(In-Game Name):
Reinahx

RPName of Club Leader:
Khadijah Alioua

Discord Tag (Discord#0000):
Reinahx#0069

Club name of the club you are applying for the leadership position:
Literature Club

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?
I believe I have a well mature mindset and way of acting that would be beneficial when owning a club as I will be trusted to meet requirements and to not abuse this role and opportunity given to me whereas I also have been a member of SchoolRP for longer than most so I’ve become accustomed to its rules, system and in general how to roleplay so I will be able to follow what is expected of me more efficiently than those who have not played as long. Another fact I’d like to state is that I know I have the creativity to keep up with club events and meetings which would allow for the ability of multiple meetings and frequent use of the club room but if at any point I start lacking in ideas, I know I will be able to rely on the current and even the future members. I will do all I can to promote communication and bonding between the club members, creating a safe and fun environment for all those who decide to give the club a chance but as well remember my limits and do all I can to the extent of my role. Unlike many others, I am a long-term member and have been a member since before and even after the clubs’ concept change for almost 6 entire months, since it was still a performing art’s club as its designated Vice-President.

CLUB INFORMATION

What is your motivation for becoming the new leader of this club
:
As you may or may not have noticed, I have already applied for a club before hence my interest in applying again because I really enjoy the concept of being a club leader but had difficulties in finding a club that could fit into a school environment and have had the honor and opportunity of applying to take over a community such as this one. A club with so many possibilities and high chance of further development like this would be put to waste if not continued and I want to be given the chance to show that there is potential within the members and the literature potency to improve in all of them. I believe that I’ll be able to increase and maintain activity while keeping events and meetings surrounding literature concepts, growing everyone's interests in reading, writing pieces and as well grow their knowledge about literature in general such as strengthening their ability to seek literary devices, how to use them or even the history behind literature. I have so many current ideas that I’d like to be able to put into action with the other members and goals for the club that I don’t want all of our journeys together to end with the past President’s resignation but instead to continue the opportunity she left behind for us.

What activities will the club do?:
MONTHLY COMPETITION // SUMMARY: As to add an exhilarating challenge that involves a point system to being a member in the club, every meeting there will be moments where you can gain points from winning in activities, answering questions correctly or just even making the meeting when most others couldn’t and at the end of every month, I hope to have a ‘Bookworm Of The Month’ board where below will be the name of the club member of the month who deserves to be noticed for their participation and efforts towards the club and rewards will be prepared but are subject to change at any point.

Listed below will be club member activities but as well can/will be incorporated with the system above...

TESTING YOUR BOOK KNOWLEDGE:
  • A fun and small activity for the club members during a meeting would be doing a KAHOOT activity with questions based from well known books or readings.​
  • Another small activity where the club President will read off sections from poems, novels or writing pieces and it is up to the members to go against each other to figure out from what book and so on, that the piece was taken off and read from.​
GROUP ACTIVITIES:
  • Study about literary devices and work with one another to create writing pieces based on the literary device taught during that specific meeting. An example being, if we were to learn about how a hyperbole is used, the members would try to write with exaggeration and then later read aloud what they’ve written as well as even at times, multiples devices will be instructed to be used together and then everyone will be able to hear the fruit of everyone’s efforts.​
  • A teamwork activity where we would all work together to create a mini book/writing piece via google docs or as a presentation which would take over the timespan of a few weeks and meetings and then at the end of every month, we would read aloud our final creation and hopefully post it as a thread for everyone to read if we are granted the ability to.​
  • A trip to Dokusha Kafe as I am aware the café is intended to be based on an environment where book lovers alike can come to enjoy the selection of reading material they have, where we as club members will rent their books for the duration of our visit whilst enjoying some snacks and drinks, making small talk with one another. I see this activity as more of a bonding opportunity where the members can become closer to each other while still staying within our club boundaries.​
SCHOOL EVENT:
  • MAKE YOUR OWN HAPPY? ENDING // Summary: Our members of the Literature Club will dress as characters from say, ‘Romeo and Juliet’ or even ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’, and they will proceed to act out a few scenes as instructed by a designated narrator where they will follow the most known ending. What the other students will be assigned to do is, they will each be given a book and they will be instructed to write out their own ending of how they’d like to see the ‘play’ to be acted out and turned into as long as they follow the lines of the actual written piece and the best ones as judged by the club members, will be acted out and then the student’s will get to vote which new ending was the best and the winner(s) will be given a prize by the end of the event.​
How will the club benefit the School?:
There’s a club for those who like gaming, a club for those who enjoy the outdoors and even a club for those who enjoy writing but where would those who enjoy simple reading or want to one day become a novelist be able to go if not for this club. This is a safe environment for those who want to share their joy for Shakespeare, poems and novels to those who as well enjoy the same interests as them and grow from the experiences they’ll be able to partake in. This club will not only allow for character development, but it would as well ICly be a club beneficial towards the professors and teachers as I intend to incorporate learning sessions at times within the club to help the characters become better readers and grow their interests towards literature. I want to put my creative mind to the test and use it to create as many memorable memories and events for the club members and as well those who participate in our excursions and moments, all in all, do my best to make use of our opportunities to the fullest.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:
There will not be any major requirements but just that they apply with even the slightest interest towards the club’s concept and join with an open mind; with the ability to keep up with their activity and actively participate in meetings as often as time allows them but if at any point they will be inactive for a noticeable amount of time, be responsible enough to notify the club’s President.​

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted!
Congratulations, you've been accepted to lead the Literature Club. DM me at sophia#3114 for your roles to be set up.

Users who are viewing this thread