cryybaby._

Level 4

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Gl1ky

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): msvzt#2122

How old are you? (Optional): 16

What is your time zone?: EST

Describe your activity on the server: My activity on SRP is very high. Every day for at least an hour or two I get on the server and play. I am active within the community, tailoring, applying for languages, joining and hosting classes when I can. Being on a team and joining practices almost every time they're hosted. I have a lot of free time, and even when I have school I have so much time afterwards to play and do what I find most enjoyable nowadays. If I had to rate my activity I'd give it a 9/10. Because even if I am on quite frequently, I have days where I don't feel like it and get massive rp blocks. Regardless, I love the server and have spent a lot of time playing!

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): No, I haven’t.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

The job of a librarian is not hard to understand, though the job itself isn't necessarily easy. One of the main jobs for a librarian to do is assist students with finding the right book for them in the not so wide variety. The books are sorted into genres, educational, fiction, and non-fiction.

In order to get a book, a student must have a library card, which brings us to our next job for a librarian. Giving students library cards if they don't already have one. The process is quite simple. The student gives the librarian their name and grade then pays the 2.000 ¥ fee. The librarian then gives them a card with the correct information.

These books need keeping track of, which is the next job. Librarians are in charge of keeping track of what books are being borrowed and which aren't. They are in charge of keeping track of how long a student has had a book and when they need to return it. These books are under the care of the librarian while they are not being borrowed.

Like every faculty member, a librarian also watches over students and ensures they're following the rules while on school grounds. They are there to make sure students watch their language, stop fights, and help students with questions. They take part in helping in detention as well. However, during school hours, the librarian stays up in the library except for during break times.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

In SRP, I have had a lot of roleplay experience. My current characters are on a team and a teacher. These things bring lots of opportunities. For example, being on a team brings lots of interaction between team members and other sports teams. Bobcat events bring lots of RP experiences and fun situations. Being a teacher brings so much as well. Having to create a lesson, teach it to students while entertaining and having them interact. Reprimanding and helping students with things like small injuries when the nurse isn't around, separating fighting students, and much more interaction with other faculty members.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Language Applications:

Faction Applications:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

[Grade-12][Basketball-Team]
[Teacher]

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Estrella would be sat at the front of the library inside the closed off area that librarians usually sat at. In front of her was a student cursing and insulting her. Estrella is a grown woman, a 28 year old woman who doesn't feel too affected by a random child insulting her. Her response would be mature.``Watch your language. That tone is not allowed here." The student disregards her statement and continues with the insults and bad language.``Didn't I just tell you to watch your language? This is your 2nd warning. That tone is not allowed here." Again, it's disregarded and the disrespectful student continues with their vulgar language and disrespect towards Estrella. "If something rude leaves your mouth one more time you'll be sitting in detention after school. Do you understand?" Finally, the student heeds her warnings and stops. Still having a slightly disrespectful tone, while saying whatever and walking out of the library.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Estrella approaches the noticeably violent students and runs towards them shouting for the two to stop. She attempts to pull them apart and stands between them (she succeeds for the sake of this)."What is going on here?!" she asks the students, seeing one bleeding from their nose and the other on the mouth. They explained that the other was talking bad in front of them and so he punched him now they're where they are now. "Under no circumstances are you allowed to injure another person on school grounds. Both of you cut it out." She proceeds to use the radio to give the nurses a heads up about the two students. "You'll both be having detention after school. Now come on. Let's get you two to the nurse's office."

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Estrella sees a faculty member interacting with a student, their conversation could be heard from where she was standing and cursing could be heard coming from that faculty member. A confused expression appeared on Estrella’s face as she approached them. "Sorry to interrupt but are you cursing at this student?" The faculty member confirmed her suspicions as they explained their reasoning. "I understand the student did something that isn't allowed, however you're an adult and a member of the faculty. I'm sure you're well aware that we cannot use that language with students." The employee was visibly annoyed at Estrella reprimanding them like they're a student. "I'll be reporting you to SLT. That was completely inappropriate." She was visibly disappointed in the coworker and apologized to the student.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Estrella stepped into the break room, looking around at the fellow faculty members holding coffee in their hands and conversating. She gave those who glanced at her a warm smile and a small ‘hello.’ She was always polite but wasn’t always the most talkative. Estrella headed to the coffee machine and grabbed herself a warm cup of caffeine to prepare herself for the day. Familiar faces, fellow librarians, would be sitting at the counter in the break room where Estrella found herself standing in front of. She greets the two librarians, one being male and the other female, who greeted her back. They began to engage in conversation together. Her morning was going well.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
she looks at the student in front of her with a warm smile on her face. Her hands were folded on the counter in front of her as she sat straight in her seat. She gives the teenager a small nod before speaking with a kind and soft tone,"How may I help you?"

/me she was stood in front of one out of the many bookshelves, scanning the shelves to see which ones were out of order. She proceeds to raise his arm and run her fingers over the neat books till she reaches one that was out of order, fixing it, and continuing down the shelf.

/me she stands up from her seat at the front desk in the library and walks back to grab the book a student requested to borrow. As she was there, she grabbed a notebook and a pen, put on her glasses and started scribbling a log of the book being borrowed and by whom. She finishes and puts down the pen and notebook, then proceeds to her former position at the front desk. "Here you go! Be sure to return it within the next 7 days."

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):
Estrella R. Nori
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Ms.
Preferred Name: Ms. Nori

Age (Minimum is 25): 28
Religious Denomination: None.
Marital Status: Single

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2014
Major(s): Library Science and Communications
Minors: English and Psychology

Nationality: Hispanic
Current Location: Karakura, Japan
Native Languages: Spanish
Other Languages: English, Japanese

Backstory

Estrella grew up in the Caribbean in the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo more specifically. She lived in a small house with her 4 siblings, mother and father. Her father worked a lot and her mother was a stay at home mom taking care of 5 children. They didn’t have much money and struggled throughout the whole of Estrella’s childhood. She remembers all the times her parents couldn’t afford enough food for them to eat. They always put her and her siblings first.

When Estrella started school, she found out about books. How they can take her into another world where people don’t struggle to pay the bills and aren’t searching for scraps. They helped her imagination run wild which is a luxury since not many minorities and families in poverty get to have imaginations. She was lucky in that sense. Books were an escape all during elementary and into high school. Estrella’s parents noticed her love for reading and tried their hardest to scrounge up money to allow her to buy a book for her. She never expected for her parents to do such a thing for her when they struggled so much. She never spent the money she earned from working on herself, it was always given to contribute to feeding her family. So, when her parents surprised her with a book for her 16th birthday, she was ecstatic. She promised to get a good future with books and be able to support them.

However, not many months later, her parents died in a bus crash when they went out to buy food. This left the children without a guardian. Estrella wasn’t old enough to care for them alone so they were put into a foster system. Estrella was adopted by a Japanese couple, Aika Nori and Hideo Nori, who brought her to Karakura. She was very loved by them and Estrella grew to love them over time as well. However, all she could think about was her family and the promise she made to her parents. This motivated her to attend college to get a masters in Library Science. She struggled greatly because Japanese was not her first language, it wasn’t even her second language. Estrella had to learn Japanese at the age of 16, which is a lot harder than learning from a young age. During college, she still didn’t fully understand Japanese so she had a hard time with translating and writing with the language. That didn’t stop her. She continued to push through it and learned more Japanese from all the reading and writing as well as speaking she had to do with it.

She graduated top of her class from how hard she worked and she was so proud of herself. Her parents would be just as proud, if not more so. And her siblings, wherever they are, would give her the biggest hug for graduating. Of course, her adoptive parents were happy for her and proud as well and she did hold that close to her heart…but it’s not the same. Estrella worked at a small bookshop near her home for a few years till she saw an opening at Karakura High School which wasn’t very far from her home! She applied and waited, hoping for the best!

Motivation for Joining KHS: When I was younger, I loved reading the few books that were available in my school. I lived in a poor neighborhood in the Dominican Republic so there weren’t many options, but nonetheless, I loved those books. They inspired me to dream and look at the bright side. All the possibilities if I put in the effort. That’s what books showed me. I know many kids in Karakura High School may not be dreamers, but I think anyone can dream if they’re shown the greatness of dreaming. Books did that for me and I want to help students be interested in books to be shown the same thing. Whether it’s an educational book, a fiction book, or a history book. All of it can help someone look into the bigger picture! See all the possibilities and believe they can make a difference if they try. If I wasn’t shown a book when I was younger then I wouldn’t be how I am today. I believe books can make a big difference in one’s life and I want to work here at Karakura High School to help make that difference in someone’s life.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): N/A.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I don’t believe I am better than anyone else. Maybe I’ve been through more, however, that doesn’t mean I deserve to be chosen because I struggled in life. I’m sure everyone has their own story about why they love books and why they want to work as a librarian, but I’ll tell you mine. When I was a little girl, I lived in poverty. I wasn’t allowed to dream because I had to worry about when my next meal was going to be and when I’ll have clean water and electricity. Once I was put into school, I learned about the magic of books. The escape from reality where prince’s slayed dragons and saved princesses from towers. Where a normal village girl could turn into royalty overnight. How anything can be possible with a little bit of imagination. Books opened a whole new door for me, they showed me there was more to life if I believed hard enough. That’s what brought me to where I am now. I’d still be living in a poor country worrying when I’ll be able to eat again if it wasn’t for books. My mindset is different to others, I grew up with a mindset a child shouldn’t have and reading helped change that. I know teenagers may be struggling with the same thing and I am able to relate to them. This is why I believe I should be accepted over other applicants. I can relate to both the students and the other members of faculty. I consider myself a kind and big hearted person and try my hardest to make everyone comfortable and happy. Especially the students. I hope I am considered amongst the rest!

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
Do you have any questions?:

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations you have been accepted for the role of Librarian! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.​

Users who are viewing this thread