nylu
nylu
Notable+
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
9/27/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I personally think that KPD shouldn't know all houses a character has perms to if a character hasn't ever been arrested and/or hasn't been issued a government-issued ID.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
I saw this situation a while back when someone was arrested for what I think was major weaponry and assault. Upon his arrest, the KPD was given a search warrant for my place. There wasn't any CCTV that could've led them to the place, the character didn't have an ID or any criminal record, and he didn't have admin perms to my place either. It was someone I had added a week or two before then. According to someone else on the government team, there was insufficient proof for my place to be searched as well

It's not that I minded that the place was searched! But, the person who got arrested asked that I make this forum in order to bring attention to it !!!!!!

Please let me know all of your opinions!

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
How do I respond to this in order to make sense? Purchasing a house/renting a place would require documents and police have access to said documents if necessary? So it makes sense for them to know where you’re living? I don’t know am neutral

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
When a character purchases a house/apartment, they essentially sign a lease ICly to rent that place, hence your address going into a system the government can view if they need to. That’s how KPD know who owns what apartment.

However I understand the suggestion is about searching someone else’s apartment for a crime that another player did. I believe if they do not tick any of the following boxes then KPD has no IC reasoning to search the place that isn’t theirs:

- CCTV Evidence
- No ID
- Not been fined
- Not been arrested
- Not been “snitched” on
- No witnesses/vouches

However the issue with that is players creating characters and intentionally not giving them IDs and hard avoiding police which to the server is a sense in AvoidRP. So I don’t see this getting implemented, at least anytime soon.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
How do I respond to this in order to make sense? Purchasing a house/renting a place would require documents and police have access to said documents if necessary? So it makes sense for them to know where you’re living? I don’t know am neutral
I get that! If it was my house, it would be totally understandable if I were arrested. But, that wasn't the case. I wasn't arrested. A friend of mine was who would have no documents for my house since they don't have any ownership of it.

Thanks for your feedback!

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
I get that! If it was my house, it would be totally understandable if I were arrested. But, that wasn't the case. I wasn't arrested. A friend of mine was who would have no documents for my house since they don't have any ownership of it.

Well in that case we’re pointing out a factor they might have walked by a CCTV cam that saw them walking down a specific path

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
When a character purchases a house/apartment, they essentially sign a lease ICly to rent that place, hence your address going into a system the government can view if they need to. That’s how KPD know who owns what apartment.

However I understand the suggestion is about searching someone else’s apartment for a crime that another player did. I believe if they do not tick any of the following boxes then KPD has no IC reasoning to search the place that isn’t theirs:

- CCTV Evidence
- No ID
- Not been fined
- Not been arrested
- Not been “snitched” on
- No witnesses/vouches

However the issue with that is players creating characters and intentionally not giving them IDs and hard avoiding police which to the server is a sense in AvoidRP. So I don’t see this getting implemented, at least anytime soon.
I should've specified someone else's apartment/house, that's on me!

Yeah, I get that people can avoidrp IDs in order to keep clean so maybe this would go for specifically other houses that aren't owned by the person arrested. I worded this completely wrong since logically they would have papers to your place if you bought it. The owner can be searched for it however I don't think it makes much sense that someone else's place gets searched with no proof whatsoever.

Maybe this wouldn't go for IDs but rather for if you've been arrested or not, who knows.

Thanks for your feedback, Infi!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Well in that case we’re pointing out a factor they might have walked by a CCTV cam that saw them walking down a specific path
In this specific situation, it was not possible because the house I currently own has no CCTV within 30 blocks. It wouldn't make sense that they looked at CCTV that was at least near the area to see a character walk down a path when there are multiple different houses and immediately know that "hey! out of the 10-20 houses here, I think this character went to specifically this one", you know?

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+

I mean, as stated above on this forum post, upon being arrest KPD have knowledge of your keys ICly, and purposely living in someone else's house & avoiding getting a government ID is essentially trying to loophole the current rule set so KPD doesn't find your weapons. I'd go further into the situation this feedback post has stemmed from & this shouldn't be dealt with as another rule OOCly. If you believe a property has been unfairly searched, then take the issue ICly by suing the KPD/ individual who issued the warrant.

I feel this post is still relating to a specific situation as opposed to an actual rule change to benefit other players. Before Government IDs became an actual thing, your character automatically had one & KPD had knowledge of keys & owned property(s) just because they don't have one at present shouldn't mean that to the Government that person has no record of existing/ any registration of former addresses.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

I mean, as stated above on this forum post, upon being arrest KPD have knowledge of your keys ICly, and purposely living in someone else's house & avoiding getting a government ID is essentially trying to loophole the current rule set so KPD doesn't find your weapons. I'd go further into the situation this feedback post has stemmed from & this shouldn't be dealt with as another rule OOCly. If you believe a property has been unfairly searched, then take the issue ICly by suing the KPD/ individual who issued the warrant.

I feel this post is still relating to a specific situation as opposed to an actual rule change to benefit other players. Before Government IDs became an actual thing, your character automatically had one & KPD had knowledge of keys & owned property(s) just because they don't have one at present shouldn't mean that to the Government that person has no record of existing/ any registration of former addresses.
For the reasons Infi listed above, I feel that just having keys wouldn't be enough proof to go search every single place that person has ever been given permission to especially since there can be situations where maybe the keys were given to a different character or that person hadn't logged on in a while and the owner hadn't removed them from the list of people with perms to the house.

Although this post has a situation that occurred before, this is specifically about a rule change to benefit other players to prevent situations like this from happening again in the future. In the case that this was accepted, the situation I mentioned wouldn't be voided or changed so that debunks that! If there are any further questions about the true intentions of this post, my dms are open!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Just an extra addition to the beginning of your post

There will and has been situations like this where the owner had their own weapons in their house. Then, someone they gave keys to once when they were chilling got arrested a week later. The owner is then getting their own things removed when they had nothing to do with it! That would simply defeat the purpose of anyone in the crime faction giving perms to anyone else in the crime faction. In my situation, I didn't lose anything because anything that was there came from a previous player who was banned, but not everyone will meet the same situation as me!

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Just an extra addition to the beginning of your post

There will and has been situations like this where the owner had their own weapons in their house. Then, someone they gave keys to once when they were chilling got arrested a week later. The owner is then getting their own things removed when they had nothing to do with it! That would simply defeat the purpose of anyone in the crime faction giving perms to anyone else in the crime faction. In my situation, I didn't lose anything because anything that was there came from a previous player who was banned, but not everyone will meet the same situation as me!
I don't feel a rule change is necessary, I'd rather propose being a little more careful who gets added to your apartment & who you're giving keys to ICly. If you're giving someone who's known to participate in crime & quite vicious ones at that, maybe take a second thought about giving them keys.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
All of this information would be available to the Police whether by warrant or by using their own database ICly

Users who are viewing this thread