players online

Denied Lore Application | Ordinqry

imgayforwomen

Level 108
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
IGN:
Ordinqry / sjnr (I will be applying with Ordinqry)

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
hye#2148

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Absolutely! I am comfortable with joining VCs and speaking on call.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
I currently reside in the USA. My timezone is EST.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
Lore Team Application - DENIED
Lore Team Application - DENIED
Lore Team Application - ACCEPTED

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

I am fully aware of this and I understand if I have to be removed (provided with valid reason).

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
From my knowledge at the moment, I know for a fact that school will definitely take up a lot of my time: from 7AM EST to 5PM EST. At the moment, the only thing that is taking up my time is school and extracurriculars, however, I am still generally able to keep up with deadlines if given.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing is fun for me, personally, when I'm writing freely. As I mentioned in my previous application, I do not like writing when it comes to school writing. I don't like the formatting of it. However, from the short experience I had in the Lore Team prior to me quitting the server, writing is something I enjoy when I don't have these major restrictions.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Absolutely! Many on the server already know me as the astonishing School Journalist Eichi Blackburn! I've been in the journalism club for over a year and even had the fortunate chance to lead it. I've also been a part of the Lore Team a few months prior. I do also enjoy creative writing in my free time to just put out all of my stress and anxiety.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
My definition of lore is that it's writing but it's a specific type of writing. It's writing that tells a story, it's interesting and it tells you things. You can't just write an argumentative essay and say it's lore. Creative writing isn't always lore either. Lore is writing that tells you what occured or how something originated. Origin stories could be considered 'Lore'.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

It starts with a councillor. This young man had quite the interesting personality. He was known in the councillor world to be a rebellious, strict person. This, is the story of Eichi Blackburn... and detention. Eichi Blackburn, a 22 year old college councillor, weirdly not kicked off yet, was hosting after-school detention one day. Other than another councillor, there was no one else in charge. Blackburn had all the power he'd ever wished for. He controlled every horrible student who came through those doors.

One of those people, being a young 18, maybe 19 year old. His appearance matched one of an anime character. Eichi, reasonable but strict, gave him a detention task. However, this young man, he refused. Claiming to be god, he refused to do this tedious and insignificant task. Eichi, slowly getting madder, handed him the same task, compelled him to redo it. Once again, the 'god'-like being refused, seemingly proud of himself for doing this.

Now, Blackburn here, he doesn't like joking around. Or maybe he does. He challenges the 'god' to do push-ups. Mere pushups? That's nothing.. or is it? The 'god' laughed at him and got out of his seat and did the 50 push-ups requested. Blackburn told him: "Give me another 200. Since you're so... godly." The boy took it as a challenge. Slowly, but surely, the 200 push-ups had been completed. After all of that, his arms ended up shaking and sweat dripped all over his clothes. The boy was clearly tired. Blackburn was not done, however, not even close. He requests another: "Give me another 500. Then maybe I'll let you off with a warning." Was this another challenge? The boy thought so, at least. He dropped back onto the floor, already weak from the previous 250 push-ups, though he pushed through. Did he really believe himself to be god? The other councillor in the room was watching this occur, though thought not to intrude. It seemed quite interesting, though scary to mess with Eichi Blackburn.

Only a few minutes before the school gates were closing and detention was ending did the boy finally finish the remaining push-ups. He struggled to get up from his position and stumbled across the room, banging on the detention room exit: "I can go now. I finished your push-ups." His arms fumbled next to him, given that he had no remaining strength left in his body. His legs were weak to the point he could barely keep himself upright. His anime cosplay was ruined by the sweat that he had exuded. Eichi Blackburn, though could not make this boy complete his detention task, made him do something so much worse, and that made his entire day.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

(I am not actually sure if there is any lore on the beach, but here is my interpretation)

The Beach of Karakura, though small, is very vital to Karakura's history. When people initially discovered this land, first steps were set on the Karakura Beach. The island was a very small area, perfect for a small city. The Japanese government decided to begin civilization on this island. When the city was finished with its construction, it was populated by only a small number of people, less than ten thousand. The process of getting people onto the island took decades, and because of that, the explorers that came onto the island to begin with, died.

A government was slowly implemented, allowing them to choose a leader and know what to do for the future of Karakura. The city continued to improve slowly, though the beginning of Karakura, the beach, had slowly been forgotten. Some people were able to visit the beach from time to time, though it was not a famous landmark to visit. It was not until the 20th century before this finally changed. After so long, the beach finally got the recognition it deserved.

When civilization became more and more stable in Karakura, people began to realize the beach actually existed. The mayor acknowledged the beach and the reality of the size of the beach and began construction to allow the beach to become a venue or a getaway. It took almost half a century to finally finish the establishment of the beach.

In those years, they were able to create many different entrances to the beach, allowing for people to freely walk into the beach. They set up volleyball courts for the Karakura Highschool Teams as well as anyone who would just enjoy playing volleyball. They created a football field nearby for anyone who'd like to play, due to the only other football field in Karakura being in the highschool. They constructed a Basketball court, hoping to be able to promote Basketball and its low reputation in the city. They added a lighthouse at the end of the beach in order to help passing ships. Not only that, they constructed a waterpark for people to be able to go to rather than swim in the ocean.

After many more years, the aquarium was created, after the realization that there was a lack of fish in the area. How did they get the fish in the aquarium? We don't question that. People slowly got more compelled to visit the beach, making it, at the time, one of the most populated areas in Karakura. In the 21st century, the mayor added a pier to the beach, along with many carnival rides. Now, people don't only go to the beach to play in the water or get a suntan, but instead, make it a place of enjoyment and a place to visit with friends or family.

However, after a few years, the new mayor paid less and less attention towards the beach, and the fame of the beach gradually went down. Instead of it becoming a place for hangouts, it's become an alternative for school teams to practice and for people to have a chance to enjoy sports outside of school.

DISREGARD APPLICATION

Last edited:

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
As much as your writing is perfect for the server, you have left the server, unfortunately.​

Users who are viewing this thread