players online

Accepted Lien Michel's Fine Arts Teacher Application

Drunkenness

Level 3

What is your Minecraft username?:
Main: HyperAsian Alt:Aesael

How old are you?:

Do you have any previous bans?:
Not any recently. My one and only ban is when I first joined the server and glitched through the front gates.

What Country are you from?:
I am from America and currently live there.

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?):
trishy#7022

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I do understand!

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I fully acknowledge this.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
Yes, I do understand that all classroom activity is to be documented on the Teacher Roster thread.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
For over a few months now I’ve been very active on SRP and the forums after a few weeks of playing. I now spend at least 3-4 hours a day on SRP and look through the forums frequently to read new introductions, character biographies, drawings, and more.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher in SRP is to have a different RP experience and branch out and try new things. I think I would very much so enjoy the experience of facing the other side of the classroom and teaching students rather than being the one listening. I’ve played as a normal highschool student and am currently a Swim Team College Student. As fun as it may be, I feel as if playing a teacher is a challenging, yet exciting role to play.
Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
I definitely have more RP experience than the average person, though most of my experience comes from the months I’ve played SRP. I currently have expanded my roleplay horizons as I have stretched out to other RP servers to play on and help out with a few of them myself.
Have you read the Faculty Handbook?:
Though I do not believe I have seen the Faculty Handbook I have read through the CoC thoroughly multiple times.
What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are used to log the activity of the classes you’ve previously held and the information following it. It is extremely important to log the classes you’ve held to keep track of them and to post it in the Karakura Academics Discord to also get paid the certain amount needed to be given.
You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
When wanting to start a school field trip, you will need to ask the permission of higher school staff. Specifically the Head of Department, after giving a run down of how things will go and what is planned to happen. I think making a doc to explain what is to happen during the trip step by step is a rather good idea just to be thorough and to make sure things run smoothly.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
As a teacher there are very basic ground rules
1. No using electronics unless told to by the teacher. (specifically for a quiz or a fun mi****me)
2. No eating in class unless permitted by the teacher.
3. Raise your hand before speaking and wait patiently to be called upon.
4. Stay silent during the class period and respect the teacher by paying attention and giving your undivided attention.
5. Stay in your seat at all times unless told otherwise.
Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
I used to be in a few pinterest boards where teens around my age were able to create characters of their own and the comment sections under pins would be a place to roleplay. I used to do that a few months prior to SRP but it definitely helped as I played. Through the many months I’ve played SRP, my roleplaying skills have definitely advanced as I had people to help and guide me through the basic things. I have grown to my own style of roleplaying and would say I’ve gotten pretty good at it myself.
Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: HD stands for Head of Department. This is the highest rank you are able to receive as a teacher and with a higher rank comes with much higher responsibility. This role basically is the head of a subject, for example the HD of the Music Department. They would be the head of all other Music classes held by fellow teachers.
- QTLS: QTLS means Qualified Teacher and Learning skills. This rank is given after teaching for a long period of time or when deemed fit enough for this rank. It’s given to teachers who have created a rather good impact on students and have given rather good lessons.

- NQT: NQT stands for Newly Qualified Teacher. This is the role given once first accepted as a teacher. While having this role it is important to better yourself and find ways to improve your teaching, there’s always room for improvement!​

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

As teachers, icly and oocly, their purpose is to be an influence to the students. To teach them something of whatever subject they may teach. They are crucial to the lives of students as they are to shape their futures. A student intakes much more than just the lesson that they are being taught. As a teacher they are a huge example in the classroom and outside of it. Most teachers don’t realise how big of an impact they have on their students but it really is important to be a good role model to them.

The way a teacher should teach or behave in class is rather self explanatory. They are to give the students equal amounts of respect and not to just use their authority with free will. Simply just teaching a class isn’t enough, you must grab the attention of students and make sure they are following along by asking an occasional question or two throughout the lesson. In their spare time teachers are able to stay in the teacher’s lounge, occasionally having a snack break, working on future lesson plans, and grading past assignments.

If the in-game salary hasn’t changed recently I believe teachers receive 250,000 yen after hosting 15 classes and an additional 50,000 yen for every 5 classes hosted after that. Though I do believe the salary is also based on the ranks.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
The question of itself is rather self explanatory. Without teachers in SRP there really wouldn’t be SRP. The teachers at the school are the ones who are educating the students and without them there would be no one to teach. School is obviously a huge part of SRP as it is where students need to be during school hours and most of the time when I am on, barely any classes are being hosted.

As my time as a student on SRP I usually sit around waiting for classes to be hosted but to no avail, barely to none of the teachers are on and even so, they aren’t hosting. It makes the school day more unbearable and makes the school day uninteresting. I know a ton of students who actually do look forward to classes and genuinely wait for them to be hosted, me included.

If I am given the opportunity I would love to host classes as much as I can and being able to teach students is something I’d look forward to. I’d love to interact with students from a teacher’s perspective and help their rp experience on SRP be a little more fun and exciting.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system that the school works on is the MoSCoW system, standing for “Must Have, Should Have, and Would Have.”

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

Physical Appearance
Lien Michel is a woman of Vietnamese and French descent. She stands at 5’4 and weighs around 115 pounds. She’d have an hourglass figure and jet black hair. She’d have very defined eyes and a dark eye color, flecks of gold radiating off of them. She’d smell of Coco Chanel Perfume.

Lien’s Quirks
As confident as she may seem inside the classroom Lien is actually very shy with people around her age. She grew out of the habit of biting her nails but still ended up twirling her hair around her finger whenever she seemed nervous or felt like she was in an awkward situation.
When outside of school, Lien loves to look at flowers and plant some of her own, this was something she’s loved to do ever since she was a child, she has always been close with nature and loved photography as a child.

Lien’s Personality
Being as young as she is, Lien is very driven and social towards her students. She is naturally bubbly and very charismatic inside the classroom but is very calm outside of it. She has what people would say is a heart of gold as there is no negativity that can pierce her heart.

Lien’s Outlook Towards Students
Lien loves every single one of her students like one of her own. What some teachers may call lenient, Lien sees it as making her students comfortable and encouraged. Through her teaching she hopes to inspire her students and let them stretch their creativity to further horizons. She hopes that what she teaches inside her class sticks with them and that they will be able to use it outside of class.

Lien’s Outlook Towards Other Teachers and Staff
As stated before outside of her classroom Lien is very calm and collected. Lien has a few close friends but other than that she keeps to herself. She doesn’t really focus on conversations with other teachers, instead she ends up daydreaming and thinking about new projects to assign her students. She doesn’t really mind them however, she’s just very driven to her work.

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
First of all, if I were in class I would excuse myself. Nonetheless, moving the delinquents to the side, I would ask them to politely stop and to remove themselves from the area. If they were to continue they will be given a verbal warning followed by three warnings. If they have not stopped I would give them detention to serve after school.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
I would pause for a moment and ask the students what’s wrong or what's their opinion on the subject. To Lien, her students opinion on how she teaches is very important, she loves constructive criticism and takes it into consideration. She wants her class to be just as excited as she is or even more.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
While Lien is in the teacher’s lounge she usually leans against a wall, checking her onrain or looking through art ideas on pinterest. If others were there conversing she’d nod along, listening quietly as they did, keeping to herself. Her personality really does shine the most in the classroom.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me She’d offer a warm smile towards the students in front of her, clapping her hands together to get there attention

/me She’d start to stroll around the class, observing everyone’s sheets of paper as they began to work

/me She’d walk up to the chalkboard, holding the dainty piece of chalk in her hand as she traced what looked like a cartoon puppy.

/me She’d hold the bundle of paintbrushes in her hand, passing them around each table before reaching back up to where she was originally.

/me She’d prop herself up onto the desk, crossing her legs as she fixed her posture, staring silently at the class as they worked.

Lien Michel was born in Saigon, Vietnam, a small town in the bustling country. Lien only lived with her mother who was a seamstress that sold local dresses to the other little girls in town. Lien had to help at a young age which was what sparked her creativity. She began designing her own style of clothing, showing off some of the clothing pieces she made in mini fashion shows in their makeshift living room. Her mother was her inspiration and Lien began branching out to other sources of art. She began to draw, write, sing, and dance. Overall she was a very creative child and her mom couldn’t hinder her talents or let them go to waste.

At the age of 14, when Lien was to start highschool, her mother booked her a flight to a town nearby Karakura where she stayed with her grandmother. There she learned the language and began her education at a school dedicated to the arts. Lien’s creativity never showed brighter than when she was in school. Graduating as valedictorian of her class, Lien continued her studies as she majored in the arts and education at a local university.

Lien found her purpose, as she wants to teach students about a subject she loves dearly and is very skilled at. After graduating from uni and her teacher training program, Lien then began teaching at the highschool she once graduated at, teaching the local kids for two years before resigning and taking a break for herself.

While resigned, Lien never stopped creating art or lost her touch. This break encouraged her own art pieces where she began selling her own paintings and sculptures and making enough money to go anywhere she desired.. Lien moved to Karakura where some of her old uni friends currently stay. She loved the community and found the students quite enticing. Now, she wants to pursue her goal of teaching as a highschool teacher here at Karakura and hopes to spread creativity a little more amongst the students.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Lien Thuy Ngoc Michel

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Given Name(s): Lien, Li, Lin

Preferred Name: Miss Lien

Religious Denomination: Buddhist

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Vietnamese

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2

Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Art Education(Fine Arts- in Art Education) , and Bachelor’s Degree in Art History

Year of Graduation: 1998

Major(s): Fine Arts, Art History

Minors: Literature, Visual Arts, Sculpture

Native Languages: Vietnamese

Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Preferred Teaching Subject: Fine Arts

Additional notes about your application (if any): Thank you for taking the time to read my application!

Do you have any questions?: None currently.​

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    228.9 KB · Views: 0

Mistalee

Level 104
APPROVED

-ˏˋ Congratulations! ˊˎ-

- Absolutely lovely application - The banners certainly add a nice touch, and the detail you put into it, (Especially when describing your character), is outstanding.
- To further your career as a teacher, please ensure that you have joined this Discord-Server.
- After you've done the step listed above, please shoot me a direct message at; Knot#6368 to get you set up with your new role!

Users who are viewing this thread