learning.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Currently, I’m in the reporter faction, though for creative writing, I’ve created a handful of stories that I’ve been working on for some time now. I’ve also started writing lore for my characters, as well as their backstories. A lot of my old creative writing would come from old prompts I had to write in school.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the story of anything created by somebody, whether it be a character, drawing, etc. It’s used to give these things some type of meaning or reasoning for being what it is.

WRITING PROMPTS:

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced.

(662 words)
Calico O’Sullivan who’s a well-known female in Karakura for being involved in crime has recently convinced many people in the city that she’s stopped everything that’s even just a little bit related to crime. Due to this, she has to hide her identity from most of her members and be very paranoid about who knows and who doesn’t know, she knows that if she gets arrested again, she may spend the rest of her life in prison. This wouldn’t be a huge deal to her, but just the thought of her not being able to keep her friends and family as safe as possible drives her insane.

Even though Calico wants to get out of crime to start a new life, she has to think about her members and how they’ll be affected by her leaving. Calico’s the type of gang leader who builds a strong connection between her and her members, she’s also horrible at letting those people go to do something else. As well as her family and friends, Calico want to keep her members safe, though she knows it’s not always going to go the way she wants it to.

With her safety as well as her wants and needs, she knows that she needs to change to make things better for both herself and her loved ones. Even though Calico’s only known crime is her childhood and lifestyle, she‘s conflicted, so she sets off to the shrine to see Yurei or Hestia. Seeing as the shrine is her only safe place, Calico goes there regularly to get tarot readings, that’s the only thing she can trust in this city at this point.

Once Calico and Hestia get seated, Calico gets a reading for her present and future. The first two cards pulled are Justice in Upright and The World in Reverse. This reading tells her that everything she’s once done in the past will come back and get what’s coming for her, as well as tells her that it may seem like she’s ‘missing something’ and she’s confused about it, this is the end of an era. Her actions of the past may come back, but the end of her ‘journey’ has come. Luckily, she’s been told that she doesn’t have to worry because everything is laid out in front of her, almost as if it was handed to her on a silver platter.

In the second reading, Calico ends up getting Justice and The Wheel of Fortune both in Reverse. This time, the Justice card tells Calico that she’s in denial and is unwilling to accept the actions of others or herself. It tells her that even though she feels guilty, she has to realize that everything that’s in the past stays in the past, and she must take the action to change. How ironic, right? She’s wanting to change but is too scared to for fear of seeing the people she loves dearly possibly getting harmed severely.

The Wheel of Fortune tells her that misfortune has continued to strike her without any kind of warning, but she has to realize that this all happened because of what she’s done in the past. Though, as long as she goes with the wheel of fate, the wheel will turn back to her, bringing good fortune along with it. The maiden told her that her future is being clouded by her past while taking into account her past readings, misfortunes always seemed to be tied to the consequences of her actions. After, she was told that after everything passes, she’ll be surrounded by positivity and good luck.

After hearing about everything, Calico has made it her decision to soon let everything go. Even though she fears for others’ safety and worries about her gang members who she sees as family, she knows it’s best that she finally, after 12 years, leaves the life of crime to finally live in peace, not having to fear for her life any longer.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get.
(920 words)

A room in the sewers, one of which is covered in blood has many stories behind it, though this one is different from many of the others, some may say that this used to be a gang hideout, but when reality it isn’t. This room is enclosed in a larger room where a trail of blood leads to the smaller, once-white room. Upon walking inside, you’re met with the smell of sewage water and something as horrible as a rotting corpse, just taking a single step inside the fungi-filled room sends chills down your spine. This area is found underground in the sewers just near one of the entrances from the front of the shopping district. Even though nobody knows how long this room has been here, old citizens of Karakura will tell you that it’s been here for decades.

The story goes, there were two boys that were twins, Daisuke and Fumihito Sakamoto. These two lived in a house right across from Shopping District, their mothers, Naomi and Haruka Sakamoto, were both Shrine Maidens who didn’t get to see their two boys as much. Though, this didn’t stop them from trying to spend every ounce of time with them as much as they could until they had to go back to work at the shrine. Even when the boys would visit, their hearts would ache with sadness.

Though, when the boys weren’t at school or visiting their parents, they’d go off for adventures in the forest, around the city, and even down under into the sewers. Even though their mothers had warned them that the area was very dangerous, they took lightly to the warnings and went down whenever they could without being scolded, which was when both of their parents were at work. While they were exploring the sewers one day, they visited an area that they’d never come across before, it was the room. Then, the room only smelt of sewage and had some fungi growing around, it didn’t seem too bad until they noticed the trail of blood leading into the white room. Out of curiosity, they decide to follow the blood to a closed door, opening it would lead them to a horrific sight.

A male who stood about 6’4, though as scrawny as he looked, he was standing over a corpse in the corner of the room, the sight horrified the two boys so badly that they screamed and ran right out and to their parents. Once they arrived at their parents’ work place, they started telling them everything that happened, which then a report was made to the police department then set out a public safety report to be weary of when you went out and to not be alone.

Unfortunately for the two boys, the male had seen them as soon as they screamed, and right before they ran away from the crime scene. Not even a week later, the two boys were reported missing, their parents had noticed that they weren’t visiting the shrine and weren’t home when the two weren’t on duty at the shrine. This horrified the two parents who were in denial of their two precious little boys being missing, disappearing completely out of thin air, it all seemed too convenient.

This wasn’t the type of ‘coincidence’ situation that they were dealing with, this had to be planned out. A search party soon began looking for the two boys, searching high and low, from the forest and the entirety of the city that was above ground, nobody had thought to even check the sewers, and if they did, they were too scared to check thoroughly in fear of getting lost or even something worse. After days had passed, then weeks, until it became years later, no corpses were found that even related back to the two boys, and no leads were found whatsoever, the searchers began to stop and deem it as a runaway case.

Though, this all changed when someone made a panicked call to 110 that they found two rotting corpses that looked to be two boys, both no older than 10 years old. As soon as officers arrived at the crime scene, they were met with the horrifying sight of the corpses as well as the crimson blood that covered the walls and floor. After they had taken samples and sent them to the lab only to find out that these two corpses were some random people, they were the corpses of Daisuke and Fumihitio Sakamoto. After more investigation, they had come to the conclusion that these two had been murdered which explains the disappearance of the two for however long they were gone without a reason until now.

With more blood samples coming back, they found the DNA of a 32-year-old male by the name of Hisahito Fujiwara. After catching the man, officers interrogated him for 12 hours until he finally broke, telling him everything he did to the two poor boys after he saw them witness him kill 27-year-old Akahana Ta****wa, who owed him money after she had asked to borrow money years prior in order to get out of debt. After the two mothers were notified by officers, their saddened wails filled the city night. Luckily for many others in the city, Hisahito was arrested and sent to life in prison without visitation. Even though this evil man was caught and gone for good, this wouldn’t fill the missing presence of the two boys and the poor girl who died alongside them.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
Compared to other applications, we had to deny this one.​

Users who are viewing this thread