Lawyer Application 2.png

PLAYER INFORMATION

In-game Name:

CuddlyPandaLove
Faer025 (Applying on)

Discord Tag:
zodayic

Do you have a working microphone?:
I do have a working microphone, and I’m willing to join voice calls on mute when out and about if needed! I am also contactable via discord messages.

Timezone & Country:
EST (GMT-5) / EDT (GMT-4), Canada.

Links to any current & past applications (Spoiler them):

Describe your activity on the server:

Availability Table (EST)
Clock​
Monday​
Tuesday​
Wednesday​
Thursday​
Friday​
Saturday​
Sunday​
12 hour​
4:00pm to 12:30am​
4:00pm to 2:00am​
All day until 2:00am​
All day until 2:00am​
24 hour​
16:00 to 00:30​
16:00 to 02:00​
All day until 02:00​
All day until 02:00​

It is noted that these are the times I can physically enter the SRP minecraft server. Typically exceeding these amounts, I am reachable via discord messenger or possible voice calls.

I have played SRP for almost 2 years, dedicated to my activity and finding new opportunities to discover various aspects of the server itself.

Character Activity:
(Other than Yusaku Fukuyu (applicant))

[Grade-12] [HS-Swim] Fuyuka Tada (CuddlyPandaLove)
The majority of my SRP time is spent on this character besides Yusaku Fukuyu.

[Grade-12] Kaijin Sumisu (CuddlyPandaLove)
This character is very occasionally around.

Server Activity Rating:
8 / 10

I try my best to be on, especially recently. However, I do have occasional in real life activities which do interfere with a few hours of my life. Thus, I cannot rate myself perfection, yet I do well enough to rate myself adequately.

ೋღ ღೋ

APPLICATION INFORMATION

What position are you applying for?:

I am applying for a spot as Lawyer.

What is your motivation for applying?:

1. New Experiences & Community

As I’ve come to interact with many in my time on SRP, I’ve always strived for new learning opportunities where I can grow as a person and potentially meet a community where I can truly thrive. I’ve been on the SRP Highschool Swim team for 7 months now, October 20th 2023 being my acceptance date. This was an experience that allowed me to have a look into factions, and the responsibilities that come with even the non-adult ones. However, I’ve never been an adult in SRP or in a faction, and I desire to explore this field while sharing the experience with a community such as the government faction. I’d like to make friends and indulge in the work ethics of the Karakura Government.

2. General interest

I’ve been fascinated in reference to the government faction for a while, as I’ve attended various court cases that are often a thrill to observe. I’ve read each paragraph and truly it created a sense of admiration that I too wish to achieve and provide to others whom may consider the faction. I’ve also watched various criminal related videos online, strictly documenting interrogations or somewhat of the trial. Although this does not equate to anything grandiose, it does contribute to my overall understanding of legal terminology. Law has always been a point of interest in my real life, and it is something I’d love to explore on SRP.

3. Dedication

Research! When I apply to a position, I thoroughly enjoy and spend hours searching through sources and the internet to get a complete comprehensive grasp of the inner workings of a system. I put my best effort into each and every crafted work. Due to dedication to a job, I am able to adapt quickly and shift if the faction needs to do so in order to create a better space / reach a deadline in time. If accepted for this position, I can guarantee I will place my all into it.

Do you have an understanding of Karakura’s laws & Constitutional rights?:
Yes! I’ve thoroughly read and understand the laws & constitutional rights of Karakura and its citizens.

Are there any goals for you or your character with this role?:

Personal goals

The majority of my motivations are goals I see myself achieving as a lawyer in SRP, however, I would like to apply this knowledge in different aspects of my current life. I would also get the opportunity to continue to improve my conversational skills and use of terminology. It would aid my detailing and increase my current written literacy. I’m always up for a challenge, and a court case seems the way to do it! Critical thinking placed to the test, and a group of coworkers who support one another. I’d also like to create an impact on SRP as a whole. The government is responsible for keeping the population safe via the justice system or other legal documents. I’d enjoy being the one to provide them with a service that would help those in need. I believe some of my experiences allow me to be adequate enough to enter such a revered faction. I want to help in any form I can.

My Character & The Government Faction

My character Yusaku has large in-depth lore that provides him with this urgent sense of protection and safety that he would love to offer in a faction for Karakura. His inspirations come from deep rooted scenarios that tug on his heartstrings in a negative way. Thus, he is bound to desire a change. I’ve always imagined that he would pursue an occupation as a lawyer, often more refined and detail oriented to ensure his best effort is placed into anything he desires to achieve. This follows along with his aspiration to be a lawyer, and to provide some form of justice for those who struggle through the legal system. Overall he would enjoy a community where he can thrive and solidify a positive presence in even the dimmest of circumstances, following the path that displays the truth. His reinforced morals outshine even the darkest situations, and he would be a great fit for the position that pursues his passions.

In your own words, describe what the position you’re applying for does within the government:

SRP expectations

A lawyer in SRP has 5 main tasks that are key to their workplace position. The main expectation is that Lawyers work at the front desk in town hall, filing things such as restraining orders against other individuals whom may pose an inherent threat to the one filing. A form of protection, officially recognizing the document as accepted by the government. Lawyers are required to make appearances at court cases, whether participating in the trial or merely watching to support coworkers in their honourable endeavours. Similar to real life, lawyers must answer calls for attorney and prepare client meetings for follow up strategy and evidence collection in reference to the client’s side of a disagreement. This should be approached with an impartial attitude as to not be effected by any possible personal bias.

An example of lawyers working with clients would be in the case of a lawsuit where a plaintiff files a claim against the defendant. It matters not what side a lawyer is on, that attorney must argue for their client and strengthen the reliability of the client’s case backed by evidence and persuasive reasonable language & terminology. This could be proving the innocence of a defendant, or attempting to prove the defendant is guilty via the prosecutors angle. The primary goal is winning the case using conversational tactics mixed with evidential pieces.

Lawyers strive to garner the truth and display this verdict clearly in every trial, ultimately capturing justice and maintaining it for the greater good of the entire town.

Within IRL Government

Following and in addition to SRP tasks, lawyers are professional legal advisors that are often seen representing clients in court cases or providing guidance throughout the legal system. These clients can consist of individuals or a representation of an entire company or organization, frequently advocating and ensuring the safety of their human rights. In real life, lawyers handle the legal part of a case and argue their client’s point in order to attempt to win the case for the person who hired them. However, they also take part in regular legal opinions, mediation, negotiation, contracts and wills.

Lawyers may draft court documents in reference to pleadings, this legal document stating the intentions that the selected side has within said proceeding. A few examples include a complaint, counterclaim, plea, etc. A complaint is important to a lawsuit due to it being the sole purpose for the beginning of a trial. It is the plaintiff’s end. Whereas a defendant may file an “answer” in response to the complaint before deciding whether to file a counterclaim on the basis that damage was done in return to the defendant’s life in any manner. Pleas are the following; Guilty, Not Guilty or occasionally No Contest. Lawyers may assess the pleas of their client and advise based upon the best legal judgement in favour of their client’s case. There are various other documentations lawyers are allowed to write and/or provide insight upon to better the system and represent the people.

Closing

The tasks may differ depending on the area of expertise the lawyer in question decides to follow. The objective is relatively the same; reach client’s expectations and goals whilst remaining in a form of professionalism that protects the confidentiality and constitutional rights of the client. Evaluate the best course of action utilizing in-depth research to approach at an angle with the most insight, both positive and negative.

Do you acknowledge that upon being accepted you can be subject to removal at any given time?:
Indeed. I acknowledge this as a possibility, and respect any decision made.

Do you understand that you’re expected to be dedicated to your position upon being accepted?:
Yes, I am aware that this position takes effort and time. I willingly accept the responsibility.

Are you aware that any display of OOC bias toward anyone on the job will result in punishment?:
Of course, this is a reasonable rule that I value along with every other.

Have you read & agreed to follow the Government Faction rules?:
Yes! I acknowledge, accept and respect all Government Faction rules.

Are you able to attend weekly meetings & events?:
I am able to attend weekly events and meetings, having quite a lot of free time.

ೋღ ღೋ

IN CHARACTER SECTION

Letter png.png

Cover Letter Yusaku.png

Yusaku Fukuyu Walk.pngPoint Yusaku Fukuyu.png

Full name:
“Hello! Pleasure to meet you, my name is Yusaku Fukuyu.”

Preferred title (Mr., Mrs., etc.):
“I’d like to be called Mr. Fukuyu, however, Mx. Fukuyu can be used interchangeably. If you’re a coworker, first name or surname without honourifics is appreciated! Of course, this is strictly outside of work for the sake of professionalism and proper respect.”

Current age:
“I’m currently 29, turning 30.”

Date of birth:
“I was born on November 23rd, 1994.”

“I am biologically male, and cisgender. However, feel free to use He or They pronouns when addressing me!”

Academic Record & Degree:
“My academic record consists of a Highschool Diploma equivalent from Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China. I also have a history with tertiary education such as; the University of New York Bachelor of Law & Master of Laws in Dispute Resolution Studies. I graduated early, entering a law school following the acceptance of my admission. This was to deepen my already extensive understanding, engraving the material into my intellect.”

Major(s):
English (Bachelor’s)
Criminal Justice (Master’s)

Minor(s):
History (Bachelor’s)
Philosophy (Master’s)

Work experience:
“For a short duration of time, I volunteered in a program to help youth with their dancing skills. This was during the time between my Highschool to University transition. The experience provides evidence of my communication skills in reference to my ability to speak to the youth coherently and without any conflict. It demonstrates my ability to effectively provide assistance and advice in fields I take interest in, allowing for an enriched experience that efficiently raises performance levels.”

Nationality & born location:
“I am of Japanese and Chinese descent, born in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan.”

Fluent languages (Underline your native):
“I can speak three languages, my native being Japanese. I learned Chinese (Mandarin) on a fluent level and am well versed in English.”

Criminal record:
“As clean as can be. Perfect for the record, a blank page on the books.”

What makes you a good candidate for this job?

“A hardworking young individual like myself strides forward with confidence in the passion they want to pursue. Although I am fresh out of education, the world is my oyster and demonstrating I can be the right fit for a Karakura Lawyer would be my absolute dream. My confidence may be sky high, but never enough to neglect learning opportunities, instructions and the finite detailing amongst a heap of paperwork. I work meticulously in order to provide a fair trial to those in need, and desire to operate to the best of my capabilities when entering the highly regarded government workforce of Karakura. Being around the government population will allow me to grow as a person, experience the opportunities I have worked my entire life towards and make contact with inspiring people who could alter the lives of so many in pleasant impactful ways. They can guide me through the ins and outs of their specific system, all while I’m attentive. We can collaboratively make this world, a better place.”

“My linguistics plays a suitable role for a lawyer. Although the majority of Karakura speaks Japanese, my native, Mandarin is also the largest widespread international language across the world. There are roughly 885 million people who use Mandarin day to day. As I am fluent in the language, it would be handy to communicate with efficiency by the increasing odds someone may speak this solely as an immigrant to Karakura, or otherwise. It would aid thoroughly, a higher percentage of the average population perhaps creating a secondary home to the similar languages. Merely a bonus to my resume.”

“The skills I’ve garnered combined with my academic expertise is what makes me an exceptional candidate for the position of Lawyer! From being a conversationalist, critical thinker and ****yst to an empathetic yet unbiased party who works for the purpose of providing aid to a client no matter any personal reasons. Meticulously and careful, I am open to learning even more about the field I admire. My attentiveness, organization and adaptability create a suitable lawyer, and all these together are reasons I’m qualified for the task at hand. I know you’ll see it too!”

“In general, I’m content this interview occurred. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, and I hope to hear from you once more.”

ೋღ ღೋ

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

In case you could not read the letter;

Letter in Full

May 29th 2024
Dear Mayor Annabell Strum.

Ohayou gozaimasu (Good morning), my name is Yusaku Fukuyu and I’m a diligent young aspiring Lawyer. I have learned of the lawyer position opening after a job posting was listed publicly. This enticed my passion, and therefore I could not miss the opportunity to write in an application for the spot. Ever since I was a mere child, my fascination for the rights of others blossomed. Inspiration took a hold of me when a friend of mine faced discrimination and defamation. Having to watch a citizen deal with this commotion blindly was heart wrenching, and I truly desire to provide clarity for all utilizing the lawyer occupation.

I have a history in exceptional written communication and language skills. My performance is demonstrated through my commitment to my courses and linguistics schooling, as well as academic achievements. I have written countless documents in reference to legal studies, and have above average marks in the field. Beyond this, I have aided prior classmates by discussing the terminology. Soon after they no longer utilized my help to read the entire page, and more, worth.

Conflict resolution via communication is a highlight of my soft skills. I have defused situations with my prior friends by explaining each person’s perspective while remaining a neutral unbiased party. As a result, the conflict lifted and remedied. Due to my ability to adapt and withstand, I am able to collaboratively work with coworkers, team members and clients to resolve any issue ahead. My organization is immaculate, as I keep all my papers uniform and in separate labeled folders. I am persistent, but not indefatigable to the point of annoyance or arrogance towards a client or court official.

I am appreciative of the time taken to review my application, Xièxie nín (Thank you). You will not regret choosing me as a lawyer.

Thanks!
I would just like to say thank you for taking the time out of your life to read my application! Have a nice day, night or in between <3​

Last edited:

Aania

Level 177
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the Higher Ups of the faction, we've decided to accept you:

Please contact me over discord @Aania to start the process and get you set!

Welcome to the Government Faction :D​

Users who are viewing this thread