EmpInAbyss

Level 0
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
EmpInAbyss

Discord Name & Tag: Emp#4242

Previous bans: None to talk of!

Describe your activity on the server: I’ll admit, I’m not a super long-time SRP player, although I was an avid Fantasy RP player and previous Event Team on the Roleplay Hub, so I’ve been adjacent for a long time. I’ve only recently gotten more into the server although I’ve been on and off very much in the past! But as of recently, I’ve been very active and on daily for long stretches. I’m especially on servers during late night PST, off hours where I think having more police could be quite beneficial! Although I’m not a super well-known player, I am a very experienced roleplayer and writer of six years and believe I could more than fit the role required of me. If I were to get this role I could certainly guarantee activity.

Which timezone are you in?: PST!

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications: N/A

What is your motivation for applying?: I feel like on a server like SRP having an active duty and role would make the experience much more interesting, this position opens up a normally inaccessible form of roleplay. I have a lot of experience roleplaying guard/enforcer-type roles on many servers, so police work is an especially interesting thing to me! Alongside this I have an interest in detective and ‘noir’ type rp, having a character meant to be a bit of a private eye! However, I believe the best way to get this sort of intrigue and rp is by being a part of the KPD! I know crime rp is a very big and common thing on SRP, so I feel playing the role of an officer and working on the opposite side of the spectrum would be both fun, and helpful to the state of the server. Additionally, I know there was just a crime overhaul, which I think warrants the need for more people in the force as criminals will be both more rampant, and more dangerous.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?:

Quite a bit! The job of any in the force is quite varied, and typically much more than simply breaking up fights or physical disputes. You enforce laws, all sorts of laws, as well as having to prevent the potential breaking of said laws. With that said, some specific examples of duties that an officer of the police is tasked with, are as follows:

Patrols
By far the most common form of police work, and for good reason. Patrol entails the physical surveillance of Karakura, typically with a partner and up to four other officers. Patrols are by far the most boots-on-the-ground form of work, quite literally patrolling the city on the watch for crimes, suspicious activity, and even people needing help or bleeding out. Without patrol, the city would likely be in chaos, as people would be able to roam free without the worry of being caught for any crimes. Whilst on patrol, should the situation seem too dire to handle with your partner, you can use your radio to call for backup. It’s protocol to wait before going in, to go in whilst knowledgable that the situation is too much to handle, such would be reckless action. Additionally, a body cam should always be on while on patrol for evidence and leads. Cutting out certain bits or turning it off randomly is most certainly against police protocol and can lead to questioning. If an officer witnesses a crime during this time, it could lead to either a fine for certain crimes, IE: Loitering, or even arrests for crimes like manslaughter.

Raiding Property.
When given plausible reasoning ie: the harboring of illegal items or weapons, or if given a specific warrant from a court, police can bust into a home of a suspect to gather evidence, find contraband, or find anything they believe could be illegal within the home. When raiding a home, like most other physical police activities, a body cam must and should stay on, as tampering with such could lead to suspicion of what a police officer does on private property. The suspect's homes can be found via government files, and should an alternate account be used to cheat this, that home will also be checked.

CCTV Monitoring
Closed Circuit Tele Vision is something that not only the police have but is a powerful tool nonetheless. The CCTV is a large system of cameras set all around Karukura, a way to access the entire city from the comfort of the station! These sets of cameras are an easy way to prepare yourself, and your team, before entering the fray and potential danger. Although some places are most certainly inaccessible by CCTV, it’s by far the most efficient way to scout out the city without physically being there. Using the CCTV takes an action, and requires you to make a ticket with /help alongside where you’re looking, so they can provide an accurate depiction of what is going on in said location.

Front Desk Work
Not all of being a police officer is going out and fighting criminals or solving crimes, much of it in fact is rather mundane, this being the work you do off active patrol. Lower-ranking officers like Cadets especially do this sort of work, acting as the front head of the KPD station and helping file reports by citizens of Karakura. There needs to be a person manning the station and helping citizens with their problems, especially those who wish for visitation.

Arresting
When a criminal is convicted of a crime that is either a felony or misdemeanor, that criminal can face jail time. Jail time is when an officer takes a criminal, strips them of their items, and places them in prison until either their time is up, or bail is paid. Bail depends heavily on the crime being committed. If bail is paid, there is still a bail time to wait before a person can get fully released. This typically ranges between three to five out-of-character days in which they must stay in jail. Jail works sort of like an honor system, where it is quite rare police will take away items out of character, instead forbidding them. This is only contrasted when they find contraband on someone, which will be taken away. The use of say a phone or any item on the player during jail time is against the rules, as it would be fail-roleplay and powergaming. Although bail is typically an option when under arrest, if the officer finds that the criminal has committed a heinous crime, IE: manslaughter or any kind of murder, then this option can be revoked.

