mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Life sentence idea

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 22/3/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
That Life sentence with no bail getsreplaced with a 6month-1year sentence with no option for bail or having a max bail that will be really hard to get
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
To begin with many of us have experienced losing a character to kps. As characters are now more developed and gangrp isnt simply based on ooc intentions like it could be some times in the past, it way more devastating to lose a character to this sentence. Using myself as an example, Ive had my character for way over a year and if i lost him to a failed attack with kps I'd honestly quit the game. Since characters are way more developed nowadays and all have lore behind them it is a bit too much to lose them like that. In the same way that people have to consent to kps maybe there could be a consent to that too but i wouldnt suggest it. Overall i think that this sentence is too much and since mistakes happen in gangrp losing a really important character is hard. As schoolrp has evolved to a less pvp based rp and is more meaningful, losing a character entirely to police is a really big deal breaker for many of us. I am not against big sentences in general but i think this one is way too much and it would still be a really big sentence to stay in for 6 ooc month or a whole year with an inhumane bail like 10mil or no bail at all but at least it would be possible to retrieve that character in the distant future. If realism is the issue... roleplaying more around arrests would help as parole or other delas etc could be roleplayed to excuse that the character will leave jail after a long time instead of forever

Hirathex

Level 244
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

You only receive life without bail if you successfully kill a character, not if you attempt it. Personally, I think it's a fair trade. You made someone permanently lose their character, and if you get caught you permanently lose yours.

moved2paws

Level 6

We've had people kill like 20 different characters, i think like realistically like most people get away with stuff, no shade KPD of courrse but...
life is more realistic and by that standard you've gotta get a good k;d ratio to get executed, which is pretty funny

OhNoNate

Level 19
OhNoNate
OhNoNate
Omega
-1 , I want my old character to stay behind bars

Okay seriously though I just agree with what others have said

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

You only receive life without bail if you successfully kill a character,
There are also other reasons such as taking government officials hostage and/or majorly assaulting them- that might be what they’re talking about (had a character that was involved in a gang that kidnapped and ended up majorly assaulting a cop so he got the life sentence)

Hirathex

Level 244
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
There are also other reasons such as taking government officials hostage and/or majorly assaulting them- that might be what they’re talking about (had a character that was involved in a gang that kidnapped and ended up majorly assaulting a cop so he got the life sentence)
Maybe. The thing is though our KPD sentencing guidelines, the only for life crimes are successful Capital, First Degree, and Second Degree murder. Majorly assaulting / kidnapping anyone should not result in a life sentence.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Maybe. The thing is though our KPD sentencing guidelines, the only for life crimes are successful Capital, First Degree, and Second Degree murder. Majorly assaulting / kidnapping anyone should not result in a life sentence.
Maybe my arrest was made before some kind of rule update.. this was in August so I’d understand, it was long ago

Infi

Level 129
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

Currently the only listed offenses that give you life sentences are murder and capital murder, unless otherwise dictated by the court

robinzee

Level 21
robinzee
robinzee
Rich
As mentioned by Hira, an eye for an eye :3
The full quote is "An eye for an eye, and the world goes blind". This kind of philosophy is considered wrong by the original saying.

That being said, I disagree with the suggestion, too. As Hira said, if you can't get away with making someone else lose their character, it only makes sense for you to lose your character, too. I don't see the merit in making the punishment lower or generally making crime easier to get away with. The appeal of CrimeRP, to me, is that it's (supposed to be) high risk - high reward.

C'mon.

cho0ii

Level 172
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

As hira said, an eye for an eye. Also 6 months is only 2 years icly, 1 year being 4 years icly.

Users who are viewing this thread