Accepted Lore Team Application #1

untinseled

Level 19
elizacinth
elizacinth
Notable
IGN: Olzweig

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): untinseled#1312

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?: Yes.

Your time zone and current country of residence: PST :: USA.

Link any previous community team applications if applicable: N/A.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?: Yes, of course!

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team: I’m entering my junior year, arguably the busiest time of my life, and I also have other extracurriculars. I do marching band, book club, Science Bowl, as well as a few other activities that I dedicate my time to. However, I am sure to adjust and spare time accordingly.

What makes you passionate about writing?: I’ve been writing since I was young, and since then I’ve never really stopped. Ever since I was a kid I’ve loved getting lost in fantasy universes in my head, and especially putting such on paper. Writing stories and other things have long been a favorite of mine during my free time, and I oftentimes will create a new Google Doc, write something, then delete it later after I expressed what I wanted to. I use writing as a coping mechanism, an extracurricular, and a fun medium of expression. To me, I see the activity as something to be made into an art, rather than be seen as a chore. Additionally, I’ve always taken advanced ELA courses, and my teachers’ criticism as well as expectations push me to putting more heart and time into my writing.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?: Not professionally, persay, however I do. As mentioned above, I’ve written since I was very, very young. The most ‘official’ examples I can think of are from when I was in middle school, I was selected to present my poetry to school faculty and fellow students as a part of a specialty program our school offered. Additionally, however, I have written unofficial lore documents and helped others with writing lore for a few projects my friends have launched previously.

In your own words, give your definition of lore: Lore is everything in worldbuilding. It is, to me, the most important part of any game, movie, TV show: anything in media. Without lore no story would be complete, and it is necessary in all aspects of all kinds of literature. It is what defines and shapes a story to be what it is, as well as is the defining factor for whether or not something can be truly great. Whenever I play a game or such I mostly look at its lore and spend hours upon hours reading what it may entail: giving it great significance to me. Lore is the make or break of anything.

WRITING PROMPTS:

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

His faulty heart pounded in his chest, blood roaring in his ears as he evaded yet another stab aiming for a vital area. His blue eyes were wild, fervently darting around the area before him as the man swung his own weapon, hoping for its blade to embed itself deep in his opponent's flesh. Under different circumstances, he may have considered it near beautiful, the way their movements fluidly complemented one another. It was an exchange of strike, parry, repeat. Strike, parry, repeat.

Zakary Monet was fighting for his life, every second ticking by shifting the tide of whether he would emerge victorious or left as a memory. The only thing on his mind, in the moment, were the smiling faces of his family: he loved them dearly and would fight until his last breath just for them. His fingers tightly squeezed the handle of his katana, bloody skin cutting through the air as he aimed to slit his adversary's throat. He had failed, again, the misfortune leaving him startled as impatience began bubbling within him. Not only impatience, however, but also fear. It struck cold deep within his chest, a startling pit forming as he realized this was it. There were no second chances, no re-dos.

With that in mind, the sound of steel crashing rang out into the air as their katanas met. So focused on not allowing his own blade to drive him to his death, he barely heard the figure rapidly approaching from behind. His eyes shot wide as he finally registered the footsteps echoing against the concrete, although it was much too late to act.

The cold, biting feeling of metal through his neck was something he could never forget. His eyes slowly drifted down just to see a katana painted crimson sticking out of his jugular, horrifying thoughts flashing that it was his blood coating the blade. All too quickly, however, the sword was withdrawn with a terrible noise and his mind went blank as his legs folded beneath him. Zakary was sent crashing to the ground, laying in a pool of his own carnage. It was hard to tell how he felt in the moment, unable to feel much at all. It was much too quiet, and he almost wished he could hear the cacophonous symphony of the war once again. He barely registered the figure before him crouching down, dull eyes watching the blade being stabbed into his forearm as his hand instinctively dropped the katana within it. The people around them watched on with horror, too afraid to act. Instead, the spectators stood, watching as the young adult began to bleed to death before their very eyes. Some filled with guilt, others shame, yet the subject of it all could not even see it as he was quickly lifted into someone's arms.

A friend? A foe?

A thick trail of blood covered the asphalt of the road as the boy was transported, vision beginning to waver with his hope. He was tossed harshly into an alleyway, the concrete cold against his bloodied back as he laid there. What he did not see, what he did not hear, was the group of people slowly approaching the entrance of the long passageway. He could just barely make out the figure a few feet away, katana clutched in his hands as he screamed incoherently at the people grouping up at the other end of the alley. Zakary shuddered with a fear only those dying could feel, and he gathered all of his strength left to make one final stand.

A hoarse, shattered scream rang out into the night air, a desperate cry for help. It cut through the symphonies of battle, through the horrifying noises of bloodshed and violence. The song of a boy desperate to live triumphed the rest, echoing against every surface it could reach.

The last thing the boy saw before his vision left him was the face of a man, determination written across his features as his voice resonated within the alleyway.

"Give us the kid."

[WC: 676 words]

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
Every year pink, white, and red d**** the Karakuran piers in celebration of Valentine's Day. Specifically, a celebratory picnic area decorates the very top of the lighthouse. What many are not aware of, however, is the specific reason as to why the spot was chosen. Some say it's the most romantic, others say it's due to the great views from so high up, and some even criticize it due to its terrifying heights. This tradition, however, is rather attributed to the olden days of Karakura, tracing back hundreds of years to a love story between two celestial beings.

. . .

Long ago, there lived a lone tennyo atop the mountains of Karakura bordering the beach. She saw many come and go, travelers oftentimes making pilgrimages to her shrine in order to meet her. However, none stayed, and she wished for nothing more but to have a companion. Her days without the people she served were lonely, her unspeakable beauty wasting away inside the solitary confinement of her shrine. Yet, one day, a man by the name of Yukari hiked up the treacherous path of the mountain, finally having arrived at its peak. He had been there for a spiritual pilgrimage, encouraged by his father- a priest. The maiden slowly emerged from her shrine, and as Yukari's eyes landed upon her, he immediately fell deeply in love with her beauty. A lotus blossom was held in her hands as she approached him, preparing to answer whatever question he may have had. However, he sought only her hand in marriage, despite how outlandish it may have seemed. A human falling in love with a tennyo was unheard of, especially a human of his background. Yet, his teachings could not overpower his desires, and he found himself wanting to stay with her.

The maiden was surprised when she heard a loud noise the next morning, swiftly exiting her shrine to see the same human from the day before outside. She was interested in him, never having had someone to stay before. She approached him once again, lotus blossom in her hands as she sat beside him gracefully. The pair spoke for a while, her offering him celestial wisdom and him offering her stories of his village. Soon hours passed as if minutes, and the moon rose once more.

Yukari and the tennyo began the domestic cycle of waking with the Sun, then speaking with one another until the Sun set again. It had been many moons since he had returned home, however, and one day the maiden exited to see him looking down at his village with an expression of longing. He had not expressed his sorrows to her before, yet she knew of his humanly desire to see his family and his neighbors. Silently, she approached him, sitting beside him yet again as she silently listened to the stories of his sisters.

The human's love grew for her each day, and the tennyo found that she too began to reciprocate such feelings. It was a mutual exchange of intimacy and devotion that was left unspoken, all until Yukari decided to offer himself in marriage to the maiden. He took her to their quiet spot on the mountain, looking out at the ocean as he pledged to dedicate himself to her always. She was overjoyed at the prospect of spending her days with the man, although he was only human. Yukari celebrated his new bride after her quick agreement to his offer.

In the following week, the human felt as though he would need to tell his family of his engagement. Having brought up his concerns with his beloved, she agreed to arranging for a ceremony to be held to celebrate them as a couple. However, concerns arose as she was forbidden from traversing too far from her shrine: the village itself was much too far below to be a plausible venue. As Yukari looked out toward the ocean once more, his eyes caught on the tall lighthouse that had been erected the year before. After receiving the tennyo's approval, he set off to write letters to be sent to his family below.

On February 14th, the couple were wedded atop the tall lighthouse. Celebration filled the air that night, streamers of pink, red, and white strung all across the building as Yukari and his bride were showered in praise and congratulations. The ceremony marked a bridge of love between humans and those above humans, something that would forever be preserved as a symbol of everlasting endearment.

To this day the lighthouse still stands, and some say that around the anniversary of their wedding, the stars shine brighter than ever upon the couples celebrating where the maiden and her husband were married.

[WC: 787 words]​

Last edited:

Demurity

Level 35
Accepted
Congratulations, after a full discussion with the team we've decided to accept your application. Apologies for the long wait but welcome to the team! DM me at sophia#3114 to get all your roles set up.

Users who are viewing this thread