mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Lemon's EMS worker application (My main account is Peanut)

Lemondrop__

Level 2
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

__Lemondrop

Previous bans:

None

Describe your activity on the server?:

I would describe myself as very active, about an 8/10. I join the server and roleplay for an average of 3 hours a day, however there are days where I am on longer than that. Occasionally, I might take a day off, but for the most part I am highly active in the community.

Which timezone are you in?:

I am in the CST time zone.

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:

My discord is Peanut#4270

Do you have a microphone?:

Yes, I have a working microphone that I can speak with.

List your current and past applications:

My only other applications I have done are language ones, specifically for Russian, Latin, and French. I currently have a Russian and Spanish application out, but by the time this is checked they may have been accepted/denied.

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:

A lot. I have detailrped for combat, casual situations, jobrp and even for EMS/PD on a separate server. I am also interested in creative writing, so I have written a lot of short stories and done a lot of writing warmups that help with detailrp. I would consider myself very experienced.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:

I have quite the list of motivations to join EMS, and I’d say I have quite the skill set to bring to the team. My highest motivation being that I am interested in medicine in real life, and am currently studying for a nursing degree. Because of this, I am very interested in medical roleplay, especially detailrping treatments and seeing the many different cases that come into the hospital. I can apply some of my own knowledge to the situations, and hopefully when I begin training I can learn different ways to treat patients in game. Another reason I would like to apply for EMS is because it provides a different roleplay setting. Instead of being a student or being active in a gang, I am able to help and treat others when they come in with major or minor injuries. Lastly, I would like to join EMS because I have some friends that are already doctors, and the people I have interacted with seem to provide exceptional roleplay. I am interested in working with the EMS team, as they seem very friendly and I believe I would make a good addition to the team.

When it comes to benefiting the EMS team, I bring a good set of soft skills to the table. Most importantly, I have exceptional communication and teamwork. During many crisis scenarios, mass trauma events, or even just everyday surgeries, communicating with your patients and coworkers is extremely important. This is something I am very capable of. My other skills include my ability to resolve conflicts, confidence in my work abilities (though, not overconfidence), exceptional time management, flexibility, adaptability, and assertiveness. To keep it simple, with any situation I am participating in, I will provide a reliable teammate who can work through even the most complex problems. I also work well under stress, and I can take charge if any high stress event leaves others unable to perform.

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):

I am applying to be a surgeon.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:

There is a lot to know about surgeons, both how they function in SRP, and how they function in real life. In both real life and srp, surgeons are medical practitioners that specialize in diagnosing, and treating injuries or illnesses that may require surgery. Surgeons do most of their work in an operating room, aided by other surgeons/leading a team of surgical technicians and anesthesiologists (However, in SRP, most surgeries are performed alone in an operating room, and some injuries are treated in the field). Though I believe most SRP surgeons would be classified as trauma/general surgeons, in real life there are many different specialties pertaining to specific organs that surgeons can study (Cardiac surgeons, Neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, etc.). Because surgeons cannot afford to make mistakes while working, they undergo intensive training under board certified surgeons. To note, surgeons can prescribe medication.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

The many different functions in EMS include the director, clinical leads, head of departments, attendings, surgeons, psychiatrists, doctors, and trainees. Below, I will be explaining each function in an ascending order of power, starting with trainees.

Trainees: New hospital workers fall into the trainee category, whether they are training to be a psychiatrist, doctor, or surgeon. As the title suggests, they are in training and not yet certified. These members of the hospital will be trained by surgeons, attendings, and higher staff until they are familiar with the hospital's protocols, regulations, etc. They will then be ranked up or demoted according to their performance.

Surgeons: As stated above, surgeons are medical practitioners that specialize in surgery. After training is completed, the trainee will become a certified surgeon, though they will still practice under and take orders from attendings, head of departments, and clinical leads. This would be considered the entree level for a surgeon, with room to grow and climb the ranks. These kinds of surgeons are on the same level as psychiatrists and doctors, and would be considered interns/residents at this level.

Psychiatrists: Psychiatrists are medical professionals who study, diagnose, and treat mental health disorders. Within the hospital, they are not qualified to treat injuries or perform any major medical procedures like a doctor or surgeon. At the very beginning of a psychiatrist career, just like surgeons at this level, they practice under and take orders from higher up attendings, clinical leads, etc.

Doctors: Doctors are medical professionals that assess your health, treat minor and some major injuries (They do not perform surgery), prescribe medications, and possibly refer patients to consult a psychiatrist. Doctors at this level, like the two listed above, follow under attendings and other higher ups.

Attendings: Attendings are surgeons that have completed their residency training, and are eligible to practice independently in their particular field. Attendings manage, train, and observe any interns or residents that are under their jurisdiction.

Head of departments: Department heads are appointed by the medical lead to administrate a certain field (Surgeons, psychiatrist, doctors). The function of the department head is to maintain, coordinate, observe, and record whichever field they are in charge of. They serve as lower level administration, reporting back to the clinical leads and hospital director on their specific department’s work. They also manage the attendings in their field.

Clinical leads: Clinical leads are a step above the head of departments, though they serve a similar function. While the head of a department will manage things before a clinical lead does, clinical leads can step in at any time and coordinate the specific department. They oversee whichever department they are leading and report back to the medical director if anything is amiss.

Medical director: The medical director is the highest in the hospital hierarchy. The director creates the hospital's regulations and protocols, oversees the clinical leads and head of departments, and is responsible for the overall regulation of the hospital's medical care. This position is the top of the chain, and thus they are responsible for how the hospital operates.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I acknowledge that I may be demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?

I fully understand and I am ready to commit myself to the role.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?

I acknowledge this and intend to participate in as many trainings as I am available for.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?

I acknowledge that I will not take anything OOCLY when it comes to training or potential situations.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Damon is an average size male, with blue eyes and a lanky frame. There are quite a few things that make him unique both personality and appearance wise. His most distinguishing physical features are his dark purple hair, and his bluish red eyes. Damon was born into a family with a long history of albinism, so when his hair begins to grow out the roots are white, and his eyes have a reddish tint due to the lack of melanin. It is also notable that he unconsciously switches between a Russian or Hispanic accent depending on who he is talking to or depending on his mood. Personality wise, Damon is mostly normal, but he has a dry sense of humor that makes others wonder if he’s serious.

What are they like on and off the job?

On the job, Damon maintains a very professional and strict attitude, though he makes it a point to remain kind to his patients and his coworkers. He takes his job seriously, and he cares for the people he works with and the people he treats. This reflects onto his behavior, making him a suitable and professional employee.

Off the job, Damon’s behavior is very similar, though he tends to be a lot more relaxed. He’s very quiet when he is not speaking to his family or close friends, but when he is around them, he feels comfortable enough to joke around, though his humor is a bit dry. He is also a bit of a family man, spending time with his relatives and aspiring to start a family in the near future.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?

Damon views his fellow employees positively, considering them all functioning members of a team who are all working towards a common goal. He believes that every part, or person, in the team has a responsibility to both themselves and their coworkers. If one part of the team falters, the others should take over, making sure they compensate for their missing teammate, or keep another employee acting inappropriately in check. Even with this view, though, Damon keeps himself out of his coworkers personal lives. He believes that personal drama can interfere with his work, so while he is on the job, he keeps anything personal out of it.

Damon’s biggest goal for the future is to return home to his family in Seoul, working at his family’s hospital, or eventually running it. He wants to join Karakura’s hospital in order to gain work experience, spending 5 or more years learning and growing. He wishes to intricately study medicine, learning from his fellow surgeons, as well as from doctors and psychiatrists. When he returns home, he wants to be a well-established man who can start a family and pick up his family legacy. Other than that, he simply wants to provide for his family, both close and extended. Though he grew up well off, many of his cousins suffered in poverty, and he wants to provide a better life for them and their children when he returns home.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?

None, Damon has never been diagnosed or even suspect of a mental illness. When he was a child, he had small bouts of anxiety, but nothing more than that.

BACKSTORY
(Make sure this biography/lore has 100+ words.)

Damon Archer Kaldwin was born to Ayvin Underville Semenov in Seoul, Korea. He was raised and stayed in Seoul with his twin Kal Archer Semenov. His upbringing was, for the most part, ordinary. Damon’s mother was an officer, and his father worked in EMS, so he either stayed at the hospital [Family owned and ran] or the police station. From his early childhood, he was taught self-defense and basic medical knowledge. His mother encouraged him and his twin to join law enforcement, but Damon took an interest in studying medicine. He spent most days with his father, following him around the hospital and observing him as he worked. When Damon entered high school, he took on a formal internship under the watch of his father and a family friend. He learned a fair amount of basic medical knowledge, along with a few advanced skills and techniques. After his initial internship, Damon stopped working diligently for a while. He got into typical high school trouble, drinking, smoking, partying, sneaking out. To straighten him out, his mother brought him on some of her law enforcement work. After doing odd jobs around the police station and taking an internship there, Damon started getting his life back together. He quit his rebellious teenage antics, but he did not return to medicine for a while. Damon wanted to focus on his family, which he believed he had neglected due to pursuing medicine so fervently. He spent more time with his mother, his father, his uncle Akio, his cousin Takida, his cousin Sae, his cousin Mochi, his uncle Karven, and the many other family members he had in Seoul. He became tight knit in his family, and though he was content staying in Seoul for college, his family urged him to move somewhere with a better medical school. For his remaining high school years, Damon worked many part-time jobs around the city, saving up money for when he finally decided where he wanted to go to college. Though he was supposed to move in his senior year, a tragic accident left his entire family shaken. His twin brother, Kal, had gotten into a bad car accident with his girlfriend. Kal’s girlfriend unfortunately passed, and Kal was left in a comatose state. Damon opted to stay behind, supporting his brother, spending time with his family and working more hours while he took college classes online. Thankfully, after a few months in the hospital and a lot of family support, Kal made a full recovery. Damon helped Kal regain a lot of his former vigor and passion. Eventually, though Damon attempted to persuade Kal to study medicine alongside him, Kal chose to train for law enforcement. When Kal was stable and started his cadet training, Damon informed his mother and father that he would soon be leaving to Karakura, Japan to meet up with his cousins Takida and Kae. After a year of preparing and after seeing his brother graduate from cadet training, Damon said a tearful goodbye to his family in Seoul before he left for Karakura. Landing in Karakura at the ripe age of 23, Damon’s passion for medicine renewed. Stepping through the large gates of the school, Damon knew he would spend the next few years passionately studying so that he could succeed in finding a job as a surgeon. His ultimate goal, though, was to return home and run the Seoul hospital. During his academic career, Damon studied for a major in biology, a major in human physiology, a minor in psychology, and a minor in business. Damon studied medicine for 8 years, receiving a masters. He went home for 4 months after graduating from college, meeting up with his family and old friends. Once he prepared himself to go back to Karakura, he legally changed his last name to Kaldwin, signifying what he considered his rebirth into an adult.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:

Damon Archer Kaldwin

Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):

Mr.

Characters Given Name(s):

Damon/Archer

Characters Preferred Name:

He is known as Damon/Archer to his friends, but he prefers Mr. Kaldwin on duty

Characters Age:

Characters Gender:

Male

Characters Religious Domination:

Agnostic

Characters Marital Status:

Single

Characters Nationality:

Puerto Rican/Russian

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

2 years

Working Experience(s):

Small time jobs around Seoul, Korea, and an internship there as well.

Academic Degree:

Master of Health Science

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Damon has a major in Human Physiology and Biology

Minor(s):

Damon has a minor in psychology and business.

Native Languages:

Damon's native languages are Spanish and Russian

Other Languages:

Damon is working on learning JSL

Escuzme

Level 193
Escuzme
Escuzme
Omega
We appreciate you taking the time to apply, and we hope you're glad to hear your application has been accepted!
Refer to the Emergency discord upon seeing this.​

Users who are viewing this thread