Notable
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

ClowningFace

Discord Name & Tag:
ClownFace#7767

Previous bans:
I have had 1 ever previous ban which was for GoreRP. I do admit that I was very wrong for what I did, and I’m very sorry to the person who reported it along with Tippie who dealt with the situation. I have since learned from that moment that I was quite immature and stupid. I took a break after my ban and about 6 months later I came back feeling as if I was more “mature”.

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m somewhat active on the server though do note that I have school Monday-Friday from 8 to 4:30 pm east and I put my school work above anything with SRP as I'm trying to pursue and better my grades hopefully getting into a college. I play on the weekends pretty frequently unless I'm busy with OOC things, which overall I’d give my activity a 6-7/10

Which timezone are you in?
EST, Eastern Time Zone.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
Accepted
Denied

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for joining KPD is as follows, for one, I somewhat regret leaving the faction I had a ton of fun being involved with everybody in the faction and I felt like I contributed or had more of an impact than I have doing anything else. I met people and became friends with them, I learned how to go into a more in-depth roleplay and interact better with people along with working as a group or a team. This helped me ICly by learning more about how to take RP more seriously than before and how to detail and plan things out. I was planning on checking out other factions or trying JockRP but I hadn't had the same motivation that I did when applying for KPD, something had felt missing and after talking with a few individuals I decided to start working on an application and found myself more invested then I had before I first joined. When I joined it felt more like a dream than a reality and I met some of the greatest people within the faction which has led me to finally reapply and take a more serious approach than beforehand, giving this my full attention.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
There is quite a lot of information when it comes to police and their work. I'll be putting most of the knowledge that I know here but might leave some things out to avoid bombarding you with information. Along with it, I’ll be breaking it into different parts of information.

Divisions and Ranks
Firstly I’ll be talking about the ranking structure, KPD is based on 2 different divisions. The Main Division and the Detective Division, the Main Division is part of the police force that mainly deals with calls and the more physical scenarios, they’re the main force as the same suggests. The different ranks from lowest to highest are as follows: Cadet, Patrol Officer, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and Commissioner. The Detective Division can do the same thing that the Main Division does but their main goal is to focus on different investigations and interrogations. They handle cases against gangs or different crimes, the main division can also do interrogations but it's recommended that a detective does it instead as they’re more experienced. The ranks in order from lowest to highest in the Detective Division are Detective Constable, Detective Inspector, Detective Chief Inspector, and Detective Superintendent. Along with it, there WAS a separate division that was removed or is just not very active, which it’s the Sewer Division. The sewer division was a group of officers that had known the sewers very well and Did most of the sewer's work when it came to searching or investigating down there.

Equipment
Moving away from ranks let’s go over to police equipment. Firstly the baton, it’s the melee weapon of KPD and should only be used as a last resort or in the water, it’s a 2-hit KO and can be mugged. Now moving over to the handcuffs, officers possess 2 pairs of handcuffs at a time and they can not be mugged by KPD. They’re needed to be held out to use the /jail command and can be rolled against when being cuffed. Moving away I’ll go to the breathalyzer and pepper spray, the breathalyzer can be used by right-clicking somebody with it out in your hand after they action to blow into it when right clicked it shows their drunk percentage which can determine if they should be fined for public intoxication. Pepper spray is an item that when used causes blindness and slowness against the person if shot at with it (7-block range). Next the Glock-17 and X26 Taser, they’re both the main items used by officers (mostly the taser not the Glock) and are used in all types of situations Al when thugs get bad or just on a patrol. The taser is used to stun a person when shot at for a minute making all actions against them honor and causing it so they can't action until unstunned. The Glock is a lethal weapon only given to H.U. and DIs which is used mostly as a last resort in very violent situations due to its lethality. Now the crowbar is used to break into apartments or pry cheats. It can also be used to lodge rubble away if somebody is trapped behind rocks.

Commands
Now for the commands that officers have access to. The most commonly used command is probably /requestsearch or /rs for short. It sends a request to look into people’s inventory and should only be used after auctioning to pat somebody down. Next is /jail [IGN] [cell#] [duration], this command is used to place a player inside of a cell in the KPD and is also quite frequently used. Along with that command, there’s /unjail [IGN] which tps the player back to where they were /jail’d. Then there’s /unstun [IGN] which unstuns a player if shot or tased. The last two I can remember are/phoneadmin find [Phone Number] to figure out which player has which phone number and /identify [IGN] which allows you to see the ID of any IGN put in.

Emergency Levels
Next, I’ll be discussing the different emergency levels and relatively what they mean (Keep in mind some of this information could be slightly off or wrong as I don't have each level memorized). I never actually got to see what emergency level 1 was like though I can guess as to what it’d be, I’ll start with level 4 first. Emergency level 4 is the highest level the city can be at, it's considered the most dangerous to be out during that time and the major crime rate is up significantly more. During this time officers are NOT allowed to patrol alone under any circumstances, along with this there should be at least 3 officers attending to a call and around 4-6 with weapons involved. Next over to level 3, you aren’t allowed to patrol alone once again and need at least 2-3 officers responding to a call and 3-5 with weapons involved. Then for level 2 you’re allowed to patrol alone with permission from an H.U. and it’s recommended, calls should have 2-3 people and 3-5 with weapons involved. I don’t have that much information on level one so I won’t be discussing it as I never saw it go down that low. Emergency levels can go up and down depending on what happens, for instance, if a cop is kidnapped, major’d, or killed the emergency level would be raised and if no significant crimes have been happening the level could be lowered.

Patrolling
Now for patrolling. Patrolling around the map is one of the best ways to pass time as an officer and can be a great way to catch people off guard who is doing crimes. Patrolling is usually done in groups of 2 or more and rarely done alone, this is due to the factor of how dangerous it is to be going out alone especially when people have perms on you. It also makes it easier when patting people down or dealing with a group in general. Patrols usually have a set route or plan in mind of where you’re going before or as you’re leaving to avoid confusion. Along with it, some areas are considered “Dangerous” and are REQUIRED to have your taser or Glock out at all times, such areas are the forest, powerplant, sewers (with no water for taser), mountains, and alleyways.

Bails and Sentences
Next, I’ll be discussing the bails and sentences. Although I will say that I do not have a complete memorization of every bail and sentence for every crime I will say that I do have an understanding of how to calculate them. Firstly whenever you’re calculating a bail you have to determine which crime has the highest bail. For instance, if somebody was arrested for Possession of Illegal Weaponry, Evasion, and Resisting arrest; pos of illegal weaponry has the highest bail at 300k from there you’d add on 15k per every other charge so it’d be 330k in total. Any sort of murder is instant life with no bail unless the said crime is attempted, then it can be anywhere from 2.5 mil for capital or around 1 mil for manslaughter (Both attempted). After you’ve calculated a bail and given it to them you also have to give them the option of pleading guilty or not guilty. If they plead guilty then their bail goes down by 25% and if they plead not guilty you have to ask them questions and fill out a forum via the discord server.

Quotas
Separating from bails I’ll be talking about the quotas or money system within KPD. At the beginning of every month, there is a new channel with new threads for each officer where they can post their quotas for their work. At the end of every month, there is a check of how many quotas every person has and if you have 40/40 points then you get a full paycheck (10k per quota logged). Quotas are earned from doing tasks that you’d normally do such as arresting people, front desk duty, patrols, filling out forums (lawsuits, guilty pleas, reports), community service, interrogations, and inmate care. They’re all different things you can do and each one has a different limit you can do in a day along with different amounts of quota points.
I’ll be stopping there to avoid flooding this area.

