players online

Accepted LIMEWIRED'S LORE TEAM APP :D

squ0mp

Level 5

IGN:

limewired

Discord:

reign#0690

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?

Yes.

Your time zone and current country of residence:

EST (eastern standard time) America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:

N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

I may be going to college soon, and I may not always be active every day due to irl things.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

I love creating stories and building my own worlds, or even building upon already existing worlds, and it’s always been a great interest of mine to write it all out to make it stories come together and connect.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

I have made multiple, extensive and interactive worlds for my dnd campaigns, as well as have made canon stories for most, if not all of my characters. I spend a lot of time going into depth about the characters and especially the world around that as it is just as important in the process of making a solid storyline/campaign.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

Lore acts as the extensive backstory to an already existing story. It can also act as the base to go off of in future writing and storytelling. It’s crucial to a story as it’s a part of bringing everything together and is what helps in giving the story a good flow and decent pacing.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

A typical cloudy evening in the winter of Karakura. The Ochiba forest was quiet, save for the crunch of the snow beneath a man’s shoes as he was out for a late walk. Not too far from his path was another man, who broke his own silence with the constant, absent flicks of his lighter. The separate sounds of the lighter and the crunching of the snow- perhaps it was their own clock that was ticking away the seconds until one saw the other. The walking man stopped, moving his pink hair out of his face as he blinked a few times, unsure if what he was seeing was real. Just as the pink haired man stopped walking, the man with the lighter picked up on the sound, ceasing the flicking for just a moment. A moment that felt like forever… at least until the pink haired man spoke up, voice hushed and holding a disbelieving tone, “You’re… supposed to be…” The sentence faded just as the silence of the snow began to fall on them once more. The man with the green hair turned towards the other man with a smile on his face, which was now clearly seen to have a majority of it covered in harsh burn scars. His smile was familiar, and yet so distant, as if he were meeting an old friend despite the two never having even met. Their eye contact was broken by the final flick of the lighter, flame going alight and bringing warmth to such a small area through the stark and bitter cold of the winter. His voice rasped, but was gentle as he joked, “What’s wrong? You look like you’ve just seen a ghost.” Though the man with the green hair feigned confidence, his hand shook, wind blowing out the flame as the lighter was closed once more.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

A quiet forest in Karakura, nothing much to see on the surface besides the tents, cabins and ever looming branches of the trees. However, some say that there’s more to see beyond the human eye. It’s speculated that many years ago, an unknown spirit roamed the woods, only appearing in front of those who have fallen injured or sick. The spirit is described to have long spindly arms and legs, skin rough like tree bark but complexion a deep mix of purple and blue. Its eyes yellow and bright, shining like the sun even in the dark of the night. It’s also described to walk on all fours, crawling close to the ground as if a snake had grown legs. Upon appearing, it will hold out its hand, though due to its off putting appearance, many have denied the spirit’s hand, and under some speculation, causing their own demise and resulting ultimately in them becoming ‘of the forest’. It’s unsure what’s to happen should one take the spirit’s hand, speculation leads to the fallen being given immense luck, causing them to leave the forest alive, others speculate that regardless, the fallen become one with the trees that surround them. Due to the uncertainty of the story, throughout generations it’s been warned to treat the forest with respect, in the case that the spirit is actually real… Though at times, some say that they can hear the branches whistling in the dead of night, unsure if it’s the spirit’s sweet blessings, or a plea of warning…...

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread