IGN of Club Leader:

Yoral
RPName of Club Leader:
Etsu Kira
Discord Tag:
Kaguya#1814

Permanent Discord invite to the club discord:
https://discord.gg/M7xggJ39by

Why should you become a club leader over other applicants, what abilities or ideas do you have that could benefit the club you'll be in charge of?
I am confident that my passion for literature and experience running a school drama club for two years will be valuable assets to the Literature Club on SRP. I am excited about the opportunity to share my love for literature with fellow enthusiasts and assist them in their literary pursuits while also improving my skills through roleplay and other activities. With my leadership, communication, and organizational abilities, I am ready to collaborate with other members to create a fun and enriching environment for everyone involved.

EditResizeModelShowcase2.png
CLUB INFORMATION

What is the official title of the Club
:
The Literature Club

Your current members RPName & IGN:
Etsu Kira - Yoral
Dusty Dummy D. - CADFishphy
Beau 'Apollo' Solas - Realsheepy
Ulka Sapana - Chelaan
Akiro Hashiro - Vmxlv
Nozomi 'Nomozi' Stark - JediWolphy
Judy R. Jones - Blossom789

The club supervisor's RPName & IGN:
Asuka Deguchi - Alimonino​
ModelShsdsadasdasdasowcase1edit(1).png

What is your motivation for creating this club:
My goal is to create a welcoming and fun environment where fellow roleplayers can explore and learn about different genres of literature.

Through active participation in the club's activities, I plan to introduce members to a wide range of literary forms, from simple poems to deep philosophical works, and encourage them to share their thoughts and opinions. I believe that this will not only enhance everyone's understanding and appreciation of literature but also provide a unique and exciting experience for fellow roleplayers.

In addition to exploring literature, I plan to create engaging discussions and meaningful discourse with fellow members to enhance everyone's understanding of literature as a whole. My ultimate goal is to foster a positive and enriching environment for literature enthusiasts and provide a fun and enjoyable space for fellow roleplayers to connect and have fun.

In summary, if I were to be the leader of the Literature Club on SRP, I would be excited to have the chance to combine my passion for literature with roleplaying and create an inclusive and welcoming space for everyone to enjoy.

What activities and events will your club do?:
Club membersSchool-wide
Scheduled Short Story Ana-lysis

This activity will most likely be conducted on Discord and In-Game using text channels for ease of access. Each club member will be assigned a short story, poem, review, or other text and given 7~ days to write a brief ana-lysis. The length of time can be adjusted to accommodate members' schedules. The task is not too demanding as I believe everyone has their own unique perspective on literature. Club Members will be able to submit their work any time before the due date.

Book/Story Discussions

The club members will meet to participate in a "show and tell" style activity where they will share their favorite recent pieces of text. This activity provides an opportunity for members to express their interests, showcase their favorite literature, and gain inspiration from others. It also promotes a sense of community and encourages members to explore different genres and authors.
-
In addition to the above ideas, we can organize themed book nights or parties where members can dress up as their favorite characters from books such as “Harry Potter” or “Brave New World” and enjoy food and drinks inspired by the chosen books.
Writing Workshops

In order to foster creativity and improve writing skills, The Literature Club can arrange writing workshops or contests that incorporate fun mini-games. These activities provide a chance for students to learn new writing techniques and practice their skills in a supportive and engaging environment. Through these events, students can receive feedback on their writing and gain inspiration from their peers (and maybe win some neat prizes). These activities will not be only informative and educational but also fun for the participants!
I believe that having a consistent writing workshop would be a great addition to the club, especially considering the success of previous workshops.

Poetry Slam

Students will take part in a poetry competition where they can share their own pieces of work in the gymnasium. A group of selected judges will evaluate the entries based on actions while reading, unique expressive tones, use of words, and overall literary quality. The competition will be score based (/100). The best poem performances will receive prizes such as money and items.

How could your club benefit the School?:
Beyond the in-game benefits, the Literature Club can help retain players' interest in the server and teach valuable real-life skills through roleplay. By combining the excitement of roleplay with a love for literature, the club has the potential to provide a unique and enriching experience for players while also benefiting the school community as a whole. Given that the server is text-based roleplay, many players may already have an interest in literature. This club can provide a platform for those who are serious about literary writing to connect with like-minded individuals.

How would your club use the club room the club will be assigned?
Personally, I prefer a packed style, something that really crams together different interests and showcases them perfectly. I think something that mixes both modern architectures with traditional design would fit nicely for the club. We could also set up a story submission slot at the front of the room (if allowed) for anyone to throw personal books into and for contests.

This is a small quickly-made example for reference
*depending on the size of the room, I would love a formal side and a more relaxed area like the one shown above.

What will be the requirements for future members, if any?:
Base Requirements
Age - 14+
10+ Classes Attended
Clean disciplinary record (few recent detentions)

Ongoing Requirements
Complete every basic club task (unless given a pass with reason)
Be in-game at least 1 day a week (unless given a pass with reason)

I would also like to incorporate some form of accessory for club members later down the line.

To prevent the club from dying out quickly like previous ones, I think active advertisement would be necessary. We can showcase members’ works on Onrain and collaborate with other clubs to promote each other and increase notability.

Out of 9 people I invited to help start the Literature Club, 6 agreed to join. This shows the potential for the club’s success. By regularly advertising and using the tools available to us as players, alongside regularly asking around, we can expand and attract more members at a consistent rate.

I also know that my account may be pretty new to the server, but I have extensive experience in roleplay servers and once I start something I rarely stop doing it. This server has everything that I look for in a roleplay experience, it is truly one of a kind.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,

Etsu/Yoral

Thanks to ZekesHairyBalls - Proof Reading
Alimonino - Proof Reading, Assisting with Visuals/Artwork, and Giving Critical Feedback
DummyForFun - Offering Great Suggestions and Proof Reading

Last edited:

Customable

Level 135
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, however, I have decided to deny this application due to the following:

- The past 4 times I have had a literature club, they have all failed after a few weeks, I feel as if literature doesn't have many things it can include which members will view as fun less than a task

If you have any questions, please contact @customable on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread