Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

appyslice

Discord Name & Tag:
orange#2432

Previous bans:
NONE

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m decently active throughout all my accounts, logging in daily and participating in RP both relating to the factions I am in and my characters personally. If I am not online on the server, I am also usually doing server-related activities, like modeling, drawing or working on character documents.

Which timezone are you in?
EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/modeller-application.53757/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/lawyer-application-vaao.52351/

What is your motivation for applying?:
For the majority of my time playing I’ve always been in a faction. Starting from the time I began playing regularly on the server again I joined the basketball team, committing to it for several months before switching to cheer. It’s safe to say that I’ve been active and dedicated to factions across my accounts consistently, also having experience in the Karakura government as a lawyer. My motivation for applying is the opportunity to experience a new area of RP, contributing to the town’s workings in a way different from my other roles. Similarly to my switch from basketball to cheerleading, I’d like to be able to participate in something unfamiliar to me. I enjoy dedicating my time to learning and practicing new things, which can be demonstrated in my love for learning new languages. All in all, joining KPD would allow for me to focus on something new to me, and I believe that my experience in the town faction who works closely with them would prove me as a good asset to the team, being able to navigate, read, and interpret the town’s laws with ease.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
My knowledge of police work is limited at the moment. I may not have previous experience in the faction, but I do know some of the duties officers hold both relating to and separate from their interactions with the town’s government. Some of their engagements involving the government would be monitoring the courtroom and its attendees during public criminal trials, as well as being the one to give a statement and sit with the prosecuting attorney in the case that the individual they arrest pleads not-guilty. Body camera footage is often used as evidence in cases, so officers’ individual footage would be shared with the town government for the purpose of being used as substantial evidence. Besides this, officers regularly attend and act as security for government events such as speeches held by the governors, patrol around the town and look out for criminal activity on the streets, as well as stay at the station and take visitations, bail, and police reports at the front desk. Officers will take part in raids, also interacting with the government to receive approval for the warrants needed to execute them.

Why is the Police important to SchoolRP?
The KPD is essential to maintain balance in SRP. Without it, the criminal activity within the town would be extremely overwhelming, having no repercussions to the crimes committed. Police are important for providing the community with a safe environment/ sense of security and a place to report and take action on injustices. Without police, there would be no emergency response and an even higher crime rate. Since the town’s crime rate is already significantly high, the KPD is a necessary force to counter it.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I acknowledge this, and I plan to do my very best to avoid problems and follow all rules given.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I agree to be 100% dedicated to the police officer role, just the same as I have done for my other roles. Not only will I dedicate time to actively participating in-game, but I will work on memorizing rules, procedures, and refreshing myself on training contents in my free time while offline.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I’m aware that if I miss training while online I will be punished. I will be sure to attend all trainings when I am available, and to make sure I meet a decent number of attended trainings with my full attention so that I am able to pass the test required to become a fully fledged officer.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Hank Schofner

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male | he/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Master’s, majoring in Criminology and minoring in Psychology and Sociology.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
English and Mandarin

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Hank has warm-toned brown hair, dark brown eyes and broad shoulders. Standing at 6’3, the man would have a fit physique, appearing strong and well-built. Despite his firm outer appearance, his personality is relatively loose, having a good dad-like sense of humour accompanied by a charming chortle-laugh. Something unique about him is that he wears a 90’s American style of clothing casually, having most of his wardrobe be hand-me-downs from his father and grandfather, not being very big on shopping. He isn’t close-minded, and is always open to accepting input from others, taking them into consideration when need be. Hence his name, Hank is not 100% Japanese: his father’s parents being White and Japanese while his mother is full Japanese. Most of his features reflect his Japanese side as it is the majority, however, the genes on his father’s side pull through in his height and hair color.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
My character maintains his friendly and humorous personality in both professional and casual situations, but is able to switch to an entirely serious attitude when it is completely necessary. Despite his seemingly relaxed personality and joking tendencies, he stays alert and devoted to his job. His attentiveness persists outside of work, looking out for wrongdoing and working his best to maintain order off the clock. No matter the situation, Hank will do his best to make everyone feel welcome and attempt to befriend unfamiliar faces, lightening up the mood with god awful dad-jokes and puns.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Hank welcomes the idea of coworkers, having been a big part of his past education and career in the police force back in Tokyo. Having minored in sociology and psychology, he sees the value in human understanding and relationships, dynamics, and relativity. Besides the law enforcement aspect of the police department, Hank believes in the importance of communication and negotiation, as well as the deterrence of crimes rather than the act of punishing for what has already been done. Working as a team to him is not only beneficial for the added safety and security of being in a group of multiple people, but also for the added input and collaboration between officers. In a situation where the course of action is tough to determine on one’s own, being in a group provides for a good opportunity to get an idea of the popular opinion, or the valued opinion of an experienced higher-up.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I see myself as a leader. Even if I am not in a labeled position of leadership, being in law enforcement already has given me a platform of trust, citizens depending on me for their own security within the city. Even without the title of being a law enforcement officer, there lies a personal sense of responsibility where I find a duty within myself to help maintain order within my community and resolve any disputes that may rise to an even bigger issue. I value the importance of community, relationships and public service, regularly involving myself in volunteering to better my environment. I like to take initiative in social situations, making people feel welcomed and lightening the mood so that there is a comfortable air in the room.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
0-9yrs
Hank Schofner was born to two loving parents in a tight financial situation, being constantly harassed by loan sharks over unpaid debts. Due to this situation, he was born in America, parents deciding to have him stay at his grandparents’ house in Brooklyn, NY while they returned to Japan to settle their debts. His stay there extended year after year, being delayed far past the initial time they’d intended to have the debt settled. With this duration of stay in America, Hank had already been familiarized with the language and environment, having grown up in the country. He’d developed friendships and attended school there, as well as adopted hobbies and pastimes from his grandparents. He was able to study Japanese and maintain his knowledge of it from a young age, having learned it at the same pace as a native speaker from his grandmother at home. Hank often had contact with his parents during this period of his life, dialing them on the phone and sending them letters and/or packages. Through these exchanges he was also able to practice his Japanese. The family wasn’t well-off enough to afford private language lessons, but Hank was a considerate and aware child, doing his best to practice and learn the language with the resources available in his own home as well as interacting with his friends with similar descent at school.

