Poseter

Level 12
Poseter
Poseter
Omega+
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

Kritiqual (Alt, but this is the one I'm applying for)
Poseter (Main)

What is your discord username?
.fvckyou.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am on SRP daily. I do a lot of teaching on my main account and haven't had a use for my alt. I'd love to have new experiences but teaching is still fun in many ways. I wanted to leave teaching for a long time but I think it was just my choice in a subject that made me want to leave, as well as the people who don't exactly fearrp correctly. But otherwise, most of the time I am on continuing lore and character development for my main! I have (on my main) 6 weeks and about 4 days worth of playtime. I do have school so during the weekdays my activity is slightly different but I'm basically on 24/7 during the weekends since I really don't have anything else to do. During the day, I get on and off but still have around 2-3 hours per play (session?). Knowing that, I've play around 2-6 hours a day during weekends. For weekdays, I am probably on around 2-3 hours a day due to schedule conflicts since the weekdays are usually the busiest for me. Also, since I am a student, I do get tired pretty quickly so I go to bed early which also plays a part in my playtime.
MONDAY
TUESDAY​
WEDNESDAY​
THURSDAY​
FRIDAY​
SATURDAY​
SUNDAY​
SCHOOL
My school lasts until 7 AM to 2:20 PM CST​
SCHOOL
SCHOOL
My school lasts until 7 AM to 2:20 PM CST and sometimes ends 1 hour early this day​
SCHOOL
SCHOOL
I am free all day during this day unless there is a holiday.​
I am free all day during this day unless there is a holiday.​
TIMES AVAILABLE:
2:40 PM-12 AM​
TIMES AVAILABLE:
TIMES AVAILABLE:
(1)2:40 PM-12 AM​
TIMES AVAILABLE:
TIMES AVAILABLE:
TIMES AVAILABLE:
11 AM PM-12 AM​
TIMES AVAILABLE:
11 AM PM-12 AM​

What is your timezone?:
CST!

List your current and past applications:
[Accepted]
Math Teacher
Korean Application 2
JSL Application

Mandarin Application

[Denied]
Art Teacher
Korean Application 1
Ban Appeal

[No response]
Shopkeeper Application

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I have been on SRP for about a year and a half. This has allowed me to gain tons of experience, especially with detailrp, which is very important when being a doctor. Earlier in RP, I had different ways of roleplaying and didn't understand the mechanics or what certain terms meant, and even so I am still learning, but I do have a vast majority of knowledge of the terms.

Before joining/trying SRP, I had already tried roleplaying Hypixel style. My initial "decent" into roleplay involved less exciting scenarios, and the idea of engaging in SRP didn't initially appeal to me (especially since at the time my computer could not run it for the life of me). However, upon joining SRP, I entered with absolutely no prior or proper experience in genuine roleplay. As I gradually familiarized myself with each command, term, and rule, I've reached a point where I can confidently claim a level of experience comparable to those who actually roleplay "professionally" in SRP. While there are still aspects and parts of the real world that I am unfamiliar with, I've been assured (by panda) that it shouldn't be a problem since they'd teach me anyway! While I wouldn't describe my vocabulary to be extraordinary (thanks thesaurus[website] for helping me with words), becoming familiar with specific terms has certainly contributed to me!

When it comes to detailRP, I've got a lot of hands-on experience. I can type rather fast, so you won't be waiting around for 15 minutes to find out you have a concussion. Yeah, if I don't know a term, I might need to look it up, but that's about the only time it takes me a bit longer to type out what I'm writing. I feel like if I know everything and give it a shot, I can figure out a solid way to do it. I might even tweak things a bit to match my own style and vibe, but I've learned a lot from others, and I'd say detailRP is one of my strongest skills.

To dial back to my second paragraph, SRP wasn't my first experience. Hypixel really introduced the majority of what I know even if it's not exactly SRP styled. It was much less detailed and much more typing of 'character says'. But to dial back even further, when I was much more younger I was roleplaying with friends in a downloaded map from PMC that had houses and a school. Although again the roleplays were quite different and not exactly what you would call a roleplay, they were still an introduction to me of how I needed to go about it. I used to like to control people (AS IN ROLEPLAY!!) but now that I know roleplay standards and powergaming, I no longer do my old roleplay styles and even teach others new ways of roleplay as well.

What is your motivation for applying
A few months back, I contemplated applying but hesitated, fearing the requirement knowledge of the medical field. However, upon learning that such knowledge wasn't a requirement and that the training would be provided, my concerns transformed into motivation to pursue this application! While I don't aspire to be a medical student outside the context of SRP, I am eager to explore diverse roleplaying opportunities, expanding my experience to later guide others. My enthusiasm for SRP is genuine! Admittedly, there might be some initial anxiety about delving into the unknown, but I am confident that with time, I'll acquire the necessary expertise[ding!!] to instruct/teach others on the details of this particular type of roleplay(medical). Teaching holds significant impact and importance to me both OOCly and ICly, as evidenced by my application to become a teacher, and assuming a medical ICly presents an opportunity for others to utilize my knowledge!!

Also, building on the previous question, it's noticeable that the details of medical roleplay often go unrecognized, particular the more detailed aspects. In contract to other roleplays that typically involve quick, one time interactions, trying to find the a proficient medical roleplayer can be challenging. What sets SRP apart is its focus on character-driven interactions, where the emphasis is not solely on the medical professional(in this case, the doctor/surgeon), but also on the individual's character. This approach not only contributes to a more immersive experience, but also strengthens character development while still moving away from potential conflicts and issues that may arise.

Which role are you applying for?
(Doctor or Psychiatrist):

I am applying for Doctor!

What knowledge do you have of Hospital Work?
No. . unless this question is asking about real-life situations. However, ICly, yes! The hospital faction and work are taken extremely seriously and have interactions all day every day. I am unfamiliar with the positions, but with my research as of writing this application, I've done my best to create the table below.
Hospital DirectorIf it resembles the head department at the school, I presume it serves as the same within the hospital faction. This role primarily handles administrative responsibilities for the faction. The director takes charge of promotions, particularly for individuals in elevated positions such as the head doctor or psychiatrist.
DoctorThe role of a doctor is inherently straightforward, mirroring real-world practices, where they aid and treat sick patients, addressing injuries as needed. Additionally, doctors have the authority to prescribe medications aligned with their medical treatment and expertise. Doctors can help with physical issues.
PsychiatristIn my experience, a psychiatrist plays a crucial role in diagnosing individuals, offering treatment, conducting therapy sessions, and, as previously mentioned, diagnosing those in need. Furthermore, they possess the authority to prescribe medication when deemed necessary. Psychiatrists help with mental issues but are unable to help with physical issues.

Like stated, I do not have any actual knowledge about real-life practices, but I do know somethings. Most of it is general knowledge, but because I need training and guidance, I only know a smaller portion than what most do. I also do know that they have radios just like teachers do! I am aware that they also have clipboards but I am unsure as to what they do.

Do you acknowledge that you’re subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted?
I acknowledge that I am subject to being demoted at any given time if accepted.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge that by applying for this role, I agree to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
I acknowledge that if training is held whilst I am online, I am expected to attend or I will be punished.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge that I am not to take things OOCly when dealing with training and situations.

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

"My name is Seok Chul."

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
"I am a male, I go by he/him and I prefer the title of Mr on documents, however, I do not mind which title anyone uses for me."

Character’s Age (if accepted):
"I am 36 years of age."

Character’s Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelor/Masters/PhD):

"I have a Masters degree in Medicine. I graduated from Sungkyunkwan University located in South Korea."

Character’s Nationality:
"I am Korean!"

Character’s Marital Status:
"I am single."

Character’s Religious Denomination:
"I am agnostic but I have no bias towards anyone who believes in anything."

Character’s Spoken Languages:
"I can speak my native language, Korean, as well as Japanese, Mandarin, and I can understand those who use JSL."

Backstory (100+ Words)
Seok Chul, hailing from South Korea, navigated a challenging adolescence marked by persistent bullying. Growing up in a demanding social environment, he faced adversity that left an indelible mark on his teenage years. Despite the hardships, Seok Chul found strength in resilience and emerged from these trials with a determination to rise above the past, shaping a compelling narrative of personal growth and overcoming adversity. He grew up with three family members, his little brother, Seok Min, his father, Seok Jung, and his mother, Cho Yoon. Unlike most people, Chul had a relatively good upbringing. His childhood years were his best, but he quickly overcame those years and marked his new self the moment he turned 18.

Seok Chul's childhood in South Korea was colored by a mix of familial warmth and the cultural richness of his surroundings. He was raised in a close-knit family and developed a strong bond with his parents and brother. His early years were marked by curiosity, fueled by the vibrant traditions and the dynamic atmosphere of South Korean life. He grew up in a bustling neighborhood and formed lasting friendships with his peers who shared his enthusiasm for the same exploration and play he had. His nature led him to discover a passion for storytelling and art, sparking an imaginative side that flourished in the supportive environment. As he progressed through elementary school, Seok Chul excelled academically and participated in various extracurricular activities. His carefree childhood laid the foundation for a positive outlook on life, as he embraced South Korea. At the age of 13, his journey took an unexpected turn. The onset of challenging circumstances would shape the subsequent years of his life, as he encountered the harsh realities of bullying that would test his resilience and fortitude. The once carefree spirit found himself grappling with the harsh realities of bullying, an ordeal that cast a shadow over his formative years. Despite the emotional toll, Seok Chul's close relationship with his only sibling, Seok Min, became a source of solace and strength during these trying times. The bond they shared served as a reminder of the importance of family in overcoming adversity.

Quickling entering the complexities of high school, Seok Chul discovered a passion for the medical field. Inspired by the healthcare professionals who helped him overcome the physical and emotional scars of bullying, he aspired to become a doctor himself. Seok Chul's resolve to make a positive impact on others' lives through medicine became a driving force as he dedicated himself to academic excellence. He had the thought of becoming one to help others in ways of therapy but knew that no matter what he did, the scars of their loss would only greatly impact them physically. Seok Chol Seok Chul focused on his studies, cultivating a deep understanding of the sciences. Despite the constant challenges he faced, his dream of becoming a doctor fueled his resilience. The unwavering support of his family, particularly Seok Min, and his tenacity paved the way for Seok Chul to emerge from adversity and pursue a path of healing and compassion in the field of medicine.

Embarking on a new chapter of his life at the age of 19, Seok Chul entered Sungkyunkwan University in South Korea, determined to fulfill his childhood aspiration of becoming a doctor. The transition to college marked a turning point, allowing Seok Chul to leave behind the shadows of his teenage years and embrace the academic and personal growth that awaited him. Studying diligently in pursuit of his goal, Seok Chul not only excelled academically but also emerged as a respected figure on campus. His leadership qualities and dedication to his studies earned him the position of head of the student body council at Sungkyunkwan University. This role not only showcased his academic prowess but also his ability to inspire and lead his peers. Throughout his college years, Seok Chul actively engaged in practical experiences, gaining hands-on knowledge and honing his skills in both medicine and leadership. The fulfillment of his academic journey, marked by the achievement of a master's degree in medicine, solidified Seok Chul's place not only in the medical field but also as a respected leader within the university community. His journey from a teenager grappling with adversity to a young adult earning a master's degree in medicine and leading the student body council highlighted not only academic achievement but also resilience, determination, and the ability to positively influence others in both his chosen profession and his role as a campus leader.