Police Training
Being a member of the KPD is not only having the intuition and wit to best the criminals who dare overstep the law, but another quite important ability is physicality! From protocol to equipment, to hand-to-hand combat, training is an important facet of being in the force, and the key to unlocking all other elements of the position. Police gain one of the highest dice on the server, rolling a d200 as opposed to the average d150 of a 12th grader and high school, a feat of strength and skills only achieved by the rigorous training they undergo! Although a less active duty, I believe training to be an important part of police roleplay and the experience, not simply something done to rank up, but a constant of honing one's prowess.

Investigation
A duty typically given to those in the Detective Division, investigation/interpretation are duties specifically for gaining information. This could be done in many ways, an interrogation with a captured inmate, investigating a crime scene, doing a stakeout whilst waiting for a suspect, or even raiding a home with a raid could all be forms of investigation. Detectives act as the eyes and ears of the KPD, and this is their primary form of activity!

Stakeouts
A stakeout is a more advanced form of reconnaissance and raid, police officers gather to watch a specific location with the hope of either finding something out, or catching a criminal in the act. Stakeouts can be on a small or large scale based on the operation, from single-target suspicion to large-scale drug busts. Yes, stakeouts are a classic and stereotypical form of police work, but an important one nonetheless.

The KPD Chain of Command!
Although there are many general duties an officer of the KPD must undertake, there is a strict hierarchy of command put it in place, of which both leadership and positions are set in stone. Such a chain of command goes between three divisions, the main division, the detective division, and finally ‘leadership,’ a division consisting of only two roles, yet a separate group all together.

The primary division of the KPD, more aptly known as the Main Division, is the bulk of the force, the officers who patrol, all the way down to the cadets who train to leave the front desk and take a greater role. Indeed, if it were not for the Main Division there would be no KPD.

Main Division Roles:
Police Cadet:
The lowest ranking role, Cadets are still in training, usually operating the front desk. Although they do still go on patrol typically with a higher-ranking officer.

Police Patrol Officer: Ranking above Cadets, Patrol Officers can go on patrol much more commonly. You receive your badge at this level.

Police Corporal: Somewhat above the rank of a Patrol Officer, Corporals train new Cadets, acting with more responsibility but not much more authority aside from over the newcomers to the force. Additionally Corporals gain crowbars, pepper spray, and Police Bikes.

Police Sergeant: The second in command of the Main Division, this is less of a standalone role and more of a transitioning role to that of a Lieutenant.

Police Lieutenant: Lieutenants are the heads of the Main Division, having the capability of gaining a Glock-17, as well as being the most privileged of the Main Division. For minor disciplinary action, these reports would go to a Lieutenant before a Captain or Commissioner.

Up the ladder from the Main Division is the Detective Division, the division of… You guessed it, detectives! The Detective Division is responsible for the intrigue and information gathering of the KPD, as well as solving advanced cases. Whereas the Main Division makes up the brunt of officers, these are a much more specialized bunch.

Detective Division Roles:
Police Detective Constable:
The lowest rank of Detective, essentially Detectives in training. Whereas the Main Division deals with the bulk of police work, detectives focus on investigation and intrigue.

Police Detective Inspector: A dull Detective, given Glock-17 these are special officers, ones tasked with deadly undercover operations and investigations. Additionally, Inspectors can utilize a Police Cruiser.

Police Detective Chief Inspector: Similar to lieutenants, these are the heads of their division, as well as the most intrusted of the Inspectors.

Police Detective Superintendent: The head of the Detective Division and the highest level within the Detectives. Investigations can be called off and started by this figure, the officer in charge of fully managing the division.

Above all the rest is the final ‘division,’ although it is not like the others. The two who are in charge of administrating all actions of the KPD and keeping order in the force, are the leadership. This leadership consists of two roles for two people, those being:

Leadership Roles:
Police Captain:
The right-hand of the Commissioner and the second in command of the entire force, should there be a lack of Commissioner present the final call would go to the Captain.

The Commissioner: The head of all operations and the Police Faction, within the faction the word of the Commissioner is law,

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?: It’s no secret that SchoolRP is a server littered with GangRP and crime-related roleplay, it’s one of the most common forms of roleplay on the server, and whilst fun for many people can be unfun for the victim quite often. Police exist to counter that roleplay, whilst also making a healthy rivalry, giving stakes to crime rp and advantages to law-abiding citizens. Police are a friend to normal players and civilians, offering refuge and safety from criminals and gangs. Beyond that, they make sure that the simplest laws are enforced. Without police underaged characters would be drinking in public, loitering on private property,

Equipment:
Knowledge and training aren’t the only things under the arsenal of KPD members, as the vanguard of the city and upholders of justice, they must be fully equipped for their duty! As funded by the city and well-worth taxpayer Yen, the KPD has various items at its disposal.

