Notable+
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
3/28/23

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Reset the Long Jump leaderboard

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Let's be honest here. None of these people realistically got 2000 blocks (when there's only just 13). Give some room for the Track-Team to actually set sick records!

1680048629223.png

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't see any reason the leaderboard should even be there in the first place, because instead of a test of skill people just hold W + SPACE for a while until they get the maximum possible distance, then call it a day. Eventually, the list would fill up with identical times (just like it has in the past prior to the bird cheese) and then we'll basically come to the same conclusion, an unchanging board that is moderately annoying to look at.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
I don't see any reason the leaderboard should even be there in the first place, because instead of a test of skill people just hold W + SPACE for a while until they get the maximum possible distance, then call it a day. Eventually, the list would fill up with identical times (just like it has in the past prior to the bird cheese) and then we'll basically come to the same conclusion, an unchanging board that is moderately annoying to look at.

Although true, I’d like to believe that this can spark competition between players over the smallest millisecond. There are some serious parkour nerds (me) around here who would be interested in getting top 1 even by the smallest second. You can doubt it, but I’ve seen it happen in communities (cough trackmania cough)

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Although true, I’d like to believe that this can spark competition between players over the smallest millisecond. There are some serious parkour nerds (me) around here who would be interested in getting top 1 even by the smallest second. You can doubt it, but I’ve seen it happen in communities (cough trackmania cough)
The issue is that players would get the highest possible distance at some point pretty quickly after the reset. If the long jump worked on a system that didn't allow players to just hold W + SPACE and semi AFK until they got high scores then it would be cool, but I genuinely don't see anything competitive about the current longjump.

Users who are viewing this thread