As Seok Chul stood on the stage during his graduation ceremony at Sungkyunkwan University, the culmination of years of hard work and perseverance felt like a surreal achievement. His family, beaming with pride, sat in the audience, eager to witness this significant milestone in his life. Seok Chul's eyes met those of his parents and younger brother, Seok Min, who had been a constant pillar of support throughout his journey. The applause from the crowd mingled with the overwhelming emotions in the air as Seok Chul received his master's degree in medicine. After the ceremony, amidst the sea of graduates and well-wishers, Seok Chul reunited with his family. His parents enveloped him in tight hugs, their eyes reflecting a mixture of joy and pride. Seok Min, though younger, stood tall with admiration for his elder brother's accomplishments. Over dinner that evening, the family celebrated not just Seok Chul's academic success but also the resilience that had brought him through his challenging teenage years. They reminisced about the journey—the late-night study sessions, the leadership responsibilities, and the unwavering determination that had propelled Seok Chul forward. As they raised their glasses in a toast, Seok Chul expressed his gratitude for his family's unwavering support. It was a moment of shared triumph, marking not only the end of one chapter but also the beginning of a promising career in medicine. Seok Min, inspired by his brother's accomplishments, couldn't help but dream of his future endeavors, fostering a sense of shared hope and ambition within the Seok family.

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?
(Ensure this is appropriate to the position you have chosen)

Seok Chul chose to specialize in pediatric medicine. His decision was deeply influenced by his own experiences during adolescence and the impact it had on his life. Having faced challenges and bullying during his teenage years, Seok Chul developed a profound empathy for young individuals who might be going through similar difficulties. Throughout his medical education and training, Seok Chul actively sought opportunities to work with children. He found immense fulfillment in helping them overcome health challenges, both physical and emotional. The resilience he displayed in overcoming his hardships fueled his desire to make a positive impact on the lives of young patients facing adversity. Seok Chul's focus on pediatric medicine reflects his commitment to providing compassionate care, mentorship, and support to children, drawing from his personal experiences to create a nurturing and understanding environment for his patients.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Following his completion of medical school and obtaining a master's degree in medicine, Seok Chul pursued a residency in Pediatrics to align with his chosen specialty. During this residency, he immersed himself in the field of pediatric medicine, gaining practical experience and honing his skills in caring for young patients. After completing his pediatric residency, Seok Chul decided to further enhance his expertise by undertaking a fellowship in Pediatric Psychiatry. This additional training allowed him to address not only the physical health of his young patients but also their mental and emotional well-being. Seok Chul's decision to diversify his training with a focus on Pediatric Psychiatry stemmed from his recognition of the interconnectedness of physical and mental health, particularly in the context of pediatric care. This dual specialization equipped him with a comprehensive skill set to address the holistic needs of children and adolescents, reflecting his dedication to providing well-rounded and compassionate medical care.

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Yes, during and after his medical training, Seok Chul gained valuable work experience in various medical positions. He initially worked as a pediatric resident, where he applied his knowledge and skills in the practical setting of caring for young patients under the supervision of experienced physicians. (Of course, this is BEFORE he moved to Karakura, Japan. He was still in Korea at this time.) Upon completing his residency, Seok Chul secured a position as a pediatrician, where he continued to develop his expertise in the field. His responsibilities included diagnosing and treating a range of pediatric health issues, providing preventive care, and offering guidance to parents on child health and development. Through these work experiences, Seok Chul not only contributed to the well-being of his patients but also continued to grow as a compassionate and skilled medical professional.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
No, Seok Chul has not pursued any additional schooling beyond obtaining his master's degree in medicine.

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Chul is a 33-year-old individual with a distinctive appearance that includes striking, almost white, extremely bright blonde hair that flows to his shoulders. His clear, blue eyes complement his fair and remarkably pale complexion, giving him an ethereal presence. Standing at an impressive 6'2", his tall stature adds to his commanding yet approachable demeanor. In terms of style, Chul has a preference for the green color scheme, reflecting his affinity for nature and perhaps a desire for balance. Whether it's a vibrant green shirt or subtle earthy tones, his wardrobe aligns with his natural and approachable persona. This choice in clothing may also subtly showcase his calm and collected demeanor. In essence, Seok's appearance and personality create a harmonious blend of uniqueness, approachability, and wisdom, making him a memorable and engaging individual in any setting.

How does your character act on and off duty?
Despite his unique features, Seok exudes a friendly and fun personality that immediately puts those around him at ease. His semi-long hair, falling gracefully to his shoulders, adds an element of charm to his overall look. Beyond his amiable nature, Seok carries an air of wisdom that reflects in his actions and conversations, suggesting a depth of experience and understanding.

[On duty]
On duty as a doctor, Seok Chul is a picture of professionalism. He approaches his responsibilities with a focused and dedicated demeanor. His interactions with patients are characterized by empathy, active listening, and a genuine commitment to providing the best possible care. Seok Chul is known for his calm and reassuring presence, particularly in critical situations, where his experience and medical expertise shine through. He communicates clearly with patients and their families, ensuring they understand their diagnoses and treatment plans. His on-duty persona is characterized by efficiency, precision, and a compassionate bedside manner.

[Off duty]
Outside of his doctor duties, Seok Chul enjoys quality time spent with his younger brother, Seok Min. Their bond is a cherished aspect of his off-duty life, and the two often engage in activities that strengthen their connection. Whether sharing a meal, exploring common interests, or simply relaxing together, Seok Chul's off-duty moments are defined by the warmth of family and the joy of companionship. Despite his towering height and serious profession, off duty, Seok Chul is known for his lightheartedness and sense of humor, creating an environment where laughter and shared experiences are valued. His wisdom and insight, though still present, are shared in a more casual and familial manner. Nature remains a common backdrop for their shared moments, offering both tranquility and an opportunity to deepen their bond.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Seok Chul is a versatile individual who excels in both solo and collaborative environments. In his professional role as a doctor, he demonstrates a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to make informed decisions independently. Simultaneously, his sociable nature and love for collaboration make him an effective team player, valuing diverse perspectives for holistic patient care.

Off duty, Seok Chul's preference for collaboration extends to spending time with his younger brother, Seok Min. Their shared moments, whether engaging in activities or simply enjoying each other's company, highlight Seok Chul's appreciation for the friendship and connection that comes with collaborative relationships. Whether solo or with others, Seok Chul adapts seamlessly to different environments, emphasizing a balanced approach to both personal and professional aspects of his life.

What plans does your character have for the future?
He aims to continue his work in pediatric medicine, aspiring to advance his expertise and potentially explore leadership roles within healthcare institutions. His commitment to improving pediatric healthcare remains unwavering, and he envisions contributing to research and initiatives that enhance the well-being of young patients. On a personal level, Seok Chul has a vision of fostering a supportive and nurturing family environment. He expresses a desire to create lasting memories with his brother, Seok Min, and potentially expand his own family. Striking a harmonious balance between career and personal life, Seok Chul plans to continue enjoying shared moments, whether through outdoor activities, travel, or simple gatherings at home.

In summary, Seok Chul's future plans encompass professional growth in pediatric medicine, cultivating meaningful relationships with his family, and actively participating in community-focused initiatives to make a positive difference in the lives of others.

How is your character perceived by others? How does it contrast with their perception of themself?
Seok Chul is generally perceived by others as a compassionate and skilled professional in the medical field. Colleagues appreciate his expertise, calm demeanor, and ability to connect with patients, making him a respected figure in the healthcare community. Patients, especially young ones, often find comfort in his reassuring presence and genuine care. His lightheartedness and sense of humor contribute to a positive atmosphere in social settings, making him easy to be around. Contrastingly, Seok Chul's own perception of himself might involve a more critical assessment, as individuals often tend to scrutinize their actions and capabilities. While he acknowledges his strengths and accomplishments, he may be more attuned to personal challenges and areas for improvement. In the case of his relationship with his brother Seok Min, Seok Chul is perceived as a role model and a supportive figure. Seok Min likely sees his older brother as a source of guidance, both professionally and personally. However, Seok Chul might downplay his influence, viewing their relationship as a mutual exchange of support and shared experiences rather than a one-sided mentorship.

Ultimately, the perception of Seok Chul by others is positive and appreciative, reflecting his genuine nature and professional competence. However, like many individuals, his self-perception may involve a more nuanced evaluation that considers both strengths and areas for personal growth.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, we have decided to deny this application due to the following reasons:

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend to pick players who have been on the server for a while and have a relatively clean history. One way to improve your reputation, and boost your chances of acceptance, is by applying to other factions/community teams.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - 6pancake - via discord, and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread