mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

KPD → Adding 'Non-Guilty Plea' Parameters to the /arrest command

xyev

Level 2
What's your Minecraft Username?: snaiIs
What's the title of your suggestion?: KPD → Adding 'Non-Guilty Plea' Parameters to the /arrest command

What's your suggestion?:
Hello everyone! With the summer holidays coming up, I can imagine things are going to get busier surrounding crime with people being able to log in more often. And with this, officers can make mistakes sometimes.

To combat this, an individual arrested by the KPD are able to plea innocent or guilty upon their arrest, to decide whether they will be immediately sent to 'prison' or their case is suspended until taken to court. For this i'll provide an example.

[Officer] Ernesto Martinez has arrested [Friend] Tom Brown.

- Tom brown has been arrested for: Gang Affiliation and Assault with a Deadly Weapon.
- Tom believes that Martinez incorrectly arrested him, and wants to plea innocent

[Officer] Ernesto Martinez says "You are under arrest for Gang Affiliation and Assault with a Deadly Weapon, how do you plea?"

[Friend] Tom Brown says " Innocent! I would never do that, you have to believe me! "

One they've paid the fee, there will be a non-guilty plea log made in discord, and the process will continue; however, within the arrest log there is no clear indication of someone's plea.

In this case, Martinez would mark Tom Brown's arrest as unbailable, to prevent Tom from bailing his character while the court case is in process; as it would waste the Government faction's time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom brown changed characters and was released from jail, he comes back on his alternate character: [Enemy] Tim White

Martinez is no longer online, as its been a few weeks, and Tom hasn't heard anything back about his non-guilty plea yet, so he's saved up the bail for his character and comes back.

[Enemy] Tim White Comes to bail his character, [Friend] Tom Brown, however he meets [Officer] Wolffe Kennedy, who doesn't know about the circumstances of his arrest.

[Enemy] Tim White says "I'd like to bail Tom Brown, please."

Since Wolffe wasn't involved in the arrest, he may see the high bail and the fact that Tom Brown is unbailable, and believe that he simply cannot be bailed due to his sentence.

[Officer] Wolffe Kennedy says "Looks like it says here he can't be bailed unfortunately!"

Tom is shocked! he can't be unbailable, as he was told a valid bail amount in 3 days if he didn't plea innocent. With no contact from a lawyer, Tom doesn't want to bother the Gov faction, so ends up playing Tim White for the rest of his life.

While this is a bit of a dramatic ending, adding a simple parameter to show the progress of someone's non-guilty plea would help the KPD faction keep track of non-guilty pleas within the same menu that they check bails and such in.

With a lot of parameters already under /arrest sentence, it could look like this!

and once it's enterred, it could show up like this on Tom Brown's log! [yellow text]

Or somewhere else within this list.

Though this can still cause confusion, it's just one way of doing things, alternatively, there could be another form which shows the progress of the plea.

This could show the individual stages of the non-guilty process so other officers who aren't involved could quickly be informed on the progression of the plea without checking discord. It would be set to in-progress until denied or resolved through court.

Tom's arrest log would look like this with this format:

Now instead of leaving Tom confused, Wolffe could instead inform him differently.

[Officer] Wolffe Kennedy says "Oh! He's pleaded innocent but it is still being processed to be moved to court."

[Enemy] Tim White says "Oh! I remember now, is there anything I can do?"

[Officer] Wolffe Kennedy says "You can contact someone from the Government faction regarding your plea and see where it is, and when it may happen."

[Enemy] Tim White says "Awesome! Thank you!"

A much better ending! and Wolffe found the information just accessible as Tom, so it was much easier to inform him, and Wolffe was able to complete other tasks rather than seeing the unbailable and having to comb through the non-guilty pleas to see it's status, if he even remembered it was a thing in the first place! [we are all quite forgetful]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this made sense! I can clarify further but I wanted to try explain it in a way that makes sense to myself and hopefully everyone else!! Feel free to let me know.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Easier communication, more effective non-guilty pleas and the ability for all officers to easily know the status of a non-guilty plea, even if not involved with the case.

kustomzero

Level 136
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
I’ve never been in the KPD faction before but from reading this suggestion I do like this. Making things more convenient and run smoother especially like you said summer has now arrived which means more people will have time to get on and do crimes and such. If this did get implemented it wouldn’t just help make things go smoother during summer it’d help all the time and prevent less stress and confusion for both sides. It’d hopefully help reduce mistakes too!

ny00m

Level 22
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
Not in KPD but if something like this would help important information travel within the KPD then I'll +1
[Enemy] Tim White is the best character ive seen in my life

Leo_14

Level 10
leo_14
leo_14
Omega
+1, I think that although it isn't gonna be the quickest process through court cases taking awhile to plan etc and organise with kpd etc I feel like this allows a little bit more realism and a chance to actually fight against an allegation! Plus I think it allows for deeper role-play

gmxr

Level 7
gmxr
gmxr
Omega+
+1
Great storytelling but these seems useful. Maybe they could also add a sue status to the arrest as well to show they haven't pleaded non-guilty, but have just been sued instead.

SaltyFollicles

Level 35
welovesalty
welovesalty
Notable
+1
just better and easier to process tbh, don't think it'll be too hard to implement too

also what the hell did tom brown smoke i thouggt he was [friend]

xyev

Level 2
[friend] tom brown was arrested so he had to ask on his alternate character, [enemy] tim white

its his second char slot don't judge him
+1
just better and easier to process tbh, don't think it'll be too hard to implement too

also what the hell did tom brown smoke i thouggt he was [friend]

KimiNoUso

Level 344
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This already existing in bail amount changes and a spreadsheet, however we may look into adding this if this system ever requires a larger update.​

Users who are viewing this thread