Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):
swaghoon​
Discord Name & Tag:
cassie#8879​
Previous bans:
None​
Describe your activity on the server:
I am currently very active on the server now that luckily I have the time to be active again as I am able to be at home and don't really do much, I have been coming online every day if possible, at any time that I can throughout the day. Both on my main and alt account. I first joined the server in September 2019 and have been very active since. Generally, I spend around 5-6 hours on the server per day, sometimes more. But this may differ on school days, however I am still active on those days when I can be.​
Which timezone are you in?
BST​
List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

Hospital Application [Cancelled/Pulled out]
Korean Application [Denied]
Role Request [Accepted]
Teaching Assistant Application [Accepted]
Korean Application [Accepted]
Missing Item [Accepted]
Police Application [Accepted]
What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying is that I have always been interested in crime and the law, I would also like to be more engaged in the SRP community by protecting citizens and helping other officers by tackling crime and making Karakura a more safe environment for everyone. Seeing the way that the KPD works makes me aspire to be like them, they always work so hard which is respectable and I would also like to be seen that way, I want to be seen as someone who the public can rely on and protect them from harm. I believe it will also give me a greater understanding on how the criminal justice system works, which I am very interested in. This will be helpful to me as I learn more about PoliceRP and add it to my role play experiences. Seeing the way that KPD works so well in pressuring and dangerous situations makes me motivated to do the same and I am willing to work very hard to do those things myself, and as much as it is a serious job, I also believe it's exciting, being able to bring justice to those who deserve it and doing good things for the community also makes you feel good on the inside and being a part of it all as a team. I would also like to start my own family in the future on SRP so I would like to be able to protect them. In the future, Hyejin would like to be a respected Officer of Karakura that has saved lots of innocent citizens, making her reliable to the community. She hopes to contribute to the decreasing of the city’s crime rate while she starts a family and keeps them protected and safe at all costs, if possible she would like to work herself up the ranks to be a detective. I also want to prove myself and do a better job than last time at being part of the KPD, at that time I was struggling to keep up with my school work but now I have found a balance between the two and if given the chance I would love to show that I am capable of the job.​
What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
I have knowledge both ICly and OOCly I have taken the Modern Studies class in school, this is a class which teaches you about politics and also about crime and the law, which is the most interesting to me. They teach you about laws, the criminal justice system, different sentences as well as a few other things and how they can differ from country to country. I have also taken a forensic class in school which has given me an idea of how to solve crimes. I enjoy watching series, movies and documentaries on police work as well as it shows me the inside of their work, that they need to work together and trust each other in order to complete their duties, as well as coordination. To be part of the Police you need to have full dedication and work hard, it's not an easy job. I have also learned a few things from the KPD on the server as I watched how they work and also when I was also a part of the KPD before, whether it's the different formations they use such as always having each others back, patrolling; looking for people with masks, people fighting or underage drinking among a lot of other things. Watching CCTV, when a serious crime occurs, whether they find a weapon; what happens afterwards such as spraying it down to look for blood, raids, desk work, know when you are allowed to tase or search someone and how to do so, or even something such as handling a fine, bail or taking reports from citizens. I am also eager to learn more about these things in depth as well as other things to ensure I do a good job so that I am not holding down the team. To be a Police Officer you need to work hard as it's not an easy or light job. They need to be fast and efficient at their work to ensure no issues take place as it is a very dangerous, hazardous and vulnerable job. It is a job that requires proficient, fast thinking, a good mindset as well as working well in a team and good communication with others.​
I also know the police ranks, they are:​

Cadet
This is the lowest ranking in the police, they will go through training and usually are involved in smaller tasks such as taking reports, dealing with bails, working at the desk etc. If they go on patrol they must be with another officer.

Patrol Officer
After passing the Cadet stage you will move up a rank to being a Patrol Officer and they are able to now patrol alone as well as accompanying other Cadets, including carrying out some of the other small-scale tasks that a Cadet does and handling arrests.

Corporal
Corporal's are a bit more experienced and can now train other Cadets and monitor their work, under the supervision of Lieutenants and Sergeants as well as carrying out other jobs of a wider variety.

Police Detective Constable
The Detective Constable carries out different investigations of a variety, for example, armed assaults, kidnappings, burglary and theft.

Sergeant
Sergeant's are in charge of supervising some of the lower ranks, as well as monitoring their work to make sure they are completing their tasks well, providing guidance for them, while also completing their own tasks throughout the day.

Detective Inspector
This rank carries out investigations and collects evidence on cases by carrying out a variety of jobs, such as taking reports, making arrests as well as other things to push the case forward until it is solved.

Chief Detective Inspector
The Chief Detective Inspector makes sure those below them are doing their job correctly and carries out investigations of a more serious matter such as murder.

Detective Superintendant
They carry out a big role and as well as inspecting other ranks below them, they carry out and sometimes lead operations that occur.

Lieutenant
Lieutenants are known as Higher-ups and have access to firearms, and they can make orders to lower ranks and ensure they are doing their job efficiently as well as carrying out more intense operations with other officers.

Head-Lieutenant
This rank is in charge of all ranks below them and they provide intelligence and management to those below them as they are very hard workers to have achieved this rank.

Captain
Captains are very similar to Commissioners however they are still watched over by Commissioners as they are a higher rank, Captains carry out similar operations to Commissioners and this includes carrying out operations and supervising the ranks below and handing out orders.