X26 Taser: An important tool for stopping combat, a taser shoots out a high-level volt of electricity at a target within 7 blocks, this stuns them. Once stunned the officer does gain KPS on the target, although this stun only lasts for two minutes.

Baton: The most simple tool of a KPD member, a baton is a small metal bat of sorts, used to defend against criminals and serve justice. This weapon can KO within two hits, with a short range of two blocks.

Handcuffs: A standard tool each officer carries two of, handcuffs are used to restrain criminals, especially for relocation.

Breathalyzer: A device used to test the alcohol contents in a person’s breath, this can be used to make sure people underaged are not drinking, and if one is found to they can be fined.

Police Radio: An officer’s connection to the rest of the force, a Police Radio is used to contact other officers and call for backup. Typically on an officer’s shoulder, this plastic device can be destroyed through blunt weaponry, but only with major assault/kill permissions.

Police Badge: An official identification an officer is to carry at all times, a citizen can request to see the badge for the authenticity of the officer. Cadets do not receive a badge, this being restricted to Patrol Officers and higher.

Crowbar: A metal bar with a crow beak. Although able to be used as a weapon with two blocks of range, and a two-hit KO, this tool is meant to be able to break down doors and open hatches otherwise inaccessible. This item is restricted to Coporeals and higher.

Pepper Spray: A compound turned into a convenient spray, this is used in the eyes to cause a burning and rather painful sensation. This is a lighter ‘weapon,’ able to be used to ward off criminals and temporarily blind them. This has a range of seven blocks and can blind for up to two minutes, granting minor assault perms.

Riot Gear: Gear used for more dangerous calls, Riot Gear is full body equipment that obscures an officer’s identity as well as supplying an extra magazine for the Glock 17. This can only be removed should the officer be knocked out.

Police Bike and Cruiser: Police Bikes are single-person motorcycles used by Corporals+ and Detectives. A Police Cruiser is a larger vehicle able to be ridden by four people. These vehicles are restricted to Higher-up Officers, as well as Detective Inspectors+.

Glock 17: The most powerful weapon in the arsenal of the KPD, only possessed by a higher-up or Detective Inspectors, although Sergeants and Detective Constables could be temporarily given this weapon. This high-powered pistol has a magazine of eight bullets, with a firing range of thirty blocks, and a melee range of two. Should this shoot a head at close quarters, it would start a ten-minute bleed-out timer. This weapon could be used to disable limbs and is overall a fighting force to be reckoned with, leading to its restricted and highly illegal nature outside of the KPD.

There are additional roleplay items, not equipment for combat but rather important aspects of the job of a KPD officer.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?: Of course!

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?: Yes indeed.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?: Yes, duty comes first after all.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Amandine (Amy) Watson

Character's age (if accepted): 25

Character's gender & pronouns: Female, She/Her

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Grade-12

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?: English

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?: Amy stands at a height of five-foot-five, her hair a light blonde color contrasted by gem-like blues. A pair of spectacles rests on her face, trimmed with gilded colors. Coming of British descent her voice is laced with a perpetual accent, one that pokes its head out strongest when speaking her native tongue. Generally fond of using more abstract and fanciful words, she has a general air of ‘sophistication’ around her. From her speech, to her clothing, to the very way she presents herself, it’s a presence she tries quite hard to achieve, with success. Amy can be seen normally walking around with an ornate cane, one that although carries little practical use, is a further part of the appearance she tries to achieve, and an item she finds a lot of personal value in. Having a deep interest in crime, mystery, and noir-related media since a young age she tries to dress and act the part. Despite all this however, Amy is a generally upbeat and positive girl, one able to switch from a laidback and fun-loving girl, to a professional quite quickly and sometimes randomly, her knowledge of the world around her and history quite vast.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?: Amy has quite the contrast of personalities, often switching between serious and fun-loving on the fly. However, Amy most certainly considers herself a professional, and this shows. When in professional situations Amy is calm, collected, and ****ytical in her approach. Amy is incredibly level-headed. She can almost always be seen with a notebook in which she jots down notes. From small details to full dialogue, she seems to have an ear for the small things, and an eye for the fine details. She seems quite curious, asking question after question. In more casual situations, however, this curiosity stays, but in the place of calm, is a happy-go-lucky and rather upbeat attitude. Amy can be fun-loving when casual, often trying to stay as positive as possible!

