lobsterrgod (alt im applying on)
lobsterrdog (main)
lobsterrdoggy (dog alt)

Discord:
lobsterrdog#5392

How old are you?:

What is your time zone?: EST +1

Describe your activity on the server:
On a scale of 1-10 I would describe my activity as 9/10! I spend every day after school (7-9 hours) on SRP and spend my whole Saturdays on it too (10-12 hours), however I do sometimes take off Sundays for religious reasons. If there are no IRL interferences I will be spending my time on SRP.

Have you ever been banned:
No, and I don’t plan on it either.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge and accept this as a consequence of inactivity.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Caretaker

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Caretakers are responsible for taking care of the school grounds and making sure it is a clean and safe environment for all the staff and students. They are an integral component of faculty by helping students find their way around, cleaning up messes left behind, and patrolling around campus. They are also helpful for other faculty with being able to support them during difficult situations such as students fighting or simply making sure faculty have all their appropriate resources. Overall, caretakers simply take care of the school, especially when other staff have other responsibilities to attend to.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
Before SRP my roleplay experience mostly consisted of DMing for my own DND campaign amongst close friends and sometimes doing one-shot campaigns with people online. Other than that I’ve been extremely involved with roleplaying on SRP. I’m currently very involved with FamilyRP and RomanceRP and I’ve recently found an interest in AnimalRP as a service dog, GangRP with creating/managing my own small gang, and SportsRP with DetailRPing on the swim team.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
To be frank, I’m bored. There is only so much I can do as a Grade 12 and the Service Dog character I created to relive this boredom isn’t making the cut. I need something genuinely productive to do during school hours and joining the School Employee faction just seemed to be the logical choice to me as it seems to be a very rewarding and fun faction to be a part of. Not to mention this role would give me a chance to have new roleplay experiences and expand my roleplay knowledge.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
lobsterrgod (applying account)

JSL Language Application [Accepted]
lobsterrdog
French Language Application [Accepted]
JSL Language Application [Accepted]
Third Language Application [Accepted]
Russian Language Application [Denied]
Russian Language Application 2 [Accepted]
lobsterrdoggy
Service Dog Application [Accepted]

Service Dog Application 2 [Accepted]

What are your current role(s) on the server?:
lobsterrgod - Grade 11 (applying account)
lobsterrdog - Grade 12 [Swim]
lobsterrdoggy - Dog

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Soda would be taken aback by this comment, but wouldn’t allow it to show. He would allow the student to finish their rant before speaking, “Now, to my understanding you may be having a bad day and that’s alright. It's okay to be angry, however,” He would sigh, “it is not okay to be cruel.” His gaze would harden as he continued, “You are free to talk to a counselor or a member of faculty that you trust about any personal issues you may have,” he would pat his pockets, making sure his detention slips and his sparkly gel pen were tucked in his pocket, “however if this behavior becomes a pattern I will unfortunately need to see you at detention.” If the student refused to comply after receiving the warning then the threat of SLT would be the next step. Soda wouldn't allow the student to see that he his hurt by their comments, staying stone faces throughout the interaction till they've either calmed down or found themselves with detention after school.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Soda would use his radio attached to his hip to let his colleagues know of the fight and where it was before approaching the fight himself. He would attempt to wedge his way between them, not wanting anyone to get hurt any further, especially if one student was clearly dominating the other/one student wasn’t fighting back. Once the fight was broken up between the two he would get the story from each student who was involved. He would lecture the two on solving their problems in nonviolent ways- “You can both think of some ways to deal with your issues in detention!" and he would hand them both detention slips written in a sparkly ink.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Soda would pull his colleague aside in order to not embarrass them and to not let any victims (if there are any) be uncomfortable in their presence. He would then ask them why they would do such a thing and inform them of how dangerous/inappropriate that action is, "We need to be the adults here and set good examples, now what do you have to say for yourself?" he would want to hear their explanation before anything else, but no matter the explanation he would explain to the employee that he would be informing higher ups about the situation and that he is extremely disappointed in them.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Soda would first make a beeline to any potted plants in the room, making sure to water it and give it a mini check up. His next stop would be to make himself a cup of tea before attempting to chat with his co-workers, glad to be able to talk to people his own age rather than rowdy kids. He would be desperate to talk about anything other than work and perhaps chat about shared hobbies, but would be open to lead an ear to any rants his co-workers had about the work day. If he was in there alone he would enjoy the silence, yet stay by the plant for it to keep him company as he sipped on his tea.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:
/me would roll up his sleeves with a sigh as he stared down at the mess left behind on the tables from lunch; half empty energy cans, orange peels, empty marshmallow treat wrappers, and- footprint marks…? He would chuckle to himself as he shook his head, &f“Why on earth there would be footprint marks on the table of all places?” &uThe man would look down at the bucket of supplies he brought with him, making sure it's all still there so he wouldn’t need to make a run back to the supply closet in the middle of cleaning …again. He started with tossing any miscellaneous garbage left in the trash. Soda would take a half empty spray bottle of all surface cleaner and spray down the first table, using his favorite forest green cleaning rag to wipe away all the dirt and grime that it accumulated on the table over the course of lunch. He would set himself in a steady pace of repeated action; spray, spray, wipe, wipe. Over and over again, unless there was some harder to tackle mess where he would bring out his trusty scrub brush to help him in his battle for cleanliness. Cleaning the whole lunch area alone was no easy feat alone, but Soda was able to manage and just as he was admiring his hard work he noticed a student throwing books all over the ground, even sneaking some into another student’s back pocket. Soda would sigh as he placed his cleaning supplies into their bucket and trudged over to collect the discarded books.

