Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:
LightEclipic

DISCORD TAG:
DarkEclipic#3032

PREVIOUS BANS:
No bans / Warnings

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:
I do and am welcomed to be up for calls!

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:

Priest

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I am pretty active on the server, out of 10, I would say I am about a 8.5-9

I play even ever I get the chance, during my weekdays(Sunday-Thrusday Night, CST) I am only one for about 3-5 hours. During my weekend(Friday-Saturday Night, CST) I can be on for 3-14 hours

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGION?
Shintoism first showed up in Japanese culture around the Yamato period(and was revived in the Edo period). Shin, meaning Spirit or Kami and To, meaning path or study. Meaning Shinto is the path or study of the gods/goddess. During this period, everything is able to have possession of a Kami inside of it, which is why in temples, inside a roped off area is an item(i.e: a mirror, cup, plate, etc) for the Kami to reside in. Even high leaders of government (the emperor, before WW2) and high ranking Sumo wrestlers were said to have bodies that could hold The Kami. Torii gates are gates that welcome the good Kami into the shrine of a place of worship.

Buddhism was introduced to Japanese culture through the Chinese and South Koreans visiting Japan. There are some places in Japan where Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples were built right next to each other. Eventually this ended since some Japanese families didn't like the idea of mixing the two religions.

Though I know some information about Shintoism and Buddhism, but I am always willing to learn more

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
With some knowledge of the Religion, I am getting more information to help me give SRP a way to express themselves and get back to their Japanese roots!

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:
Anthony 'Clover' Zennix

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
Spending time over the phone with my sister, Elizabeth. She introduced me to the culture of Japan and the religion of Shintoism, since she left Ireland for Japan. Dealing with my lack lustful life, I decided to change my days to peace, love, and turn over a new leaf in life.

TELL ME WHAT HISTOY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:
Shinsei Seiaru Monastery originally began construction in the year 744 and was completed in year 762. It Was first built for Buddhism during the Nara period. The mountain the monastery was built on was there before any type of homes were built, Mt. Daichi in the area was the tallest mountain, closest to the heavens, and was welcomed to all Kami but one Kami, the mountain god, Yama-no-Kami was the one most welcome into the temple.

During a fire that broke out in early 2004, by head priest, Kannushui Ginjiro. Thinking that the shrine was 'impure'. The shrine was now no longer a viable place for gods to visit. Rebuilding the shrine to the remaining god, he grew angry by their lack of faith and loneliness, he caused storms and abnormal weather to reside over Karakura.

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:
(character biography, 150 words min)

Anthony Zennix is the younger twin brother to Elizabeth Zennix. Seeing her leave to Japan while 16, he had to step up to his sister's shoes and try to take care of the family. Not knowing the knowledge that his sister retained, he grew into a toxic and harmful individual. Following in his father's footsteps, he grew up. Passed grade school and was brought into their dad's company as an office drone. Working 9 to 12 hour days, he would come home to his apartment and drink alone. Not wanting to have a social life as it would ruin his father's plan for Anthony, he grew more and more distant from his close family.

Until one day, after a rather stressful day at work. He had received a knock on his door, when he opened it, it was his sister. He welcomed her in and noticed how healthy and happy she looked. She invited him to join her back to Japan, where she and her family resided. Finding out The Zennix name slowly growing in the town she moved to, giving some thought. He decided to join her back to Japan, still being rather distant with her family. He would look for his own peace in the new town, visiting the shrine his sister told him about. He finally, at last, had found his peace he was looking for. Asking his sister questions about her newly found religion, he would be let known in a new world that he was able to control himself and to help his sister keep the Zennix name living.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
Monastery Lead,
Hello and good evening, we have never personally met but my sister, Elizabeth who often visits the shrine since her 20's, has told me about Shintoism and shown me the way towards peace and freedom. My name is Anthony Zennix and for the past few months now, I have made my move to Karakura to start my new life and wish to be blessed to join your ranks on worshiping the Kami and helping those find their way.
Regards,
Anthony Zennix, Clover to the Rose

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?
Before entering the Shrine, you must bow to the Torii, giving the respects to the Kami who reside inside. Once entering, you must wash your hands. Starting with your right hand and moving to your left, once that is done. You must wash out your mouth with the water and spit it out on the rocks below.

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?
The most common ritual is done at the shrine once you have washed your body of all impurities. Walking up to the shrine you must give an offering, most shrines will have offering boxes to give any amount of Yen too but another offering that is acceptable would be a bowl of rice. The person now must call the Kami by swinging the rope of the bell to sound your arrival, then bow one and clap twice to give thanks to the Kami in the shrine. Afterwards, you may give a prayer to the Kami and repeat the bowing and clapping in the same order after ending your prayer.

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?
The job of the Shinto Priest and Maiden is to help take care of the Monastery that the Kami resides in, making sure they remain happy. They are also there to protect the shrine from any and all harm that comes to the shrine, guiding those in prayer, to help inform those who do not know Shintoism, and showing those who are lost up to the shrine for a visit or just to look. It is also their responsibility to go down from the shrine to give the good word to the people in town.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:
Between 30-40 days after a child is born, the parents should bring the child up to the temple for the ceremony. The child will be dressed in a Komono as the Priests and Maidens welcome the child into the community of the nearby towns that the child is from. At the age of 20, they should come back to do another ceremony for reaching-of-age in Japanese culture.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:
Give the rundown of Shintoism, explain about what the Kami are and why they are important to the world we live in. explain what the Yokai are, show them how to do the proper procedure to do while at the shine. Answer any other questions they may have and if I don’t have the question right then and there, I would seek out another one of the Priests or Maidens to help fill in the information.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?
Inari​

TaxEvasionFraud

Level 37
TaxEvasionFraud
TaxEvasionFraud
Notable
[ ACCEPTED ]
──────────────────────────────────
Welcome to the Monastery team!

If you are not already in the Karakura Town discord, CLICK HERE to join
Upon checking the #help channel, if you have not already received your roles, go ahead and ping the Shrine faction lead
- - - -
The next time you are online on your Shrine account, send in a /help for your PRIEST role : (Include your age in the ticket)
If no one is able to change your role at the current time ; Fill out a role request HERE and wait for a staff member to review your request

Any questions can be forwarded to my DMs, Reinahx#0069
──────────────────────────────────​

Users who are viewing this thread