Why are the Police important to SchoolRP?
The police are a very important aspect of the server both OOCly and ICly, for one they’re a balance between the GangRP in the server. KPD is the only thing that’s stopping GangRP from taking over the server and ruining it in its entirety. KPD is also a barrier between GangRPers and players that stay away from any sort of CriminalRP. Overall without KPD, the server would be a mess with GangRP taking over nearly completely.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I accept this completely and won’t argue against it.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I do acknowledge this, I’m quite sorry for my past actions in the force and not being completely dedicated to the job.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held while you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, I acknowledge this and will provide my full attention to all training to pass my exams.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Takuya Aikawa

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, He/Him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/Ph.D.):

Master's Degree in Criminology

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
French and Latin.

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique?
Aikawa would be a young Japanese male standing at around 5’11 (180cm) and weighing 153 lbs (69kg). He’d have a slim yet athletic build along with good posture, and Aikawa would have light brown hair and light green eyes. He’d speak in a more monotone voice with a usual blank expression on his face, nearly looking bored. Aikawa would also have a tattoo on his upper back showing the tree of life in a yin and yang symbol; he'd also clearly be left-handed.

What makes Aikawa unique? Aikawa is a more professional and smart thinking individual, he’d much rather do things that make it easier not only for himself but for other people as well. What Aikawa lacks physically he makes up for mentally, he’d rather play things smart than aggressively and take it head-on. Aikawa is more quiet, only speaking if needed. Along with that, he's more monotone and dry than normal. He also doesn’t like the spotlight or for credit to be given to him for things he’s done. He believes in balance and that things have repercussions, make a bad decision and it will backfire on you. Do something good and it will go your way, this is another reason he decided
1674889868264.png
How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Aikawa is professional not only on duty but off duty as well, Aikawa sees no reason to goof around or be stupid off duty let alone on duty. He’s professional in most if not every setting and scenario, though he will tend to act more aware and active in a professional/on-duty scenario. While off duty or in a more casual situation he might be more laid back and less aware of what's happening around him, more open or approachable.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Aikawa isn’t too fond of the entire teamwork idea or outlook. He thinks that it could get in the way and end up worse than it started, although he does agree that it can be helpful at times and is usually better to work as a group rather than alone since you can get more done. Yet he still prefers to work alone and thinks it’s better for him. Aikawa does understand that he will have to work with his co-workers and will work with them when needed. Moving away from the teamwork side of things Aikawa will treat every one of his co-workers with the utmost respect, regardless of whether or not he likes them he’ll treat them all the same. He respects and thinks of them as equals no matter what they do, though if it were down to him or his co-worker/friend he’d much rather choose himself to save.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
From an ICly standpoint, I would see my character more as a follower than a leader. He’d much rather have other people take credit for the things that he's done. If he doesn’t have to do anything then he wouldn't, he much prefers following somebody else than giving orders and having people follow him. From an OOC standpoint then I’d consider myself more of a leader and taking action and making plans which are a little difficult and confusing to play out ICly since he’s nearly the complete opposite.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
July 2nd 1997
Takuya Aikawa was born in the city of Tokyo, Japan. His family wasn’t rich or poor, they were middle class, and he was a normal kid. His parents always had high expectations for him and wanted him to be something great in the world. Aikawa would also have an older sister that he looked up to nearly his entire life. Of Course, the two had their fair share of arguments occasionally but they were always close to each other and were one of if not Takuya’s best friends.

October 1st 2008
Kiyoshi Aikawa Takuya’s best friend ended in a tragic accident. Kiyoshi was also a troublemaker much more than Aikawa ever was; she got herself into arguments and fights that she never needed or should’ve ended up in. Eventually, she got into a fight she couldn’t get herself out of. She messed with the wrong people and ended up in serious trouble. On October 1st, 2008 Kiyoshi Aikawa at age 19 ended up dead in a hospital in Tokyo Japan. She was supposedly killed by some small gang or Yakuza. This was the time when Aikawa lost his humanity and had gotten a grasp on the real world, and his perspective on people, and nearly lost his humanity; he became colder, isolated himself more, and cared less about the people around him. His parents didn’t take the death too well either. His father started drinking and the parents got into more and more arguments which didn’t help Aikawa at all with what happened.