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?: When Amy thinks of a co-worker, they think less of someone to work with and more of a partner. On a job as important and difficult as being an officer, Amy believes her partner needs to be someone of the same if not greater skill than her, someone she can work off of, and who knows her. Teamwork makes the dream work as a wise man once said, and Amy believes wholeheartedly in this. However, she can often get annoyed if her team member isn’t holding their own weight. She believes in the idea of a team only being as strong as its weakest link and thus tries to help team members who are the weak link.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?: Amy sees herself as a leader, although not to a strong degree. She likes to go into action and take lead, often thinking that she could be the best decision. However, she is not hard-pressed on such a role, knowing the chain of command and that she must be a follower at times. Still, Amy often believes herself to be right when told she isn’t, IE: being shut off a case she believes isn’t cold yet.

BACKSTORY (100+ words):

Amandine Watson, a name given to the young British girl born of a diplomat. Amandine, or Amy as she commonly goes by had been a curious girl ever since her conception, having to travel or be on her own due to her father's rather global line of work. During all these meetings and constant calls, Amy found herself within other worlds! The worlds painted in words and illustrated in letters, books. Yes indeed, for wherever she went she’d find herself not outside, but instead in a library or a study. This hobby of hers became a bit of an obsession, her father leaving to work whilst she found herself through the lens of Sherlock Homes or in the eery Soldier Island of And Then There Were None. Agatha Christie became a favorite of hers rather quickly, growing an appreciation for murder mystery, which soon shifted into a fascination with criminology. Yes, for she would sink her teeth into story after story, spending hours and staying up late nights to watch documentaries and read articles. It became a bit of a personal goal of hers to solve a cold case, a goal that obviously, as a child, was never satiated. But still, she always dreamt to not only live this through the pages and her mind but instead to be an actual detective, an actual officer, to solve mysteries and fight crime!
After growing up in England for the most part, her father had taken up a specific role and thus the family was moved to Japan. What at first was a culture shock to the young Amy, soon became another mystery to unfold! A new language, a new people, a new environment, and new traditions. Indeed she reveled in all this learning. She began to pick up new traditions, favorite foods, and an entirely new language. It was clear from a young age that Amy was a fast learner, yet that wasn’t fully displayed until she transitioned to living in Japan.

Still, however, even in a new country, her love and passion for mystery, noir, crime, and police work stayed. So much so that she began to dabble in Japanese literature on the topic, and when the time came for her family to move back to England, she decided to stay within Japan, obtaining her citizenship through her father’s connections and studying in Karakura. Here she acted as a private eye of sorts, although that was more of a self-given title. She worked on any and every mystery she could get her hands on, from learning about a student cheating to finding a lost cat through marks it left and evidence strewn about a garden. Yes indeed, Amy was shaping up to be quite the detective!

While getting her footing in Karkura Amy roomed with a few students, spending time studying, researching, and sleeping on the couch! It wasn’t quite a luxurious experience, but one she will always appreciate. She began to focus on her physical self as well, working out more often and using her studying skill to learn about self-defense. Alongside some aid from her roommates, Amy set her sights on the KPD, using her knowledge, wit, skill, and prowess to aid the city and become a true investigator!

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?:
No, a pocket knife is considered to be a weapon, and holding such in Karakura is a crime, the only real weapon that could be held without being a crime is a baseball bat. Although having a bat does put suspicion on you if you were to say be brandishing one off-court or not near a recreational center.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription: Eye patch, wooden cane, cough syrup, paracetamol, surgical mask to name a few!

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?: First Things first Amy would make sure her body-camera is on, going to try and peacefully end the dispute through words, only getting physical if the co-workers proved unwilling. Amy would make sure the inmate was stabilized, going to call EMS to make sure the inmate was in good health, whilst she’d watch them closely to make sure no further physical abuse go their way. If so, she would step in and call for backup with her co-worker, using her bodycam footage and submitting it to a higher authority. This is quite unlawful behavior, and Amy believes without a good justification a punishment based on the abuse is deserved.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?: Amy would assess the situation, if there were too many people present she would stand back, utilizing her police radio to call for backup. Once backup arrived she would go in, first clearing her co-worker and making sure they were stabilized, having EMS take them away for further treatment as Amy, alongside backup, dispersed and arrested the criminal(s) for assaulting an officer of the law.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?:
Before doing roleplay related to this I’d confirm its legitimacy, finding out either from the commissioner or the co-worker to see if they gained permission from the commissioner to be corrupt, as is required. If indeed this permission was gained, Amy would find out the officer's motive, using her body-cam as a method of gathering evidence, whilst launching a bit of a ‘personal’ investigation into the officer. Before doing any sort of reporting and accusing an officer of treason, she would want to leave no stone unturned, and come to a whole truth, eventually turning a report in to the commissioner.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?:
Amy would make sure such was recorded, and if not she would turn on her body-cam to make sure further attempts were, going to deny the criminal and fine them. Should the criminal refuse to pay the fine Amy would instead arrest the criminal for not paying the fine. Although this could stack upon other things, say a criminal commits manslaughter then attempts to bribe Amy, it would instead be another offense placed upon the m
urder charge.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread