players online

[LIVE] Karakura News | A Speech from Akihito and Moralez

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+

[OOC: THIS IS A LIVE BROADCAST, TREAT IT AS ONE ICLY]

*A scene appeared on your TV screens, and news apps on the phone. Mayor Akihito was present at a desk, in what looked like a meeting room. He had a plate of donuts and a microphone in front fo him.*

*Mayor Akihito cleared his throat and began speaking, in a calm tone from him.*

"Good afternoon, citizens of Karakura. I would have much rather preferred giving this speech in public but because of the current situations. . .the riots, and the slander. . .I believe it is a better choice to broadcast this live on screen. A few days back, a blackout occurred across the city that happened for ten straight minutes, uninterrupted and timed perfectly; we sent a team to investigate the issue and it appeared to be a malfunction with one of the main generators, but the issue was addressed as quickly as it possibly could have been."

*Mayor Akihito's tone shifted, and raised as he continued on*

"Those six-hundred seconds of darkness we experienced truly showed how dangerous this town has become. If ten minutes could wreak havoc among the city as easily as it did on that night, what would an hour do? What would one day do? We're trying our best to purify this town from the constant violence and criminal influences; but, it is becoming near impossible with the uncoordinated feedback that the city tried to impose upon our police department. What truly laid in the motive behind the actions of that riot?"

*Akihito adjusted the microphone and shifted a few files to the side, now speaking his mind*

"Was it a desire to join a hive mindset? Was it a concern rooted in the elaboration of power across our city officials? Was it a deeply-rooted desire to simply live in a city free of these horrors? My judgment lies in that it was likely the lattermost; and, that you all desire the same in which I do. It is within my jurisdiction, however, that I must admonish these violent behaviors — the delivery of this message was inappropriate. These officers work through day and night of unruly hours, risking their lives to protect each and every one of you individually. They work to protect you all as you sleep beside your loved ones in the care of your homes. . .they work to protect you all as you attend your workplace and your school and your duties. . .they work to shape this city into something salvageable. . ."

*Akihito furrowed his brow and resumed*

. . .I am certain we can all recognize what Karakura would be without our police department. You may be vocal about your concerns regarding their power and their means of repairing what this island has broken upon itself, but you cannot tear down the force that keeps this city moving. The citizens of this infamous city, acknowledged by the rest of its peers of other prefectures in only curses and hatred, are divided in their morals and their values. . .and this divide has to lead to our present. There are those who crave violence and there are those who crave peace. These are distinct, discrete, and opposing values that throw us off an edge. These are contrasts that cause what we experienced during those riots: innocent lives injured, peers harmed by the one thing they sought to piece back together, and outspoken groups who were given a free pass to shout about their horrific justice. The message, while we recognize fully through your efforts on that day, was delivered improperly and at the stake of people's lives. My one true wish as your mayor is to work together, beside you, and reside with you, in repairing Karakura like how you wish for it to be. Help us. . .so that we can help you, so that we can understand each other and communicate with each other. When you draw a curtain of havoc and unorganized terror across our people, you do not repair what has been broken. I want to work together with whoever I can to help this city and to help its people. . .we, your government, want to work together to help this city and to help its people. . .us, the citizens of Karakura, a damned island that many look down upon. . "

".we want to make a difference and pray that our divided differences can unite by respectable means. Thank you."

*Finished speaking, with a firm nod to the audience, gathered his paper, and moved off the screen. . . .*

*As Akihito left the screen, Governor Malachi Moralez moved behind the desk. He adjusted his tie and nodded before speaking *

"Hello, people of Karakura. As what has been stated previously by your Mayor and multiple reporters but also witnessed by you, the people; It is apparent that the recent riot has brought to light a growing problem in Karakura. While the peaceful protesters stood and chanted for change, it was undermined by the criminals that infected our town."

*Moralez then cleared his throat, looked down at the desk, and then back up to the camera*

"What at first was a true display of the people of Karakura begging for change quickly turned into a chaotic showcase to display that as long as there are people that wish for change, there will always be others that oppose it. I was present for the blackout and given only ten minutes without the fear of consequences, chaos transpired its way into our home. Then, when the riots at the Karakura Police Department started, again. People who desire panic and use it to their advantage; seized the moment at the police department and showcased to us firsthand what our officers deal with on a daily basis I commend the officers and EMS for showing such bravery during the riots but I also commend the citizens for speaking up on how they feel about the issues of the town. It is obvious that though the riots were infiltrated causing our officers to respond, the message was still there. The people of Karakura want change. They desire change. And for change to happen, we must work together. But not as separate entities and believe that we are opposing each other but instead realizing and understanding that we are after the same goal."

*Moralez then nodded, and the screen faded off onto a black screen, with the words KARAKURA NEWS in neon purple. Then it changed to a random segment about the weather.*

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread