The FJ

Level 93
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
IGN: FailedJarl78349
DATE: 11/15/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Making the Karakura Public Library usable, being able to check out books, possibly a city librarian role.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
In Karakura, there are two libraries, the school library and the Karakura Public Library, the Karakura Public Library has small rooms and a front desk, but you cannot actually check out books from it. In the school library, you can check out many books. On the weekends, some Karakura Highschool and College students desire to check out books, but they cannot, due to the school being closed. Players whose characters are adults and non-school-faculty members cannot enter the school, and thus may not check out books. I believe with adding a system to be able to check out books outside of the school would solve these issues.

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega

Making a whole new role for a city librarian is kinda useless. If you want to access the school library you should be a student (it's School RP after all).

Towers could make their first floor a library and add real books there by themselves, we don't need to make a new role for this

ImYourManMyles

Level 50
ImYourManMyles
ImYourManMyles
Omega
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Making the Karakura Public Library usable, being able to check out books, possibly a city librarian role.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: In Karakura, there are two libraries, the school library and the Karakura Public Library, the Karakura Public Library has small rooms and a front desk, but you cannot actually check out books from it. In the school library, you can check out many books. On the weekends, some Karakura Highschool and College students desire to check out books, but they cannot, due to the school being closed. Players whose characters are adults and non-school-faculty members cannot enter the school, and thus may not check out books. I believe with adding a system to be able to check out books outside of the school would solve these issues.
+1 I also think its a good roleplay activity, butttt the only thing is.. it might get a little boring for the librarian sitting there all day and I feel like nobody really goes to the library. maybe if the library had specific times it opened and closed so people who really want to go to the library to check books out can go when it opens and have to leave when it closes. this also give the librarian time to do their job and not havw to worry about sitting there all day, they can just go on with their day after the library closes. if this made any sense

Infi

Level 130
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Making the Karakura Public Library usable, being able to check out books, possibly a city librarian role.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: In Karakura, there are two libraries, the school library and the Karakura Public Library, the Karakura Public Library has small rooms and a front desk, but you cannot actually check out books from it. In the school library, you can check out many books. On the weekends, some Karakura Highschool and College students desire to check out books, but they cannot, due to the school being closed. Players whose characters are adults and non-school-faculty members cannot enter the school, and thus may not check out books. I believe with adding a system to be able to check out books outside of the school would solve these issues.
Heya! I own the library. Though there's not much I can do as of right now about the library, I'm more than happy to allow you to utilize it however you'd like to help encourage roleplay. With the 1.20 update coming out relatively soon and the new bookshelves that are going to be added, we can hopefully do a lot more with the library and players would be able to add/remove any books of their choice. If you're interested in doing something with the library please shoot me a dm (Nfin#5591) and I should be able to get whatever you need sorted :D

I am all for encouraging roleplay as much as possible and interested in any/all ideas that players have

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Heya! I own the library. Though there's not much I can do as of right now about the library, I'm more than happy to allow you to utilize it however you'd like to help encourage roleplay. With the 1.20 update coming out relatively soon and the new bookshelves that are going to be added, we can hopefully do a lot more with the library and players would be able to add/remove any books of their choice. If you're interested in doing something with the library please shoot me a dm (Nfin#5591) and I should be able to get whatever you need sorted :D

I am all for encouraging roleplay as much as possible and interested in any/all ideas that players have
where IS the library I WANT TO RP IN IT

it isnt in the spot it was in like 2 years ago unless im dumb

tobbby

Level 276
mrbug_
mrbug_
Rich

NEW BOOKSHELVES?!?!??!!?

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable

Making a whole new role for a city librarian is kinda useless. If you want to access the school library you should be a student (it's School RP after all).

Towers could make their first floor a library and add real books there by themselves, we don't need to make a new role for this
^ its a neat idea but if this is implemented, it'll start branching out and people might want more custom roles like a mailman - if we add one, we add many and it's not really worth it. Also isn't that a tower? One of the tenants could be a hired Librarian, like how shop employees don't have roles but are hired player wise!

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
There is a player-ran library in the business park, but there are no plans to add more city roles at this time.

Users who are viewing this thread