Level 155
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
IGN:
DarkEclipic

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
DarkEclipic#3032

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yes, I have a mic, I enjoy getting in voice calls

Your time zone and current country of residence:
CST(USA)
(I work overnights so Sunday-Thursday I usually am on from 8 AM - 10 AM/12 PM,
And Friday and Saturday I am normally on from 8 pm-4 pm)

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yes, I do understand that I could be removed from the community team at any time.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
As I said in the Timezone, I do work overnights IRL and work 40+ hours a week, so that would mean that I am normally on a lot on the server during the mornings or at night.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I first got into writing when my dad was going through his Master's/PhD while I was growing up. Writing is a side hobby I have that helps me escape from the real world to express my emotions or thoughts are experiencing. I do have a few stories that I have been writing for the past 8-10 years off and on. I write about a range of topics from Romance to Suspense and everything in between. I love making background and worldbuilding for worlds and characters, they make the world alive.

When I found SRP, I was looking for a Roleplaying server that would cause me to think on the spot about characters, and situations, to be able to create a story with others who are able to do short, long, detailed, fun roleplays and everything in-between.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Yes, I do have experience in writing lore. A store I have been writing about(one of the ones in the previous question) I have been world-building the map, religions, characters, and everything in between for quite some while. If you wish more example, please DM me!

Sample from said story:
'When the world was created, there were three major kingdoms. The Kingdom of Light, Kingdom of Darkness, and the Kingdom of Ice. The Kingdom of Ice was on a separate island north of the mainland, they weren’t part of the war that would plague the world with pain and fear to come. The Kingdoms of Light and Darkness had been in an ongoing war for the first few decades. The King of Light had one child, his son that he had called Lekki Ray, he normally wore heavy armor of a bright white iron and carried a Claymore on his back. His short blond hair was spiked in the front and his green eyes sparked through the darkness that had overcome their kingdom. Lekki had gotten a letter one night with the stamp of the Darkness Kingdom, he had opened and read the letter, he was being summoned to the forest between the two kingdoms. Lekki had been having issues with his father for the past few years. He had started to grow a hatred inside of him, after his mother passed away everything started going downhill. When he met with the Lord of Darkness, there was his own son standing next to him, Ciemnos Shadow.'

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is a part of world building to where it gives the locations and characters in that world a form of history, a voice to give out answers and even more questions. It is the backbone of any location/character, to see the emotions, their feelings, their motive. It gives the setting of the story for how the other NPCs act with certain words are spoken to put more atmosphere.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Early morning in mid-spring, the rain came down from the clouds above. She pelted the female's face as she ran, her bookbag clutched to her chest as three masked figures ran after her. The water getting into her eyes, she tried to clear them with her sweater, but it was wet. It only made things worse. Running through an opening, she would collapse to the ground. The zipper on her bag would break and the contents spilled on wet concrete. She looked from her opened bag to scan her surroundings. The female’s face would pale as she now knew where she was. The Powerplant is a notorious place for thugs and gangs alike to ‘deal’ with people.

“Tsk, such a waste of a life. Hold her down.”

The thug on the right spoke as they all wore a black and white mask, his eyes were a dull brown and filled with anger. All three men were in blackened shirts and pants, red designs going along the right side of their chest. The man in the middle walked over to the woman, grabbing her orange hair. Wincing at the grabbing of her hair, she would try and scratch the male’s hand, but that would only cause him to pull on her hair harder. The last man walked over to her, lifting his right foot, he would bring it down on the woman’s chest. Causing the wind to get knocked out of her from the single kick, she tried to call out for help. But no words escaped from her throat, the man kept kicking her in different parts of her body. His mud-caked boots were all over her clothing, but he soon stopped as the first man walked over with a pocket knife in his hand. Pointing the knife at the woman’s throat, he would give a small chuckle. Seeing her face swelling up from the kicks and punches she received.

“We will take our reward now. Find her wall-urk!”

Letting out a loud grunt, the man was pulled back into a chokehold. From what the female could see, the one holding the thug with the knife had bright eyes and matching hair. It was her classmate, the thug holding the female let go to help his friend. She would take the chance to crawl back and away from the situation. There were more voices coming from the entryway of the powerplant. Trying to gather her things in her state, there was a soft hand was placed on the female’s shoulder. Jumping from the touch, she would calm down a bit to see her classmate smiling at her.

“Let’s get you to the hospital, shall we?”

His voice was soft and soothing. His right eye would show signs of swelling and a cut would be along the side of his neck. It beaded blood as the rain from above would wash it away almost instantly. Helping her stand and gather the rest of her belongings, they would start to make their way towards the nearby apartments.

(words: 505)

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines

Karakura, filled with gangs and thugs alike. But sitting on top of the mountain would be the lovely Shine that is a hot spot for most who come and visit. With the hot springs, many sitting areas, even the Dojo. After the fire of the shrine, all Kami left the shrine and left only one, the mountain Kami. It left the town and surrounding area in darkness, soon the people started to turn towards crime as the darkness and the influence of a different kami hit their hearts and souls.

Amatsu-Mikaboshi, August Star of Heaven, is a Kami of Evil and of the stars. With the crime of Karakura happening mainly at night and under the stars in view of the heavens. It makes sense that the Kami of Evil would be an influence on the citizens. The mountain Kami had already been punishing the town below with hellish weather, giving in to the dark atmosphere going over the innocent souls.

As Amatsu-Mikaboshi pulled strings of the nightlife, another Kami filled those in her light and her warmth. Amaterasu Omikami, the sun goddess and chief leader of the deity of the faith. Giving those in sports motive to wake up in the morning, give them hope and warmth to move on with their day. Giving the faculty hope for another good day and the police hope of a better day than of the last. Leading the departed souls to the afterlife and beyond. Those who follow her and guidance of her wisdom, giving them a better living life and a even better life. She has one thing stopping her from reaching those who had lost their way. The Star of the heaven. Through the battle of night and day, the two would fight and pull souls towards good or evil. But only time will tell on which Kami will overcome the other, or if another would enter the fray of battle.
(Words: 321)​

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
The reasons for your denial include:
- Both prompts lacked proper execution. They had an interesting concept, but the execution was underwhelming.
- It is suggested you include more details in your prompts, especially the second.​

Users who are viewing this thread