Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

Hikaqashi

Discord Name & Tag:
Jinetics#8789

Previous bans:
None

Describe your activity on the server:
My activity on the server is mainly running around meeting other players, exploring, or driving around town. Considering my main character/account is on the HS Track Team, I participate in a lot of school-related events; meaning I'm a very active player, averaging around 5-6 hours a day if I am not busy or not in the way of my work schedule.

My most active days are Thursday and Friday, while Saturday to Wednesday are my work days [3:20AM - 11:50AM]. I do have time on those days, but it varies depending on my schedule.

Which timezone are you in?
PST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
None

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation to apply for the Karakura Police Department stems from my desire to explore factions outside of the school team and faculty factions. I always like seeking new experiences and challenges beyond the confines of my usual RP environment. By joining the KPD, I hope to immerse myself in a different environment.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Since the police accompany us all the time in the real world, I have a fairly good understanding of what goes on in the line of police work. Adding on to this, I took law enforcement classes at high school out of personal interest, which helped me familiarize myself even more. All down to some of the equipment utilized, types of crimes, and all the standard work ethics that are expected to be met.

My knowledge of the equipment utilized
Baton​
Also known as a truncheon, it is a blunt metal rod that is used as a defense and compliance tool.​
Handcuffs​
A restraint device designed to secure an individual's wrists in proximity to each other.​
Radio​
Can be used to communicate with other officers.​
Breathalyzer​
Can be used to measure the amount of alcohol in an individual's breath. The individual must blow directly into the device for it to work.​
Police Badge​
Showcases the officer's identity. Can be used when introducing yourself to a witness.​
Taser​
A non-lethal weapon, used to to deal with violent or dangerous individuals at a distance.​
Pepper Spray​
Another non-lethal weapon. Utilized in policing, riot control, crowd control, and self-defense. Its inflammatory effects cause the eyes to close, temporarily taking away vision.​
Crowbar​
Also known as a pry-bar. It is used to pry two objects apart. Can also be used as a weapon in some occasions.​
Glock 17​
A semi-automatic pistol, chambered in 9x19mm Parabellum. Used by law enforcement around the world.​
Riot Gear​
Offers physical protection for police officers from harm during riots and other large-scale public gatherings, also conceals the officer's identity.​
Luminol Spray​
A water based solution that can be used to detect blood. If the luminol comes into contact with blood, it will show as a pale-blue substance.​
Disposable Latex Gloves​
Offers protection from viruses and pathogens and prevents forensic contamination.​
First Aid Kit​
Can be used to treat minor injuries including cuts, sc****s, burns, bruises, and sprains. (Adds +5 minutes to the bleed-out timer)​
Body Camera​
A constantly recording and live-streaming waterproof camera is attached to the front of an officer's uniform that is stored and accessed from a cloud database.​

Taken from the Laws & Regulations Thread.
Familiar with most of them, as some of them apply to the real world.
Fineable Offenses

Each of these offenses are minor crimes that will not result in jail time nor a criminal record, unless a fine goes unpaid.

Loitering
The act of remaining on grounds operated by a private entity, extended past their welcome.

Jaywalking
The act of crossing or stationing in a roadway without use of a marked crosswalk.

Harassment
The act of harassing or disturbing an individual in any way, shape or form against their will. This includes, but is not limited to, blackmailing, verbal abuse, defamation, stalking, chasing, criminal intimidation, etc.

Illegitimate Possession of Bats/Ballistic masks
The act of possessing a ballistic mask(s) or bat(s) while having a felonious criminal record

Defamation
The act of damaging someone else's reputation through slander.

Criminal Intimidation
Making verbal, physical, or otherwise criminal threats toward a person.

Blackmail
The act of attempting to force someone to do a specific action(s) by threats.

Possession of Un-prescribed Medication
The unlawful possession of any sort of medical item without a required prescription
-In the case of crutches, the item will only be taken away if the individual can walk properly without the need of them. Otherwise, they should be advised to go to the Hospital to get a new prescription

Irresponsible Driving
The act of driving unlawfully by driving on the wrong side of the road (the right lane), or doing a turn in the middle of a roadway

Bribery
The crime of an individual attempting to prevent the work of an officer through bribery.

Underage Possession of Alcohol or Smoking Accessories
The crime of an individual below the legal age (20) actively or previously possessing alcohol or smoking accessories.

Possession of Fake Identification
The crime of an individual possessing a forged or otherwise tampered piece of government identification.

Disorderly Conduct
The crime of behaving in a disruptive manner to themselves or others in public. In regards to yelling, a fine will only be put in place for yelling in a neighborhood or apartment complex

Disrespect Toward a Government Official
The act of acting unlawfully disrespecting an on-duty government official.

Public Intoxication
The act of being drunk in a public region.

Failure to possess an I.D.
Failure to show one's I.D. car to a Government official when asked. Only applicable to individuals who are 16 or older.

Motor Vehicle Offenses

These laws fall beneath the (KMVA) Karakura Motor Vehicle Act, violation of them will result in a criminal record along with jail time, as well as the potential to suspend or remove a person's driving abilities.

[F] Kidnapping with a Vehicle - 6 Months
The action of abducting someone against their will and/or holding them captive using a vehicle.

[F] Evasion With a Vehicle - 3 Months
The act of driving away from a law enforcement after being flagged during the performance of their duty.

[M] Street Racing - 2 Months
The illegal form of auto racing that occurs on a public road.

Animal-related Offenses

The laws listed here fall under (KAWA) Karakura Animal Welfare Act. These laws are in place to prevent cruelty & abuse toward animals.

[F] Animal Murder - 12 Months
The intentional act of killing any animals, domesticated or wild.

[F] Animal Abuse - 4 Months
The illegal practice of using an animal as a target for physical assault.

[M] Illegitimate Possession of an Animal - 2 Month
The act of abducting an animal that is not under one's existing ownership.

Minor Crimes

These crimes will result in a criminal record & jail time.

[F] Tampering with Government Equipment - 3 Months
The crime of tampering with government equipment or to make unauthorized alterations.

[F] Illegal Services - 3 Months
Any advertised or services that are deemed unlawful, such as selling alcohol to minors

[M] Theft/Scamming - 2 Months
The act of illegal taking another individual's possession through force, fraud, among others.

[M] Restraining Order Violation - 2 Months
The unlawful crime of violating the terms of an approved restraining order.

[M] Obstruction of Justice - 2 Months
The crime of interfering in police duties by physically or verbally obstructing police work.

[M] False Reporting - 1 Month
The crime of knowingly making a false statement that is material to criminal investigation.

[M] Vandalism - 1 Month
The act of involving deliberate destruction or damage to public or private property.

[M] Evasion - 1 Month
The act of escaping from or running from a police officer once halted or otherwise instructed to face a wall.

[M] Trespassing - 1 Month
The act of entering another's private property without authority of the property owner.

[M] Resisting Arrest - 1 Month
The act of an individual obstructing, resisting or delaying a law enforcement confrontation during the performance of their duty.

[M] Misuse of the 110 Hotline - 3 Day
The action of calling 110 for purposes that are not related to any emergency services.

Assault Crimes

These crimes all have to do with offenses related to unconsented instances of assault.

[F] Assault with a Deadly Weapon - 12 Months
The usage of a lethal weapon on another civilian with intent to cause major harm

[F] Assault on a Government Official - 6 Months
The intentional assault on a Government Official (KPD, EMS, KT) during the line of duty

[F] Assault with a Weapon - 6 Months
The usage of a non-lethal blunt weapon on another civilian with intent to cause harm

[F] Kidnapping - 4 Months
The action of abducting someone against their will and/or holding them captive.

[M] Assault - 2 Months
The crime of actively starting a fight against someone unconsentedly.

Government Crimes

These offenses have to do with town/executive-related matters, and can only be issued with the approval of a Mayor/trial case.

[F] Tax Evasion - Variable
The unlawful act of intentionally evading taxes after failing to comply when issued with a notice from the Government.

[F] Government Corruption - 20 Months
Any sort of unauthorized affiliation between a government official and a member of a criminal organization.

[F] Government Misconduct - 6 Months
The intentional failure to follow government guidelines, training or duties that result in someone's being harmed.

[M] Government Negligence - No Jailtime
The unintentional / intentional failure to follow government guidelines, training or duties

Major Crimes

These crimes will result in a felonious criminal record, as well as a long jail time.

[F] Weapon Trafficking - 20 Months
The act of selling or distributing illegal weaponry.

[F] Hostage Taking - 16 Months
The act of taking a hostage and or demanding a ransom.