Commissioner
This position is the highest rank, they are in charge of the entire Police force and ensures everybody is doing their job to a high standard and everything is done under their control and commands.
Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
The Police in SchoolRP are very important as they protect the public, in Karakura there are a lot of gangs and criminals around which could be dangerous if there is nobody there to stop them from causing harm. Without police officers it would be very hazardous for citizens who are unable to protect themselves. If there was no Police there would be a lot of chaos so the Police helps to balance the crime rates in the city. In general, Police are important as they implement and enforce laws and they are always there to help when needed if these laws are broken, as well as maintaining public order. Without Police forces, everything would just be a mess as there is no sense of organisation without them. Just with their presence in the area they are able to stop a crime from taking place. Because of the Police, citizens can walk around without fear that they could be attacked, killed, kidnapped or other things. They investigate crimes, detain and serve justice to criminals who carry out these crimes.​
Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I understand and I will respect and accept the decision if it occurs.​
Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, and I will be fully dedicated to my role.​
Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, and I will do whatever I can to attend every training taking place.​

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character's Full Name:
Hyejin 'Jinie' Shin​
Character's age (if accepted):
25​
Character's gender & pronouns:
Female, She/Her​
Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):
Masters in Forensic Investigations​
What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Korean​
Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique
Hyejin is a 5'2 Korean woman in her 20's, she has a sweet appearance and she cares about her looks as she wants people to take her seriously, she mostly always has a professional attire in day to day life. She has a slim body and works out often to try and keep her fit physique, she has short, soft blonde hair which is normally straightened neatly. I believe Hyejin is unique in a kind way, as she is friendly to everyone and will never speak badly about someone. She can recognise when she has done something wrong but she can stand her ground and defend herself when needed to. She can be bold while remaining a friendly aura, she smiles often as she approaches new people. But while she is working, she is very serious and focused, she doesn’t easily get distracted and is also a very quick learner and picks things up, I believe the contrast in her personality depending on the situation makes her unique.​
How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Hyejin Shin is a very caring, friendly and responsible woman during and off the job. She is sophisticated and usually well mannered. While on the job, Hyejin is focused on her tasks on hand whether it be given as a team or individual. She always likes to be on time and follows all orders given to her efficiently. She is flexible and punctual. She ensures to contribute and coordinate with her team when needed, while respecting the decisions of her colleagues and higher ups. She learns from her mistakes and gains knowledge from the works of her colleagues. While off the job, Hyejin spends time having fun with her family and friends, meeting new people or returning home to her family watching some horror films, reading crime books or taking a relaxing bath after a hard day.​
What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

In general, Hyejin likes to meet new people and she has a lot of respect for her co-workers. She looks up to them and gives them her undivided trust and loyalty while gaining knowledge that is useful to add up to her experience. She has the tendency to work well in groups with her partners, giving out ideas and coordinating with them to make out better teamwork and gain better results. Teamwork is important as it helps to build relationships and trust with co-workers. They get to know each other more and improve their communication which may benefit their performance at work. She believes that working as a team is important as it can lead to self-improvement. She can learn from her co-workers and apply the things she learned to herself so she can do her job more effectively. She admires her higher-ups and it makes her dedicated to work harder to do as well as them at their job.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I would say that I am more of a follower as I like to work together in a team and do whatever I can to help others by following instructions from another to the best of my ability, although if needed to, I wouldn't mind trying to take charge and being a leader. I just enjoy learning different things from others to improve my skills and flexibility on the task at hand. As a leader I would like to be someone that others can depend on and learn from.​
BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Shin Hyejin was born in Busan, South Korea in Dong-eui Medical Center on April 30th 1997. She lives with her father Shin Hyuntae, her mother Shin Eunji, her older brother Shin Hyunseok, and her two younger brothers Shin Kangmin and Shin Myungsoo. She studied at Busan International High School together with her three brothers. She took up the path of the science major during middle school having honors in both Chemistry and Psychology. At the age of 14, her older brother, Shin Hyunseok had been enlisted to the military to help protect the country. Hyejin had a close relationship with her brother as she waited for his return in 2 years time. However at the age of 15, a dreadful news came to the family that Shin Hyunseok was part of the 44 soldiers that died during the war with Vietnam in 2008. The family was devastated to hear about the death of the oldest to where Hyejin had lost motivation to move forward.

At the age of 17, Hyejin gained motivation and continued forward with her career to be a doctor that served in the military. She was dedicated to save a life whether or not there is a chance of survival. She was determined, focused and strong willed. Hyejin graduated with honors, stepping into college as a scholar. She moved to Karakura, Japan due to the high opportunity to learn advanced technology and medicine. During college, she did part time jobs in the hospital and was also recommended to do community service by helping out officers or the military. She served in the military as a community volunteer, helping victims or soldiers in need. After graduation in the year 2015, she applied as a teacher to teach basic Criminology and Forensics with applied psychology while she studies for her master’s degree for investigations. She continued gaining knowledge from her past experiences, her connections and her colleagues as she strives to help others in need. She dreams to be well known for her work and that people would rely on her more. Her work and her focus was dedicated to her older brother, giving her the motivation to move forward, save a family and to save a life.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE
Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
No, they are illegal, you cannot own a pocket knife legally.​
Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
1. Cough syrup​
2. A cane​
3. An eyepatch​
4. A band aid​
5. A surgical mask​
If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would use my radio to ask for back up and I should step in and tell them that it is wrong to do this, and ask them to step away from the inmate and if not I would pull them off myself. Whether or not they stop, I would report them to a higher-up.​
What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I saw my co-worker is being assaulted I would ask for back up on my radio just in case and then tell them to back up and face the wall and if they continue I would use my taser and search and detain the person assaulting the officer.​
What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I would try and gain evidence of them doing so and once I believe I have enough evidence I would refer this to my higher up so they could correct this matter.​
How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I'm unsure if this would just be a fine or an arrest, I would tell them that it is illegal to bribe a police officer and ask them to face the wall so I could search them and then I would detain them/I would ask them to pay the fine and if they refuse I will then arrest and detain.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread