players online

Accepted Librarian Application

avqvv

Level 6
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
ssppalee

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): ナルト#0016

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?): Once for exceeding the warnings limit last year, and another for OOC threats a few weeks ago, that should be all.

What is your timezone?: EET (Eastern European Time) (+2)

Describe your activity on the server: I’m on the server about 5-6 days a week, so I would count myself as a highly active player. Due to the recent worsening of the current pandemic across the globe, it has given me a lot of free time to be able to be on the server, constantly improving my roleplay in doing so.

In general I am a fairly active person anyway, I’m one to make plans and stick to them accordingly, as well as applying that to my roleplay. I am constantly checking the rules weekly and if i am due to go into any sort of inactivity towards the server, i will let it be known immediately, such as holidays such as my birthday, christmas, etc! In the summer and school breaks i tend to be active daily as i said before, and on weekends i play a bit more than my average time of 3-4 hours, but of course always making time for my family and friends on my day-to-day lifestyle.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes I do, and I will take care to ensure that will never happen.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Librarian.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

I am applying for the role of a librarian in the school. The librarians of the school have a responsibility to organize and manage a collection of journals, biographies, fiction and nonfiction books, magazines, mangas, newspapers, online and electronic documents and many other resources. Librarians will often work alongside students and guide them towards the correct material for their learning ability, and what they’re trying to learn. Whether this be science, history, english or ethics and philosophy, the librarians have a responsibility to assist students to do the best they can in school and support them with their words and knowledge. They are most known for checking in and out any books which students borrow from the shelves and just maintain to ensure that all books are returned. It is a must for librarians to have a station to work, whether this be at home, school or any place they see fit.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have a lot of experience actually, I’ve only played the server around 6-7 months now, but I still have been in a lot of different types of role play situations. For example, I’ve spent most of my time being involved in GangRP so I’ve had to get used to heated situations where players can be very toxic and insult you in many different ways, whether this be physical or verbal. I know how to stay calm and just ignore the other player and just ask for a staff member to arrive. I know how to deal with certain types of players ICly, such as if a student was to try and offend me while at work and I had to ask them to kindly leave and OOCly, if someone was to get toxic in looc once again trying to offend myself. All while keeping myself calm.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/shop-application.33350/ [Accepted], https://schoolrp.net/threads/news-reporter-application.28444/ [Accepted],

Chhattisgarhi language application | SchoolRP [Accepted], https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-application.35962/ [Accepted], https://schoolrp.net/threads/ssppalees-ban-appeal.35957/ [Accepted]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): High-School Student, 18, grade 12.

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

He would start by asking the student to firstly stop swearing and be polite towards any members of staff, in that situation it being myself. He would wait for them to calm themselves down by either standing there and being kind, saying things such as “please refrain from being rude to a member of the school staff. We are humans too and I'm sure if I were someone you cared about, you wouldn’t want someone to hurt them with such words” or to sit the student down at one desk areas and talk to them. If they continue he would have no choice but to put them in detention, this of course being after 2-3 warnings for their behaviour.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

He would start by asking the students to stop fighting , if they do not listen the first time he would raise his voice slightly, allowing the students to know he was serious about the fight coming to a halt immediately. If they still continue he would place himself in the centre of the fight, not harming any of the students. If this was to work Santiago would then talk to each student separately, calling another member of staff if there's one available to handle the other student, and hand out an after school detention to both involved.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

He would react by going straight to an SLT with any evidence, whether this be CCTV footage, if he is allowed access, or pictures he may have taken on his phone if it was a physical act. He would tell the SLT in as much detail as he can to ensure the situation is taken as seriously as it should be as he knows it is unacceptable, and the school staff should represent the school as if it was their home.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

He wouldn’t react any differently than normal. Santiago is a polite male, who has standards for himself to be kind, caring yet stern and strict. He would perhaps try and start a conversation with another employee to restrict any tension if there is any, and take the time in the break room to relax. He would sit politely and not slouch however, as much as he should be relaxed he should also maintain respectable appearance. He would take the time to check his suit, making sure he was presentable to respond to students and to uphold the school's name as much as he could. He would not use any inappropriate language but simply make talk with anyone else in there or read, to be in his own personal bubble of relaxation.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me The male would stand up from his desk area and make his way to a large shelf of books. He would stand in front of the shelf for a few seconds as he raised his right hand to his chin, rubbing it in thought as he looked amongst the books, finding a specific book. As his sight glazed towards the book his face lit up and he pulled the book gently from the shelf.

/me The male would turn in his seat to face a large pile of plain paper. He would lift his hand up to his mouth and lick his thumb, flicking through the papers to take out exactly three, turning back to his desk place and getting a pen out, beginning to take notes of what the person in front of him was saying.

/me The male would look up from his papers to the person standing in front of him, placing the pen he held in his hand down onto the table to place all his attention on the person in his view, smiling at them with a raised eyebrow, waiting for them to speak.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name: Otaku Santiago Morales Age (Minimum age is 25): 29

Title (Mr,Mrs,Miss): Mr.

Academic Degree: Masters Degree

Year of Graduation: 2008

Major(s): English, History, Maths

Minors: Science, P.E

Backstory

Otaku Santiago Morales

This character in question was born in Dominican Republic, with his birth name being Santiago Morales. When Santiago was first born he was loved dearly but his mother and father Valeria and Dominic Morales and always was. When he was young he was his parents' prized possession and harm would never get near Santiago. He was always close to his parents and their gentle words with him, he never thought of losing them. He was always a very quiet and sensible child as he was taught to be mannerful and respectful of all people no matter younger, older, or the same age. When Santiago turnt 13, Dominic decided it was time for Santiago to begin to learn his fathers way of being an assassin. Daily he was pushed to his limits and this continued until Santiago was 15 and what may have been his worst fear had happened. On the night of Saturday 16th November, 2002, Santiago's parents were slaughtered in their own home and the need for revenge overwhelmed every part of him. He felt anger and rage like he had never felt before and so he used that and got his deserved revenge, like he knew the training his father gave him would lead to this very moment. Santiago committed a mass murder to the family. Santiago's uncle came to him and took him far away to the middle of a snowy, cold thundra, where he took care of Santiago and continued to teach him everything he knows now. His uncle cared for him to try to fill the void he had from his parents death, letting him know that not everyone he loved would hurt and leave him. Although his uncle tried his best Santiago developed large anger issues and became largely irritated by people. After Santiago's training was fulfilled, and his uncle had passed from old age, Santiago moved away to karakura, Japan. Thats where he changed his first name to Otaku. Otaku became involved heavily in the gang activities in Karakura, feeling simply no remorse for people. And that's when Otaku met Ichika. Otaku and Ichika fell in love and Ichika showed Otaku a way around violence and anger. Ichika allowed him to love again and in return, loved him with all her heart. The two got married and have probably never been happier. Otaku still continues to be involved with gang violence but with the allowance from his wife, that just happened to be a cannibal, and a gang involved a female herself. Otaku still has his urges for a constant revenge on anyone who harms the people he cares for, in fear he may lose them like he lost his parents and continues to have his anger issues. But at least now he is a matured and handsome male. He realised that he couldn’t go on being angry and hurting everyone, Otaku decided to change his lifestyle completely to something positive and instead of hurting others, he wanted to help in any way he could with his knowledge. He became interested in being a librarian as he enjoys reading through books and finding new things from all sorts from books, newspapers, poems, novels, anything. He found peace in this new hobby of his and started loving the idea of being a Librarian and decided he has to do everything in his power to be one and learn many new things to have a more peaceful life. So he finally was able to change from being a heartless cold blooded person into a friendly and very welcoming character leaving his long lasting story of hatred and vengeance behind him, maturing to be a full grown middle aged polite and caring Librarian.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

My motivation for joining the Karakura Highschool employee team is quite simple really. I want to help the students. In long i used to have a rough background as a child, finding no where to turn to.That could be ‘my space’, somewhere to be myself, to be calm and not feel like any responsibilities were on my shoulders. But then I found a joy of reading with younger citizens, such as my friends' younger siblings. Reading became my safe place quickly and whenever i felt tense i would simply open a book and i would feel ok. I then put what I found to be amazing onto other people I felt were in the same position as me. lending them my books and my knowledge of them and seeing them bloom into a more mature person, and that gave me joy. When i was once a student and the Karakura High School, i realised perhaps there weren't enough librarians, and of course being the student i was, i looked up to the librarians myself, but i truly felt that the librarians who were there didn't interact with the students as i would like to myself. And so i made a deal with myself that i would be that figure i always wanted to see in the librarians so perhaps students could come into the library not only to read a book, or be in silence but to have someone there who could share their joy and knowledge with them and feel safe and comfortable, the library becoming an escape from the harsh reality and responsibilities of the world.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"): N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

In all honesty I feel like I should be accepted over other applicants as I know I can give students something they perhaps couldn’t. Many of the librarians in the school today don’t interact with the students in a positive way and I fear that many more applicants may come to the same behaviour but I have a pledge not to, and to be kind, interactive and supportive to whoever may walk through the doors. Unlike most librarians I would get up and show students the world of books and perhaps the history of those books if they wish to have a better understanding of them. I would not only do that but I would uphold the keep of the library, cleaning wherever I may be stationed as well as anywhere else I may be working. cleaning up any messes on the desks or the shelfs. i would keep up with the rules of the library and will always hope to become an inspiration to any students, if they wish to see someone who cares about the papers and words inside the books, as someone with great dreams, dreams that will be accomplished by the acceptance of the application.

Extra
Thank you for taking your time reading this, I wish you a good day!

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for School Employee at Karakura High School.

- Unfortunately the slots for the role you have applied for are filled at the moment, but due to quality of your application I'd be happy to allow you the choice of another available role, please DM me on discord once you have read this and we'll discuss this further. @KimiNoUso#9999​

Users who are viewing this thread