players online

Denied Lore Application #2 | KnotAlive

kustomzero

Level 127
circusjax
circusjax
Omega

IGN: I have 2 accounts, KnotAlive and KnotDead

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team) KnotAlive#8433

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord? I don’t have a microphone due to personal reasons and I don’t speak in VCs because of that. However I can join calls and listen if needed. I can also communicate via DMs or servers.

Your time zone and current country of residence: I'm currently in the residence of North America with the timezone of CST.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/cultality-lore-team-application.49147/ [Denied]

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team? I do understand for any reason, I may be removed from the community team.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team. Well for starters, everyone has an outside life, and that includes me. I have school and work, which will affect my development for the team. Though I only work on weekdays and school is during weekdays as well. However, on Fridays-Sundays I’ll be seen as more active during those time frames.

What makes you passionate about writing?: To be honest, here, you can do anything when you write. It is your little world and you can create whatever you imagine. However, where did I get my passion from? I got it from the lore of Karakura, lores of families, lores of gangs; almost every lore that’s been created in this community. It gave me a passion that I can do this as well. It also gives me the motivation that I can hopefully create lores for the community to help its experience stand out more.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: I do! Ever since I started creating my own families, own biographies I’ve gained knowledge and experience in writing lores for them. I also have experience outside the server as well, during school my teacher gives us Fridays as a creative writing day. One of the most recent lores I’ve made was for my family. You can check it out here: https://schoolrp.net/threads/the-discovery-of-the-ingannamorte-family-knotalive.53179/#post-177743

In your own words, give your definition of lore: When I hear the term lore the first definition that comes to my mind is a timeline representing a certain event. For example, the Karakura history lore. From my perspective it’s set as a chronological timeline to inform the readers of what they’re reading about. However it doesn’t always have to be timelines of events, it can be counted as a book. Lore is your world, you can create almost everything you can think of.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Prompt #1
(725 Words)

It was around midnight no cloud in the dark abyss was seen. Crows would fly around the plaza of Karakura while late-night civilians chattered about. A man in his early 20s walked the perimeter, he had mid-length auburn dark hair tied loosely into a bun. A strong scent of cologne and cigarettes followed him with every step. His dark clothing made his aurora off, taking a closer look a scar was covering half of the man's face. In his hand rest a lit cigar, as ashes fell to the ground with every bump he motioned. Waves of laughter, music, and car engines, would be heard around the social spot. Interrupting the moment, his phone dinged. Pulling it out he read the message stating, “Meet at the church.” Now moving the cigar to place between his lips, he’d take a long puff before exhaling the smoke. Leaving the horrid smoke fading into the atmosphere. As the male was about to take a leave to the location he was given, another male approached him. “Hey, babe.” He’d turn to the male that stated that; now looking at the figure was a blonde hair guy with a fantastic jawline, complimenting his eyes. Moving the cigar to the corner of his mouth a small smile would be seen. “Hey hun, what's up?” The male would look up at the sky exhaling the smoke once more. “Nothing much I just saw you and wanted to come to say hi. Were you about to go do something?” The male would look down back at the figure, “Ah I see, yes I was about to go do something. I’m sure we can catch up later, hm?” The figure nodded as he gave the man a quick kiss on the cheek before walking off. He grabbed his cigar lightly from his mouth dropping it to the ground. Now taking his foot, to smash the bud. Shoving his hands into his pockets the male made his way to the church as he was told to. On the way there, it was quiet, not many civilians roamed outside the social spot at night. Around this time is when the dark side of Karakura comes out to play foolish games. After some time making his way to the church, another civilian stood outside the gate. “Go inside.” That is what they told the male, he’d nod heading inside as he saw two other civilians. Sitting down beside them, the male kept quiet not knowing what this was all about. The man that was outside the church entrance soon made his way into the building, standing at the front. He’d listen to the man at the stand, before he knew it the male at the front mentioned his name. Stating he was a new ‘member’, the females beside him gave a welcome. Stepping down from the stand, the male took out a mask with a cross on it, and placed it over the new member's head, knocking them out cold. After what seemed like hours, the male finally woke up in an area he wasn’t familiar with. Several cloak figures stood in front of him, all in white and one in black. Muffled murmurs would be heard from the individuals, as a lighter and a bottle of alcohol were pulled out. The black figure approached him, now pouring alcohol over him. “This alcohol is flammable, and if you don’t cooperate with us. We will sacrifice you to our god.” The cold liquid would be felt trailing down all over himself, his hair drenched in it. Now reeking with the horrid alcohol scent. The figure now stepped back to its original position. “Do you know why you’re here?” The male shook his head still confused about why he was there. The black figure looked at his companions beside him. “You applied for organization, Triad. Right?” It now came to him that this is why he was here. Now nodding. “Good, now you should have a clearer understanding of why you were brought here. We will be asking you some questions, if you answer anything wrong we won’t hesitate to sacrifice you.” The male nodded, now answering any questions he was asked. The time that went by felt like hours, but before too long the male completed the orientation process. He resumed his normal life like nothing ever happened.

Prompt #2
(399 Words)

Karakura is known for its cultural traditions over the years. Although there has been a said folk-tale clan that goes by The Miyori Clan expanding its population over to Karakura to hold their said traditions there. Let’s start where it all began...

What is the Miyori Clan? The clan is made up of members who originated from Tashirojima. The Miyori Clan had their own shrine called “The Miyori Daimyojin Shrine”. They would host events including their feasts and traditional dances to worship their god. The clan's god was Kami Nekokamisama, the god of bounteous fishing. One of the most popular traditions was the dances they held. For instance, whenever they lost a member the clan would host a dance tributing towards the fallen. One night a cat came to the Miyori Daimyojin Shrine during a storm. Sadly, the cat passed away there, the shrine then evolved into a shelter where its members took care of any cats that came. Soon the Miyori Clans leader was given an order from the gods that the members must worship the cats at the shrine for good fortune and luck, but to pay respect to the fallen. Its leader then decided to expand its culture, soon migrating to a small island.

Now the tale states its leader chose a random group of members inside the clan to take their culture to Karakura. It was the mission of its leader and Kami Nekokamisama. The Shrine located in Karakura was the perfect place, right at the top of that outrageous, glorious mountain. The group soon began to migrate over to Karakura, continuing their ways now following the Shintoism ways.

Once the group arrived in Karakura they realized the small island wasn’t a safe place. Due to the high crime rates, the Miyori clan decided that good fortune and luck weren’t worthy to everyone. The 2nd leader of the Miyori Clan in Karakura decided to hide their ancient heritage away. Only the wise and trustworthy ones deserved to hear the truth from the Miyori Clan. Rumors say that if one can find a Maneki-Neko in the Shrine and worship it to Kami Nekokamisama then fortune and luck might come that way. However, a rumor states that if fortune and luck are given to the wrong individual... Kami Nekokamisama could turn against its own clan. Causing it to destroy the heritage and traditions its held for centuries.

I thank you for taking the time to read my application. I wish all the other applicants good luck. I look forward to seeing my result. If you have any questions or concerns, DM me on discord. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
The r
easons for your denial include:
- The first prompt was not formatted to the lore team's liking as it was one giant wall of text with no paragraphs
- The second prompt was quite underwhelming and there was a lack of plot​

Users who are viewing this thread