10-18
Hank spent his pre-teen and teenage years growing up in Tokyo, Japan. With his parents relieving themselves of their debt, he was suddenly moved to a new environment and unfamiliar culture. The clothes, toys and hobbies he’d carried over had all been passed down from his grandfather, who had a special relationship with him. In reality, he was heartbroken to leave his grandparents behind, wanting to stay with them but being retrieved by his parents. Having practiced Japanese all his life, he was fluent by the time he arrived. Adjusting to the culture, though, was an entirely different challenge. Having no other idea as to how to acclimate himself, Hank adopted the jokester personality at school in an attempt to assimilate into its population, which worked. This adopted trait of his carried onto his life later.

19-25
Between these ages, Hank had graduated from high school, succeeding in college exams and working towards a major in criminology and minors in psychology and sociology. Criminal justice and language classes were provided as electives, and he even spent a portion of his studies learning Mandarin and studying abroad in China due to his experience living in that particular area of Brooklyn and interacting with many friends of Chinese descent. After his brief study-abroad, he gained professional experience in law working as a file clerk in a law office until the age of 20. This allowed him to regularly go over legal documents and get a grasp on interpreting and approaching different laws. From there he applied to be law enforcement, working as an officer and later being promoted to detective after 4 years.

26-29
Between this time Hank worked as a detective in Tokyo, a bit frightening due to the number of gambling districts he was in charge of overseeing with his work- areas that are loaded with criminal activity. The work could get slightly overwhelming at times, but the jobs continued to be entertaining and fulfilling. Hank craved gaining insight on other people’s lives and ideologies, a deeper understanding of their brains inner workings. Being a psychology minor, he found these things to be important in understanding motives to prevent similar occurrences as well as a means to negotiate with those who might relate and follow in the path of these criminals. After three years working in this position, Hank sought out a change, looking to spread his knowledge in the field to a location that seemed like it needed the extra hands in managing crime-rate. With this, he moved to Karakura and began a fresh life once more, with the goal of improving the community and building a life of his own.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

Pocket knives are illegal in Karakura, so no.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol, Lactulose, Cough Syrup, Wooden Cane, Unbranded Bandage

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
The first thing to do is assess the situation, determine whether it is safe enough to take action and stop them from doing any further harm to the inmate. After separating the two, detaining the assaulting officer and requesting medical assistance depending on the damage done, one should notify a higher-up and inform them about the situation, possibly searching for evidence of it happening, whether it be on the personal body cam or CCTV. It’s important to do this straight away so the officer is taken care of and the criminal gets the medical attention they need immediately.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
The first course of action would again be to assess the danger level of the situation. In the event that there is a large group assaulting a co-worker, it might be in one’s best interest to first call for backup and notify them of your location before stepping in to assist. From there, the threat(s) will be controlled and restrained, as well as arrested and taken in for assaulting a government official. Depending on the location and current state of the ordeal, it might be proper to fire a taser in order to get the criminal(s) involved restrained. The most important thing to remember is to not be hasty. In a situation where the officers present are outnumbered, stepping in immediately would be a brash idea unless absolutely confident in defeating all.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
Upon finding out a co-worker is corrupt and assisting criminals, the first thing to keep in mind is to refrain from talking about it. Whether it be to other-coworkers or a close friend, spreading this information could be harmful and pose a threat to yourself and those around you. The first course of action, however, should be to notify a higher-up. It’s not your own job to investigate, so if there’s been a reasonable hint to their involvement in criminal activity or solid evidence, it should be handed to a higher up so that they are able to look into it further. It isn’t proper to try and play hero in this situation, and they should be investigated with the proper authority notified in the case that their activity might persist over time. It’s not in the department’s best interest to risk the public’s safety over one officer trying to find incriminating evidence.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
In the event that a criminal attempts to bribe me, I would immediately fine them 15,000 yen for bribery in accordance with the guidelines. There’s no jail time associated with this, so they would be let go after having paid, and likely be discouraged from trying the same with any other officer.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to give you a chance at becoming part of our faction!​

WHAT NOW?
-
In order to proceed, you will need to join the discord server that house
the faction you have applied for. To find it, go to the SchoolRP discord
server (CLICK HERE) and search for our discord server!

- We will also need you to be online to receive your introductions and
the necessary equipment to carry out your duties as part of the faction!​

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread