:
tswundere

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
abbatha

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
CST

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m very active on the server! I currently hold a spot on the HS Council on my main account, and really love the school rp scenarios (hence why I’m applying for Librarian on my alt!) I just finished school for the year so I will have wayyy more free time now as well.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I do!

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Librarians hold responsibilities within the library as well as around the school. Their main job is too be in control of the library. This would be helping students find the books their looking for, returning books to their homes, and making sure everyone in the library is being respectful. Outside of the library, librarians must make sure that all the school rules are being followed by the students and faculty. As a member of the staff, they must be on their toes and be able to be there to help in case of emergency.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I haven’t been on the server nearly as long as many of the other players, but I believe I’ve made up for my time missed with my involvement! On my main account, hweadpat, I am on the High School Council and work at many tailor companies. I really love the Council as I’m able to interact with students and give my character more of a responsible role while at school. On one of my alts, urgrlfrnd, I am a part of a gang, so I have done my fair share of GangRP scenarios. Overall, I really love DetailRP! I do this on the daily, whether that be when I’m sparring for gang training, or cooking for friends. I really love it.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
I’ve always wanted to join the School Employee faction. Originally, I had wanted to apply to be a teacher, but I think at first I would like to take on a slightly smaller role than that before I apply! Not that being a librarian is a small role, it is definitely key to a successful school roleplay environment, but I do want to get my bearings around the school before being in charge of a whole classroom.

The library is one of my favorite parts of the school and I would love to be able to work there. I want to create a great environment for students and be someone they can interact with while in my domain!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
hweadpat [Grade-12][Councillor] Amara Yatogami
urgrlfrnd [Grade-12] Zijia Yi Zhao
tswundere [Grade-8] Chihiro Murasaki (hopeful Librarian!!)

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Chihiro would keep her calm and composed manner, maintaining a polite tone of voice and respectful demeanor. She would acknowledge the student's frustration and apologize if appropriate, while also firmly but politely requesting that the student refrain from using inappropriate language. To de-escalate the situation, she would ask if there is a specific concern or issue that the student would like to discuss. If the student does not calm down and the situation does not de-escalate, she would have no choice but to hand out a detention. If the student does not react correctly to this action, Chihiro would call upon other colleagues or help from the SLT to sort the matter.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Chihiro would first make sure that the surrounding area was under control, and all other students and faculty were safe. She would then approach the two students with her normal, calm demeanor. Trying to de-escalate the situation, Chihiro would urge them to stop fighting and explain the importance of maintaining a safe and respectful environment in the school. She would ask the students to explain why this situation occurred. She would then issue a detention, as fighting is not taken lightly on school grounds. If the matter gets worse, she would call on her fellow faculty members for back-up. After the situation is under control, Chihiro would take notes of the incident to report it to her supervisor or principal to follow up on any disciplinary actions required.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Chihiro would first make sure to assess the situation. She would want to have a clear understanding of what is going on before getting in between everything. She would discreetly gather any evidence of this inappropriate behavior. This could include notes, or capturing photos and videos. After getting a better understanding of the altercation, Chihiro would approach the teacher and ask her to explain what was going on. She wanted to make sure she could hear out her fellow employee. Chihiro would tell the employee that what they were doing was incredibly dangerous and could hurt not only them, but other faculty members and students at the school. If the teacher did not respond appropriately, Chihiro would report the action to the SLT.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Chihiro, as you can see, is very laid-back. She would try and befriend any employees that don’t seem too busy - as she doesn’t want to interfere with their work. Once Chihiro had made some friends, if she saw them in the break room she would wave and come sit next to them. They would chat and catch up and relay the events of the day.

If it’s been a long day and Chihiro doesn’t feel like talking, she would enter the break room and politely wave/bow to the employees already there. She would grab a coffee and go sit at an empty table with her book choice of the day!

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:
/me
would blow her hair out of her eyes and she sat down in front of the cart of returned books. With her attention to detail, she would meticulously categorize and arrange the books according to genre, author, and subject matter. While she worked, she would hum a tune and make sure each book was treated with care and not left hurt by the past students who checked them out.

/me would smile softly as the student approached the desk, asking what book she would recommend for them to read. Tapping her finger on the desk, Chihiro would run through the catalog of books she had in her mind, searching for the perfect one! Ah! There it is. “Well you said you’re part of the gardening club? We have a lovely botanical book with information on all of the plants and flowers that grow here in Karakura!”

/me would stroll through the large library, making sure everything - and everyone - was in their place. Scanning the room, she would notice a leftover pile of books from a student’s study session. Heading over to the table, she would flip through each book before neatly stacking them and returning them to their homes.

In-Character Section

1684357278505.png

Full Name (First & Last only):
Chihiro Murasaki

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Preferred Name:
Chihiro

Age (Minimum is 25):

Academic Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Major(s): Culinary Arts
Minors: Education

Nationality: Japanese
Known Languages: Japanese, Korean

Backstory

Chihiro was born and raised in Tokyo, Japan. From a young age, she was always fascinated by food and loved to watch her mother cook. She would often spend hours in the kitchen with her mother, asking questions and learning how to prepare traditional Japanese dishes.

As she grew older, Chihiro became more and more interested in the culinary arts. She decided to pursue a degree in culinary arts at a prestigious cooking school in Tokyo. She worked hard and excelled in her studies, earning top marks in all of her classes.

After graduation, Chihiro landed a job as a sous chef at a high-end restaurant in Tokyo. She loved the fast-paced, high-pressure environment of the kitchen and enjoyed the thrill of creating new dishes. However, after a few years of working in the restaurant industry, Chihiro began to feel burnt out. She realized that the long hours and demanding work were taking a toll on her physical and mental health.

One day, while browsing job listings online, Chihiro came across a posting for a librarian at a school in Karakural. She had once wanted to be a cooking teacher, but the idea of a more stable, low-stress job appealed to her. She applied for the position and was thrilled when she got the job.

Chihiro quickly discovered that she loved working as a librarian. She enjoyed helping students find the books they needed and organizing the library's collection. She also found that her love of food came in handy when organizing cooking-themed book displays and recommending culinary books to students.

Now, at the age of 25, Chihiro is happy with her decision to switch careers. Although she still loves cooking, she is grateful to have found a job that allows her to have a better work-life balance and prioritize her mental and physical health.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

"When it comes to my motivation for applying to this school, I am drawn to the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the lives of students through the library. Growing up, books were my sanctuary, and they played a significant role in shaping my love for learning and personal growth. I believe that every student deserves access to a rich and diverse collection of literature, and I am passionate about fostering a love for reading and knowledge within the school community. The prospect of creating an inclusive and welcoming library environment, where students can explore, discover, and expand their horizons, truly inspires me. I am excited to contribute my skills, enthusiasm, and dedication to the educational journey of the students here."

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

"I believe my passion for literature, attention to detail, organizational skills, cultural awareness, and enthusiasm for helping others make me a unique candidate for the librarian position. Despite my culinary arts background, I have always been an avid reader and possess the ability to connect with students through the power of words. My diverse experiences and abilities will enable me to contribute positively to the school's library and create a nurturing environment for the students. Thank you for considering me as an employee at your established school."

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A
Do you have any questions?: No! Thank you for reading my application.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Employee Faction! DM gncme on Discord to receive your roles.

Users who are viewing this thread