[F] Gang Affiliation - 16 Months
The act of being apart of a group of people in which commit illegal services/crimes that has been contributed to.

[F] Possession of Illegal Weaponry - 3 Months
The unlawful possession of illegal weaponry that is capable of extensive harm.

[F] Breaking and Entering - 4 Months
The intentional act of damage to a private property to allow yourself and or others to enter.

Murder Crimes

These crimes will result in a criminal record, jail time, & may result in life sentencing or the death penalty.

[F] Capital Murder - LIFE / 40 Months (If attempted)
Deliberate killing of a government official. (Police, Hospital-Staff, Governor, and Mayor)

[F] First Degree Murder - LIFE / 30 Months (If attempted)
Deliberate killing of another individual that is planned beforehand.

[F] Second Degree Murder - LIFE / 20 Months (If attempted)
The deliberate killing of another individual that occurs without planning beforehand.

[F] Manslaughter - 16 Months
The killing of another individual in which the offender acted without intent to kill.

[F] Conspiracy to Commit Murder/Major Injury - 10 Months
The intentional action of placing hits and/or ordering third parties to commit Murder or Major Assault on an individual

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Like the police in the real world, the presence of the police plays a crucial role in maintaining order, ensuring the safety and security of it's citizens, and enforcing rules and regulations within Karakura. The Police serve as the guardians of the community, upholding the values of discipline, responsibility, and accountability. First and foremost, the Police are responsible for maintaining order within Karakura. They act as a deterrent to potential misconduct and ensure that all citizens adhere to the established laws and regulations. Furthermore, the Police are instrumental in ensuring the safety and security of it's citizens. They are trained to respond swiftly and effectively to emergencies, providing assistance and support in times of crisis. Whether it's addressing instances of handling conflicts, or dealing with any form of bodily harm, the Police are there to protect the well-being of everyone within Karakura.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I acknowledge.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I acknowledge. The officer role is a big task and I understand how big of a responsibility it is.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge. I will accept the consequences if I do not attend.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Hikari Hojo

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Female (She/Her)

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Grade 12

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
English & Filipino

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
1689714450627.png

Hikari Hojo is a young Japanese woman with long, dark brown hair, complementing her almond-shaped brown eyes. Hikari's porcelain skin is adorned with a few delicate freckles, giving her a youthful charm. She stands at 5'6", with a slender yet athletic build. What makes her unique is her captivating smile that radiates warmth and her impeccable sense of style, effortlessly blending traditional and modern fashion.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional SituationIn a casual situation
Diligent and Focused: Hikari takes her roles seriously. She approaches her work with diligence and dedication, always striving to uphold high standards.Approachable and Friendly: Hikari's approachable demeanor extends to casual situations as well. She is friendly and easy to talk to, making others feel comfortable in her presence.
Respectful and Courteous: Hikari treats her superiors, colleagues, and members of the public with respect and courtesy. She understands the importance of maintaining a professional demeanor, even in challenging situations.Good Listener: In casual settings, Hikari is an attentive listener. She takes an interest in others' stories and experiences, showing genuine concern for their well-being.
Effective Communicator: Hikari is a clear and concise communicator. Whether she's interacting with colleagues during team briefings, providing instructions to subordinates, or dealing with the public, she ensures her messages are easily understood.Sense of Humor: Despite the demands of her profession, Hikari appreciates humor and enjoys sharing light-hearted moments with friends and colleagues.
Problem Solver: When faced with complex situations, Hikari remains calm and collected. She ****yzes the information at hand and collaborates with her colleagues to find effective solutions to various challenges.Adventurous Spirit: Outside of work, Hikari may pursue hobbies and activities that align with her adventurous nature. She might enjoy exploring new places, trying new foods, or engaging in physical activities to stay active.
Empathetic and Compassionate: In a professional role, Hikari displays empathy and compassion, particularly when dealing with victims or members of the community in distress. She strives to understand their concerns and offer support as needed.Respectful of Boundaries: While friendly and outgoing, Hikari is also respectful of personal boundaries. She understands when to be more reserved and when to be more expressive, adapting her behavior to suit the situation and the comfort level of those around her.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Hikari values the importance of co-workers and teamwork deeply. Having grown up admiring her father's service in the Japan Self-Defense Force, she understands the significance of collaboration and mutual support in achieving common goals.

Her outlook on co-workers is one of respect and camaraderie. She believes that each member of the team brings unique skills, perspectives, and experiences to the table, making the collective stronger and more capable. Hikari is approachable and easy to work with, fostering an environment of trust and open communication among her colleagues. She treats her co-workers with kindness and fairness, recognizing that they are all working towards a shared purpose.

Hikari understands that law enforcement can be demanding and emotionally challenging. As a result, she is supportive of her fellow officers, both personally and professionally. She actively listens to their concerns, offers help when needed, and provides encouragement during tough times. Hikari's compassionate nature and willingness to lend a helping hand make her a reliable and valued team member.

Moreover, she believes that a cohesive team is better equipped to handle complex situations and tackle the diverse array of challenges they encounter on the job. Hikari is a strong believer in training together, honing their skills collectively, and conducting regular debriefings to learn from each other's experiences. By doing so, she aims to enhance their overall effectiveness and ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to their mission and responsibilities.

In the face of adversity or high-pressure situations, Hikari maintains her cool and level-headedness. She encourages her colleagues to do the same, emphasizing the importance of clear communication and unified action during critical moments. Through these shared efforts, Hikari fosters a sense of unity and purpose within the team.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
Hikari sees herself as a leader. Preferring to Lead by Example: Hikari has a strong sense of duty and a deep commitment to upholding justice and protecting her community. She consistently demonstrates her dedication through her actions and work ethic, serving as a role model for her colleagues. Hikari's ability to lead by example inspires others to follow suit and emulate her dedication.

Hikari values teamwork and understands the importance of fostering a supportive and collaborative environment. She actively seeks input from her colleagues, listens to their ideas, and encourages open communication. By promoting inclusivity and valuing diverse perspectives, she creates an atmosphere where everyone feels empowered and valued. This inclusive and collaborative approach naturally positions her as a leader among her peers.

This bodes well to her ability to motivate: Hikari possesses a natural ability to motivate and inspire those around her. Her genuine compassion and empathy help her connect with others on a deeper level. She encourages her colleagues during challenging times, boosting their morale and instilling confidence. Hikari's unwavering optimism and positive mindset make her a source of encouragement and support for her team.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Hikari Hojo was born and raised on the island of Karakura, Japan. From a young age, she looked up to her father, who served in the Japan Self-Defense Force (JSDF), with great admiration and respect. Her father's dedication to protecting their country and his unwavering commitment to justice inspired Hikari to follow in his footsteps and make a positive impact on her community.

Growing up, Hikari was a lively and determined young girl. She excelled in academics and sports, always seeking challenges and striving for excellence. Her parents encouraged her in all her endeavors, supporting her dreams while instilling in her the importance of compassion and fairness. Hikari's mother was a teacher, and from her, Hikari inherited a love for learning and a deep sense of empathy for others.

During her early teenage years, Karakura experienced an increase in crime rates, and Hikari became acutely aware of the challenges her community faced. Witnessing the impact that law enforcement had in keeping her city safe, she decided that joining the police force was the path she wanted to pursue. Her father, aware of her aspirations and recognizing her potential, shared stories of his experiences and the rewarding aspects of serving in the JSDF, further fueling Hikari's determination.​

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No. It is illegal to carry any sort of weapon that can deal bodily harm to anyone.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Cough Syrup, Wooden Cane, Unbranded Bandage, Glasses, and Eyepatch

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would intervene immediately. Then carefully document the incident, noting the details of what she witnessed, including the date, time, and the identities of those involved. Afterwards, I report it to my superiors, since it is urgent to address the misconduct promptly and ensuring that proper actions are taken against the responsible individuals. Then I would offer assistance to the victim, in this case, the inmate.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Likewise, I would intervene immediately. Calling for backup is always a good decision, this ensures that additional help arrives promptly, especially if the situation escalates or if there are other assailants involved. After the situation cools down, I would provide immediate medical assistance if required, then move on to securing the scene, and escalating the situation to the higher-ups.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If I find that a fellow officer is corrupt, I would firstly, gather as much evidence as possible. I will not act based on suspicions, but through concrete evidence and facts that can help my claims. I would then report it to the higher-ups, it is of utmost importance of addressing corruption within law enforcement and the severe implications such actions can have on public trust and safety.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Choosing to delay notifying the proper authorities could put my integrity and credibility in question. I would inform the higher ups about it. Bribing is considered a crime itself and is a serious felony.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (@Yonio) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread