mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied LocalBrokenHeart | Priest Application!

cloudyhearts

Level 9
GangRper
GangRper
Notable
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

LocalBrokenHeart

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
cloudyhearts#8038

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
My time zone is BST/GMT

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
Luckily, I have never been banned from the server so I do not have any previous bans to list.

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes, I do have a microphone.

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
On the server, my activity is anywhere from 7-9 hours a day. Currently, I have an account associated with the government faction so I tend to be found roleplaying on there.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
I am applying to become a Shinkan.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I've been a priest previously, reaching the rank of Guji before departing to continue my character's story. In the position, I learned everything about the Shrine. I know that Shintoism revolves around spirituality and supernatural entities called Kami. Shinto means the way of the gods. It has no founder and has been found to combine with Buddhism. Shintoism has multiple gods, about 8 million as in Japanese culture 8 represents infinity. Anything can be a Kami but the religion is devoted to nature and nature-related things, so Kami tends to be mountains, rivers, trees, etc. The Shinei Seinaru Monastery worships the mountain goddess Chiharu-Yamatsumi, who used to be a yokai. The religion itself originated in Japan, and worship is required since it brings you closer to the Kami as well as you and nature becoming "one". The public shrines are staffed by priests known as Kannushi, and they are those who oversee offerings of food and drink to the kami enshrined at that location. Shintoism is Japan's largest religion, the second being Buddhism which is what is partially combined with Shintoism. There are various rituals that take place in Shintoism, common rituals that are seen include dances, rites of passage, and seasonal festivals.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I believe my past experience working in the shrine and my activity are fitting for the role. The character I'm applying with used to be the Guji at the shrine, and I believe that his story and adding him back into the faction would fit his lore. I'm motivated to apply for this position so I can continue working on my character development, giving him something familiar as well as more opportunities to interact with others. I am well educated in Shintoism. I've found myself more often than not spending time at the Shrine and interacting with those who work there and visit, reminding me much of the time I used to spend as a priest. I want to return to the faction and give it my all as a priest, teaching others about the religion and partaking in events.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I acknowledge and accept that I have to attend training and be taught more about Shintoism and the procedures accordingly.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Yukio Popovich

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
I am 36 years of age

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Taken

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-547-2189

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation for applying is actually fairly simple! After quitting the Monastery a while back, I took some time to work on the problems that were occurring at the time. My stress levels had skyrocketed, and I couldn’t find myself wanting to stay even though the shrine was something I enjoyed, and was full of wonderful people. After taking the time I needed to work through it all, I’ve found myself feeling much better and ready to return to something I love. Another motivation I have is to witness the changes that were made while I was away, and hopefully be able to participate in any changes that are to be made. The Monastery is a wonderful place, full of nature and history, and I would like a chance to help preserve it and teach others once again.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The monastery was built on June 6th, 744 and finished in the winter of 762 A.D in the Daichi Mountain. The monastery initially had been built for Buddhism until Shintoism merged into it. Buddhism had been the main focus for a few years up until Shintoism took over. A priest burnt down the monastery, enraged by the misconduct of the citizens of Karakura who lost interest in the religion and the shrine. The gods who had stayed there were forced to flee, deeming the shrine unsafe for them to visit- although one stayed. Chiharu-Yamatsumi. The twin of this Kami, a yokai, grew jealous and vengeful of Chiharu-Yamatsumi's good fortune as a Kami, resulting in Karakura's 'curse' of constant rain and bad luck throughout the town. Eventually, the Saiky family had taken the Shrine into their hands to rebuild it into what we have today. The Shinsei Seinaru Monastery is the only connection left to Karakura's Kami.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery Lead,
I am writing to you regarding a position at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery as a Shinkan. I’m interested in returning to the shrine and continuing my journey as a Shinkan in hopes of reaching internal peace once more and teaching those in need the ways of Shintoism. I’ve always loved my work at the Shrine, and I was saddened when I had to leave due to my previous stress. I’m feeling better now and would love to return, witnessing the changes that had been made to those who live here and who visit, I would like a chance to preserve it.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Yukio Popovich was born in Kyoko, Japan into the Higuchi family. His parents were strict, pressuring their kids from early on to get married with kids to continue the family’s name. Yukio was the first child to be born on December 11th, followed by his brother Hachirou and his younger sister Seiren. Katsumi, his father, died in a car crash shortly after the siblings moved out. In school, Yukio had no friends and pushed himself to focus on his studies and working instead. The only friends he really made were those in college, which was a big turning point for him. During his time in college, he started forming an addiction to alcohol, and anger issues which he hadn’t quite noticed before became more apparent in his life. During his time in college, he met a woman named Hana Shikichi. They got along fine, Hana introducing Yukio to alcohol and creating a small friend group where Yukio had been used to help talk them out of trouble whenever the police had shown up. The alcoholism caused both of them to spiral often, landing them in the hospital. The two of them ended up getting married once they found out she was pregnant. He began his own family, his wife giving birth to their child Kairi. Shortly after Kairi was born, Yukio adopted Maemi, Hiromi, and Rei.
The family unfortunately began to fall apart, Yukio divorced Hana when he was 32 years of age- fourteen years of marriage that had been broken apart due to finding out that Hana had been cheating on him throughout their marriage. She had never truly loved him. Yukio moved to Karakura shortly after the divorce, working at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery shortly after.
Upon moving to Karakura and working at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, Yukio found himself at peace. During his time at the Monastery he made plenty of friends and found someone who he loved- Pavel Popovich. They fell in love and spent time together whenever they could, Pavel’s job in the Police department being a bit difficult to work around with what was required of him. Eventually, Yukio ended up leaving the shrine faction to focus on his relationship with Pavel and his family. He spent time with his younger sister, who had followed him to Karakura and ended up joining the hospital faction. It was only a matter of time before Seiren had become a surrogate for Yukio and Pavel, giving them a child to cherish and love. With time, Yukio and Pavel left Karakura on a honeymoon, getting married and spending time together. Unfortunately, during their trip, Pavel lost his Visa and he was sent back to Russia- unable to return to Japan with Yukio.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

A Shinto priest is a person responsible for the maintenance of a Shinto shrine, leading the worship of a given Kami. To become a priest in modern-day Japan, they need to pass examinations given by the Association of Shinto Shrines. The tests are available for both men and women who want to become Shinto priests. The Shinto priests are in charge of purification rituals, officiating shrine ceremonies on behalf of and at the request of worshippers, as well as helping take part in cleaning the Shrine and carrying out their tasks. Their main role is to ensure the relationship between the Kami and those who worship through offerings is strong and satisfactory. Priests are thought to have the closest connection to the Kami, so activity is important.

Shrine maidens, also known as Miko, are typically the priests' daughters. The shrine Maidens perform sacred dances known as kagura to satisfy Shinto gods, take part in weddings, help to perform cures, and organize religious ceremonies. The maidens are found at times going out into the town to water plants and talk to those interested in the religion, although generally, their duties stay up in the Monastery with cleaning the grounds, performing small tasks such as morning and evening rituals, and hosting tea ceremonies.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
When you approach the purification trough, the cleansing ritual starts by taking the ladle in your left hand, scooping water out, and pouring it onto your right hand. You repeat the process by switching the ladle to your right hand and pouring water onto the left. Once more water is scooped out, you bring it up to your mouth, swishing it around, and spitting it out onto the rocks. To complete the ritual, you tilt the ladle up and let the water stream down the handle, and put it back down.

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
Offerings to the Kami are typically in yen, although it's also acceptable to bring them food such as fruit, rice, or sake. When you first enter, you present your offering to the Kami, placing yen in the box and any food is set to the side on the table. You ring the bell once doing this. The ringing of the bell wards off any evil spirits and purifies the place for the Kami's arrival. Once you're done ringing the bell, you bow twice and clap twice to express your appreciation to the Kami. Generally, you want to keep your hands leveled with your chest and about a shoulder-width apart. When your palms are set together, the right hand should be positioned just a bit below the left since the left hand is said to represent the Kami and the right hand represents the one praying. You say your prayers and, upon finishing, you bow once more.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The guests are to take a seat on the tatami mat, sitting in a seiza position. Once they're given the tea bowl with the front facing them, they take it with their right hand and pick it up, placing it in their left palm. They turn it 90 degrees clockwise with their right hand so the front doesn't face them, and take a few sips of it before it is returned to the tatami mat. They bow in thanks once they receive the tea and complete it. Lifting the tea bowl once the ritual is finished allows the individuals to inspect the bowl and admire it. Once the tea ritual is completed, the bowl is rotated so the front faces the host, and if the guests do not want any more tea, the ceremony ends and the host washes all the equipment used to make the tea.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

A Tamagushi is an ancient offering made from a sakaki-tree branch. If you don't have access to a sakaki-tree any other evergreen trees such as cedar, fir, and oak can be substituted. It tends to be decorated with silk, washi paper, or cotton shide strips. You can make it larger and more complex with red and white fabric alongside asa wrapped in a ribbon, and two shide. It's presented to the Kami at Japanese weddings, funerals, and other Shinto events.

The Ofuda is a talisman issued by a Shinto shrine. It has the name of the shrine or enshrined Kami written on it alongside being stamped with the shrine's seal. Ofuda are charms and wards that bring good luck and have a significant relationship to Shinto shrines.
They can be placed in a house or carried around.

The Kagura Suzu is a set of twelve bells used in the Kagura dance. There's two forms of the Kagura Suzu. The larger form can be hung in front of a Shinto shrine and sounded by a robe or ribbons that hang within reach of the worshiper while the smaller one is held by the Shrine maidens in rites of passages and celebrations at the temple.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
REVIEWED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Shrine, after discussion your application has been DENIED

Amazing application, and loved the prior experience however unfortunately at the moment we are currently full on Priest positions at Shrine, however we implore you to re-apply when more positions become available!!

Users who are viewing this thread