April 12th 2009
After a couple of months and having missed some school Aikawa started a new year completely fresh he focused on school, nearly blocking everyone out in the world. Ignoring not only his classmates but his parents as well. Even though he couldn’t fully ignore them, the constant yelling, fighting broken things, and near abuse were all hard to block out. He found a sort of interest in school, studying was almost like a way to cope with things. There were difficulties considering he was always quiet, kept to himself, and didn’t work with anyone his teachers tried helping including the school counselor yet he never talked to either of them about it; he kept what was happening to himself. Throughout the next school years, it’d be more of the same, nothing much changed he’d try making friends and interacting with people yet nothing much worked out other than a few conversations here and there.

April 12th 2011
Aikawa started high school. He wanted to start fresh as a new person even if people saw him as weird or antisocial. He felt like an outcast but wanted to change and try talking to people, possibly making friends or companions. Aikawa was always good at reading people, how they felt or what they should do to fix problems, it was a trait he picked up from observing people. He had tried talking to people. It partly worked, he found somebody with a similar ideal and life as him they became close but never considered each other friends. They were nothing but classmates after all and that's how they wanted it to stay, they were both smart and used each other for the school whenever they didn't want to work with anybody else. Eventually, he opened up to more people after a while some people talked to him more but usually, he didn’t count them as a friend, just somebody to talk to or use to get out of situations.

March 2nd 2015
Schools ended for Aikawa, at least for now it has. He’s wanted to go to college to pursue some sort of degree he just never knew what. He wanted to make a change, he wanted balance in the world and for people that deserved Karma to be brought down to reality and get what they deserved. He found himself pursuing criminology as part of the government or the police force. He leaned more towards the government considering he wasn’t even the fittest or athletic person he used his head more than anything. He had been working out but never planned something as aggressive and physically impacting on him as an officer. After he looked into it more he realized that the government is generally more corrupt than the police would be. He chose to deal with the restraint on his body and went more toward the police department.

January 1st 2023
After finishing college he wanted to move away from the more big city that was Tokyo, he wanted to start something fresh in a new area with people who’d never met him. He looked for a smaller town or city and ended up finding Karakura, without knowing too much he booked a flight and packed everything he needed to move. After about a couple of days of him settling down, he wanted to look more into the city and found some people who he thought were bearable to be around. They were weird and not the smartest whatsoever but he could stand them at least for now. He was told about an Organization called “Otake-Tatsu” that worked to bring Karma to those who deserved it and tried to create a balance within the town. He was blinded by the fact it was something to do before the police applications opened. He thought it was just what he needed, he had complete tunnel vision ignoring the clear warning signs proving it was more than just an organization. After he joined, he came to his senses and realized it was nothing more than a gang that had morals trying to justify everything they did. He stayed and played along, almost trying to manipulate the members he wanted to have it taken down but the leader hadn’t let his guard down there wasn’t much he could do. After a while, he ended up leaving trying to take everything he did inside Otake in the past. Once he’d finished the application he didn’t do much other than wait around hoping for a response or something to happen, he wasn’t too impatient with his situation.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, it is fully and completely against the law for any sort of citizen or officer to own a pocket knife or any other weapon inside of Karakura. Assuming that they’re caught with the weapon on them they’d be arrested for Possession of Illegal weaponry 300k bail and could be bailed out in 5 days. Along with this, any apartment they own will be raided in search of more weapons which if found would be added to their arrest.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
  • Paracetamol - It is a pain medication that doesn't require a prescription. They are typically used for mild pain or to bring down a high fever. A person can only buy 5 at a time.​
  • Cane - It’s used to help support a person who has trouble walking around. A person can only buy 5 at a time.​
  • Cough Syrup - It's a sweet thick syrup to treat dry and sore throats along with coughing. A person can only buy 2 at a time.​
  • Eyepatch - It’s used to act as a bandage for an eye if damaged. A person can only buy 2 at a time.​
  • Birth Control - It’s a pill that is taken to prevent pregnancy when sexually active, along with regulating a female's menstrual cycle. A person can only buy 5 at a time.​

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If I were to see my co-worker physically abusing an inmate my first reaction would be to turn on my body cam as they’re turned off in the station. From there I’d tell the office to stop immediately and move away from the inmate. From there I’d report their actions to a higher-up and let them deal with the consequences. If they didn’t stop depending on the circumstances, I would forcefully remove them and report it to a higher-up.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
According to my past knowledge of KPD, I’ll be breaking up this question into a couple of parts and changing my answer from the past application.

Scenario 1 (Officer is surrounded by 2-3 people unarmed): Firstly I would immediately radio for backup and give my location, from there I’d make sure that MY safety is absolute if so I’d move up with either my taser or Glock out telling the group to step away from the officer and to get on the ground. From there if safe I’d move towards them and cuff the group arresting them for either assault on an officer or attempted capital murder. If my safety is NOT absolute I would wait for the backup to arrive once done so I’d move up with them and deal with the situation, if they ended up KOing the officer I’d follow them still informing my coworkers over the radio of our location until they arrive.

Scenario 2 (Officer is surrounded by 5-6 people unarmed): Once more I would immediately radio for backup and give my location. Judging by the fact there are WAY too many people for just me to deal with I’d keep my Glock or taser out at all times and wait for the backup to arrive from there I’d push up with them.

Scenario 3 (Officer is surrounded by 1-2 people 1 with a bat {either spiked or metal} the other holding a lethal weapon): Firstly again I’d radio for backup (that’s sorta a routine thing at this point) from there I’d hold the taser or Glock out moving towards the people though not too close to help keep my safety. From there I’d immediately tell them to step away from the officer and get on the ground. Assuming they don’t comply I would wait for backup before moving up any closer to avoid ANY sort of motive for them to either major or kill my character though still staying there in a hole that they would rethink their options and back away from the officer before harming them any further. If they did comply I’d cuff them immediately and assess my coworkers' wounds if they’ve been hurt I’d apply a 1st aid kit to ensure their survival then immediately rush them to EMS.

Scenario 4 (Officer is surrounded by around 4-6 people with weapons, some blunt and some lethal): From this moment I’d call for backup and wait. I would NOT push up or do anything for them to notice my presence there to ensure my safety is absolute considering it’s better to have only 1 officer in danger, not 2 (as we learned from the crate incident. . .) after waiting for backup I’d move up with them make it a priority to get the officer to EMS.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I’ll be breaking this up into two scenarios as to what I would do based on what I know ICly.

Scenario 1 (I’ve figured out that the officer is working for a criminal organization but I have no proof of said things): Firstly I wouldn’t try and investigate the situation alone, I’d instead go to a higher-ranking officer (Most likely either the Captain or DSI, unless it’s one off the two, mentioned then I’d bring it up with the commissioner). From there I’d give them all of the information I know or have seen. Then I’d let them try and handle the rest of the investigation into it to not get in the way unless I’m needed for something

Scenario 2 (I’ve figured out the officer is working for a criminal organization AND I have proof of said accusation): Firstly I’d assess all of the information that I have about the matter and lay out all of the proof that I have of it, from there I’d bring it up to a higher ranking officer (as said above) and give them ALL of the information that I have and let them handle the situation unless I’m asked to help with something.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
If a criminal were to try and bribe me I would warn them that if they continue to try and bribe me it would lead to them being fined for attempted bribery. If they continue they’d be fined 15k for their actions and once more told to stop. In no way whatsoever I would ever accept a bribe from a criminal.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread