Accepted Librarian Employee Application || School Employee Application

redk00laidpacket

Level 1
RedKoolaidPacket
RedKoolaidPacket
Omega
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: RedKoolaidPacket

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): RedKoolaidPacket#2835

How old are you? (Optional): I am not really comfortable saying but an age range would be 13-14.

What is your time zone?: PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~

Describe your activity on the server:
I am active when I can be!
Usually, I am busy with school and personal situations so I will try to get on at least 4 times during the weekdays and about 3+ hours each time!
If I do not meet this goal for myself I will be sure to make it up during the weekend!

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

Yes, and No, It was a misconception between my sister and me who live together and happen to have the same IP address.
My sister got banned for ERP and because of the fact that we have the same IP, they thought that she had made a new account or had a separate one.
We sent proof that we weren't the same person and luckily I was unbanned!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge this! I will 100% be accountable if I somehow am inactive without reasoning!

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I will be applying for the position of Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Librarian:
A Librarian is someone who is trained or has a degree in Information Media/Library Science. A typical Librarian role would be somebody who is in charge of the library or helps manage the library. Consisting with, helping with books, book usage, technical problems and etc. A librarian is also somebody who managing the acts of literature in the school. But that isn't all, A Librarian is also needed to help keep the school in control. Any position within the school needs to be responsible enough to manage 100s of students. Like a counselor or teacher, a librarian would have the option to discipline and reward students. A librarian needs to have the capacity and responsibility to be able to handle a huge role like this. One cannot ignore or turn their head to any misbehaving of any staff or student.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have been on SRP since August 2020. From there I have learned so much about roleplay.
Before I usually never played Minecraft for roleplaying and only for gameplay.
Being on SRP for a year and a month now has been quite the experience.
Although I still am new to some things, I still am willing to learn!
I am also willing to exceed my roleplaying knowledge and continue to do it the correct way!

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Japanese Language App DENIED (I realized my mistake after being denied):
https://schoolrp.net/threads/japanese-language-application.42816/

Korean Language App ACCEPTED:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-applicatiom.43087/

There was another application for Student Council which was denied when I first started in SRP (I had 0 idea what I was doing)
But I cannot seem to find it as it was on a different forums account!

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Grade 12, Age 18

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

Situations
/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

During a work shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Quartney would react first by telling the student off and then go on about her day. If it occurs again she then will warn the student and let them know that they are in the process of receiving detention. If it happens one more time, Quartney will contact a higher-up or somebody who is more qualified than she is and let them know what is going on and have them take care of the student.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Quartney would approach the students and if needed use force to break up the students' fight. She then will ask both of the students what happened, if both stories don't align she will ask other witnesses what may have occurred. If the situation was worse than she thought she will take both students to detention (no matter who started it) and continue to learn more about the incident. With all the information she needs she would give both students advice on how to handle situations like these better.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

At first, Quartney would question the employee, wanting to know why they were doing what they were doing. She then will take the employee somewhere private and let them know that if they continue they could be at risk for a demotion (no matter what rank or job). If the situation wasn't completely serious she would simply just advise the employee to watch what they do or say on school grounds. If the situation was very serious and needed to be reported, Quartney would consult a higher-up or a member of SLT on what to do with the situation, after that she will leave the situation alone and let the specific employee handle it.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Quartney would enter the break room and sit silently and read a book that she brought with her. If there is another employee in the room with her, she would simply wave at them or give a nice 'Hello!' and if they spike a conversation she would engage fully on the topic. Waiting for her next shift, she would also possibly eat a meal, snack, or sip on a drink from the vending machine.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me Quartney would softly but quickly, approach the students fighting. She'd step in between the two and put her arms up disbanding them from hitting each other. She'd look behind her swiftly to see who is involved in the situation. Whilst putting her arms down and stepping back, she'd then say in a quiet but harsh tone 'Any act of violence on campus is not allowed no matter the situation.' Giving both the students a glare, she'd gesture them to follow her immediately.

/me At the request of the student, she would scan the library card. Looking in the direction of the monitor she would make sure all of the information needed would be on the screen. She'd then lightly grab the book that the student wanted to check out and look for the scanning sticker. Finding it she would pick up the scanner and scan the book. Handing it back to the student, she would say in a soft tone 'I hope you enjoy reading this! Have a nice day!'

/me Silently, she would enter the break room and go right to the vending machine. Grabbing water, she'd sit down and grab her homemade lunch out of her bag. Whilst eating, she'd then reach back into her bag pulling out, what appeared as an ancient history book. She'd turn the pages, reading quietly to herself, with a very interesting look on her face.

●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●~●

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only):
Quartney Hall

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Preferred Name:
Miss Hall

Age (Minimum is 25): 27

Religious Denomination:
Not Religious

Marital Status:
Single/Not Married

Academic Degree:
Bachelor’s Degree

Year of Graduation:
Graduated High School: 2011
Graduated College Fully: 2020

Major(s):
Comparative Literature, Information Media

Minors:
Child Development
Sociology
Communications

Nationality:
Afro-Japanese/Korean

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
Korean

Backstory
/*399 words*/

It all started when I was 10 years old. My mother and father were very humble individuals. My father as a lawyer and my mother worked as a Culture Study teacher. Although my parents lived a simple life inside of money and wellbeing, outside of it, it was pretty chaotic. My mom was in and out of the hospital with colon cancer. She got this cancer after having me at age 22. From ages 1-9 I spent most of my time with my mom in a hospital or while she was sick in bed. My mom loved learning about foreign countries. So us spending time together would be discussing or her teaching me her findings of a certain country. This is what spiked my love for literature. All the things my mom taught and showed me, allowed me to find a huge interest in culture studying and Japanese literature. At age 10, my mom sadly passed away. Leaving all of her books, studies, and office to me. With the drive to honor and appreciate my mother, I took over her studies. I started learning about different countries, different languages, and different written works. At age 11, I took up learning Korean. My mother was half Korean with it being on her dad's side. Korea was one of her most favorite countries to study so I did everything in my power to learn about it. With help of my grandpa and father I successfully learned the language fully at age 14. Going on with my life, during high school I excelled at Literature and History causing me to be in AP classes. With these AP classes, I got more than enough credits to graduate high school early. By age 17 I had graduated high school at the top of my class and headed to college. In college, I majored in Comparative Literature and Information Media. During college I had options with my degree, go the teacher route, dean route, librarian route, or historian route. I decided to go with the librarian route, mainly focusing on books and Japanese liberal arts. It took me 9 years to get my fully Academic Degree, along with minors in, Child Development, Sociology, and Communications. When I turned 26 I graduated from college and sought out looking for jobs. Finally, I was able to find this one from a fellow friend and applied!

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Ever since I was a little girl, I had a love for literature! Learning new things about it always excited me! So when I went off the college I knew what I wanted to study and major in. Whilst in college I started looking into my options. I had the option to be a teacher, librarian, or even a historian. But all in all, working with books interested me the most! So when I saw that this job was open I knew I had to apply. I also have heard amazing things about this school and that its teaching processes and learning rates were off the charts and I wanted to be a valuable part of that.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I do not believe that I am better than anyone else what so ever. However to answer the question, over the other applicants, I should be accepted because I can do the work and deliver the excellent results that the school wants and needs. I own a combination of skills with experience in literature and child behavior that is unique and makes me stand out. Hiring me, will not only make the staff's life easier but also the students as well! Accepting me as Karakura's New Librarian would be beneficial and useful! Although, more applicants may be more experienced than me, with my skills and ability to work with students and teamwork with staff, I would be very capable of doing an astounding job at Karakura High School. Overall, after viewing my application and reasons why I should be accepted, I hope you choose me for this delightful position!

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application:
N/A

Do you have any questions?:
N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Librarian at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.​

Users who are viewing this thread