mustardbelly

Do you have discord?:
(If so, what is your username): dove#9923

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes

List your timezone and country:
US, EST (GMT-5)

How active are you on the server?:
I usually log on at least every day or every other day for a good 2-5 hours at a time.

Trials as well as mock trials are time consuming, from what I have heard.. therefore I have no issue staying on the server for longer than I usually do if needed.

As of recently (the past two weeks), I have been a bit inactive.. I will not lie. Writer’s block is killer, but hearing about this open spot has given me a whole lot of motivation, as I already have a character I believe could really fit the part of a lawyer.
If given the opportunity to be a part of the government faction(?) I am more than sure activity will not be a problem!

Do you have any previous bans? (If so, link your appeals): I have been banned around four times. Three of which were permanent. I unfortunately cannot link my ban appeals because my forums account was wiped, although I've filled out two and they were both accepted (obviously!) They were all quite a long time ago (estimate would be from 2017-2018?), so I don’t know the specific reasons as to why.. though I do know that they all centered around “Toxicity.” Given that I was twelve or thirteen at the time of those bans, I think it is self explanatory as to why those were placed! My most recent ban was roughly a good year ago for trolling. Context is that I did not change my in-character roleplay from “Mr. Peanutbutter” to something more roleplay appropriate. Ever since that occurrence where WiffyBanter, at the time, decided to ban me from the server for a second time, I had sworn to never do something as treacherous as to put a prefix in front and “peanut butter” as a surname ever again. I can say with confidence that I have matured greatly since those four occurrences.

Link any past applications below:
N/A

Out of Character | Morals & ideas

What position are you applying for?:
Lawyer

What is your motivation for applying?:
Participating in trials, roleplay aspects, and helping out a friend of mine already in this faction! When I heard two spots were open, I thought it would be a great opportunity and I figured I’d apply for those reasons.

Are you aware that you cannot discriminate against others in character or deny
service due to race, gender, sexual orientation, appearance, etc?:
Yes.

What qualities prove you suitable for this role?:
I believe that I have a good sense of organization, as structure is a big part of my life and it is applicable to even something like SchoolRP. I view these kinds of positions/factions, and this one in specific as a collaborative writing project that I would really like to be a part of and contribute to with the skill-set of creative writing that I have, as well as working with other people. For example, I managed the Student Council (Highschool) for a good while, and I believe the individual work I did there (with some help, of course) is a good model of what I mean. I seriously appreciate loosely planned out kind-of-boxed-in type roleplay if that makes any sense; a serious in-character setting, which is what I think this role would grant me. I feel like I’d not only accomplish the basic requirements of what this role entails, I’d also try to make whatever I put forth as immersive and fun as I can. Big rules and such are taken into consideration, of course. I am well aware that what a high-school student council president does is incomparable to what a lawyer would do, I just think it is a good thing to mention as my work back then can and WILL reflect in present time.

Are you aware of the rules each person must follow?:
I am aware!

Are you familiar with the laws of Karakura?:
Yes. I have a basic understanding of these in-character laws, especially as of now.

Do you have a good understanding of this position?:
Yes.

Summarize what your position does:
Lawyers are to advise and represent their clients, businesses, and other government agencies on stark legal issues and disputes. They act as both advocates and advisors; and as advocates, they represent one of the parties in a criminal or civil trial by presenting evidence and arguing on their behalf in support of their client. As advisors, lawyers counsel their clients about their own legal rights and obligations and suggest potential courses of action in business as well as personal matters. Attorneys and/or Lawyers are required to research the intent of laws and judicial decisions in order to apply the laws to the specific circumstances that their clients will potentially face.

There are different titles that lawyers may take (family lawyers, environmental lawyers, etc), though there is a universal code-of-conduct among all of them which entails the following:

-
Communicating with their clients, colleagues, judges and anyone else directly involved in private legal matters.
- Conduct extensive research and ****yze a legal problem(s).
- Interpret laws, rulings, as well as regulations for individuals and businesses.
- Present facts in such ways as writing and verbally to their clients, others; argue on behalf
of their clients, directly.
- Prepare and file legal documents, such as lawsuits, appeals, wills, contracts, and deeds.

In Character | Questionnaire
(Pretend that it is as if your character is filling this out, not yourself)

Full Name:
Andres Ojeda

Preferred name & Title:
Ojeda

Current age? (25+):

Past job experiences?:
Political advisor, Private Investigator, Paralegal.

How would you describe yourself?:
I am an ambitious and disciplined individual. Habitual goals are something I’ve grown accustomed to in my careers and/or roles before.. which have proven successful- As in all of my previous roles in terms of work, I had been promoted three times in under two years; most notably my time spent as a paralegal for a variety of lawyers over the course of a decade. The ins-and-outs of the justice system isn’t anything I’m not already accustomed to. Settling is not something I’m comfortable with, as I always look for an opportunity to think bigger and strive for greatness.

What plans do you have for the town?:
Helping out those of whom are in need of an advocate as well as giving them an equal opportunity to win a case.

What jobs will you execute with this position?:
This occupation will most importantly warrant me to attend court proceedings alongside my client or defendant under a court of law. I will represent my client; a citizen, advocating on their behalf when faced with injustice. As a lawyer, I am required to present facts verbally to my clients as well as argue on their behalf, accordingly. The latter part will include preparing as well as filing legal documents and working on simple paperwork given when needed.

Do you practice any sort of religion?:
N/A

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list your crimes:
N/A

Nationality & Born location:
American, USA

Fluent languages: (Underline your native):
English, Spanish, Japanese.

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich
ACCEPTED

Congratulations on being accepted for your role of choice. Upon seeing this, be sure to join the Town Discord & ping Pros#1396 within the help channel to receive your roles & tags

Users who are viewing this thread