/me would roll up his sleeves before he picked up the pool cleaner net from the ground. He looked out at the school's pool where student's where snickering as he tossed their fishing rods into the water. &f"Alright clear out everyone!" &uhe would yell as he shooed off the snickering students, &f"If you want to fish the go to the ponds at the back gate!" &uAs the students trailed out the pool area he would take his pool net and maneuver it out to the water, attempting to scoop out discarded trash left behind by the students. Pulling at the end and thrusting the front part forward in order to get the net under the soggy newspaper before it was able to slip away. &f"Aha!" &uSoda would cheer to himself as he fished out the trash from the pool. He would really his net back

/me would hum a tune of a song he can’t &oquite &uremember and bob his head to the melody as he pulled on the weed that grew it’s way into the beautiful courtyard. Soda would frown when the weed wouldn’t pull from its hold. A frown would slip its way onto his usually face as he glared down at the weed before going to pull at it again, this time no better than the last. &f"You little...." &uHe would roll his drooping sleeves up to his biceps, ignoring the dirt that got onto them in the process, and pulled up his way too big yellow gardening gloves to get a better grip. With one hand after the other he gripped the weed and propped his foot up on the base of the flower bed before &opulling &uas hard as he could! Before Soda even knew what was happening he tumbled backwards, falling straight on his butt with a &lCRASH &uas gardening supplies went fumbling everywhere. Soda looked around the room knowing this was just gonna be more for him to clean, but... He would look down at his head and see that pesky little weed in his big rubber palm.

In-Character Section

Full Name: Soda Hayashi
Title: Mr.
Preferred Name: Soda
Academic Degree: Bachelors
Major(s): Horticulture
Minors: Communications
Nationality: Japanese
Known Languages: Japanese and JSL

[!]
There would be a messy stack of papers hidden beneath the rest, it didn't seem to really fit in next to the resumes and other important documents. The first page would have the words "Memoir Work in Progress" written in big bold letters.

"Born in March 3rd, 1990 Kasumi Soda Hayashi was born in rural Japan to his mother and father, Haru and Akemi Hayashi, who owned and ran a small floral shop. Being the born the only female of that generation Soda would eat, slept and breathe flowers as he was expected to take up the family's floral business. Soda never question this, not knowing he really had a choice in the matter; everyone in his family went down these paths and he though that he needed to do the same.

At the time his education was limited to high school since any near by collages where too far and too expensive for the family to attend, but it's not like a higher education mattered in his family, no one had gone off to collage in years as all they needed was that little ole flower shop, until the shops revenue slowly came to a fault. There was only so many times that someone needed flowers and usually during the off seasons the family good still power through, but even during the best of holidays they could barley make enough to manage. So, around the time Soda was 10 their family sold the flower shop and moved from their little, rural town where everyone knew each other to the not-so-nearby, bigger city. Here, Soda was allowed to meet new people and experience new ideas; his mind was hungry to learn as much as it possibly could and absorbed all the information it could fit. Being exposed to this new environment allowed Soda to blossom, wanting him to do as much as possible at every given chance.

During his time here he began to grow annoyed at the use of female pronouns, and the feminine outfits he was squeezed into everyday. He begged his parents to stop and dress him up like all the other boys his age instead. His parents grew annoyed at Soda's insistence of his correct gender, they where worried as to where this seemingly sudden pushback came from and searched desperately for a reason for this behavior. Being the old fashioned folks they are they blamed it on the new, location poisoning their child's mind. Soda and his parents played a game of mental tug of war with situation till Haru and Akemi where at their wits end, being scared and confused for their child's psyche they moved back to their small town when he was 17, and took up multiple jobs each to keep up with bills. Akemi tightened his hold on Soda, making sure his mind wouldn't be poisoned again by shutting down any more gender talk and teaching Soda to be the perfect wife. Akemi's harsh hold on Soda's light forced Soda to learn to shove his feelings down, ignoring how he felt in benefit of others.

Soda's parent's practically controlled his life, deciding every option for him in his life, to his job, where he lived, and who the was going to marry. By the time he was was 29 he got married to a man he never loved and had two children which he, frankly, felt indifferent about. His life was always someone else's idea, never his own. One part of his life that wasn't completely miserable was his life as a caretaker for the only local primary school. Not many people find much please in taking care of and cleaning after children, but Soda did. It was one of the parts of his life that he truly chose to do! It was his way of helping others when he couldn't help himself it made him feel as if he was truly making a positive impact on people's lives.

His life stayed this way until he decided he wanted to furtherer his education, after discussing it with his husband they both agreed that Soda could go back to school, under the condition that he would also need to pick up a second job on top of the one he already had as a caretaker. Soda wasn't happy with this arrangement, but sucked his feeling and buried them down in deep, like he learned to growing up. Soda majored in horticulture as farming was the only thing he really knew and minored in communication as commination was something that began to peak his interest, it seemed like a way for him to communicate with other people, to understand and learn from people he probably never would understand. He drove hours too and from the nearest community college to attend classes as much as he could, studying as hard as he could while also juggling a job as a gardener for a private school and a caretaker for a primary school.

His job as a gardener was nowhere near as enjoyable as his job as a caretaker, but he made it work. Soda had always enjoyed gardening as it was something he was good at and was a good way to just turn off his mind and go through the motions of life and such, but with garden job was tough! The students of the school found it very assuming to play cruel pranks on Soda such as tampering with his tools, placing buckets of compost above the supply room door so that it fell all over him, spraying the school's garden with bleach and, tearing up the garden themselves under the guise of "just picking a few flowers". These where all extremely stressful for Soda, as he wasn't sure if he could report these actions to anyones, the students always got let off with a slap on the wrist and a warning to not do it again. Soda needed this job and adored the garden he has cultivated, so he wasn't gonna let some rowdy kids ruin his time here. Soda ignored the children's antics, assuming they would give up and when it didn't work he would take matters into his own hands. One day while pacing up his gardening supples earlier he noticed a student inside the supply coset attempting to unscrew the blades off his earning sheers. He was able to catch the kid before they ran off and sat them down to talk. The two had a heartfelt talk about why what they're doing his bad and just because they don't really get punished for it doesn't mean what they're doing isn't wrong. Soda never got a real answer as to why, just a shrug and a soft mumble of "Dunno?" Soda sent the kid on their way and made sure to report the prank attempt to SLT, knowing nothing would be done but still wanted it on record. The pranks toned down after that incident and Soda likes to think he was the direct cause of that.

During his time in collage he made plethora of friends and built a community outside of his small town where he could be himself, whoever that was. A particular person that went by the name of Kyo truly opened Soda's eyes to how much of his time that he wasted. Kyo was a transwoman who wasn't afraid to be open about her gender, her openness and acceptance in her own skin and her own identity amazed Soda, his life filled with denying that part of him and shoving it as far down as possible. He talked to her a lot about her gender, a bit too much for any supposedly cis person, it got to the point Kyo asked him point blank if Soda was trans. Soda denied and denied till he couldn't anymore, "What does it matter." He said after she was done teasing him, "It's too late for me to do anything about it anyways..." Kyo stared at him blankly, examining him and his words. "It's never too late to be you." was all she said as a response. Those words have never left his mind.

By the time he finished collage we was about 32 years old, his 33rd birthday just around the corner he had a realization of sorts, he is miserable. He didn't want to continue living as a miserable wife, with miserable jobs, in a miserable town. The advice his friend Kyo gave him played in his head like a broken record, never leaving his mind since that day. His life was already set in stone and that it was probably too late to go back now, but he didn't care. And so, he left his old home, his family, and everything he once knew and booked the first flight he saw, took bus after bus till he couldn't recognize any street signs or any passerby and decided this would be his new start."

Motivation for Joining KHS:
“Karakura is completely different from what I'm used to. I’m in a completely new town, around new people, needing change. This is the change I want, nothing that’s throwing me down into completely new territory, but something that’s fresh and where I truly believe I can grow into my own person. And as I grow I want to give back; help the town that's helped me in a way I know I can. I truly do just enjoy helping people and a job where I can just help people by cleaning up and taking up the responsibilities when no on else can seems right up my alley.”

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
“Yes, I worked as a caretaker for a primary school, most of my job was cleaning up messes and tending to the small garden they had set up. I have also worked as a gardener for a private school during my years in college, but private school kids aren’t the nicest to the gardeners… It was an extremely toxic work environment that I, frankly, wasn't a fan of. Unfortunately I needed the money so I stuck around till I finished my degree.”

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
“I believe that my experience in a school’s environment and eagerness to grow will allow me to truly flourish in this position. I’ve cleaned up enough messes and broken up enough toddler fights, which are more vicious than you would expect, to meet the qualifications for this role and I'm willing to go above and beyond as I am an extremely passionate person. I truly want to help people, students and faculty alike, to allow them to grow in a clean and safe environment."
────────────
Extra:

Additional notes about your application:Additional details added to backstory/ motivation, additional applications added (JSL and Service Dog #2), dog account's username change
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

Mariav

Level 211
itsmariav
itsmariav
Omega
Accepted

Congratulations, you have been accepted for the role of Caretaker! Please ping mariav#6666 and link this application on Academics Discord to get things started.

Users who are viewing this thread