Denied Lore-Team Application #2 | stefhanie

funerals_

Level 21
IGN:
stefhanie

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:
steph#2041

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:
I live in the United States, my timezone being MST (BST-7). I am active during 12PM - 12AM on and off throughout those hours. The only thing that would not make this true are things such as family lunches or anything of the sort.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:
Yes, I have a high-quality microphone! I am on Discord nearly 24/7, so I won’t miss any announcements, meetings, or DMs.

Do you recognize you could be removed from community team?:
Yes, I do.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team:
I’m almost positive nothing will get in way of my development on the Lore Team. Obviously of course, when school starts back up I will be busy with that, alongside homework. It’s possible I’ll be getting a job, but due to my age, I won’t be working all day every day considering the laws of my state. I also am on my highschool’s Cross Country team, but meets are only in the mornings from 8 AM - 10 AM, so that shouldn’t affect my activity. Aside from those things, I should not have any excuses to fully commit to the Lore Team.

What makes you different from other applicants?:
Considering who I am, just a teenager who enjoys playing Minecraft - I don’t find myself much different from the other applicants. However, I do know a few things. My commitment to the Lore Team will not falter under any circumstance. I know what I am getting myself into, and I am fully ready to take part in SchoolRP's Lore. I really enjoy writing small novels and backstories for my characters, and I often help others’ with theirs as well. I’m confident in my grammar knowledge, however I’m sure there are always things I can learn to strengthen - making my writing even more interesting for the reader.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Writing to me is something that has always had an impact on my life. Sure, people may think I’m simply
over exaggerating on that statement, but I am being truthful. When I was in second grade, I used to make small novels about made up Minecraft characters who would venture across a Minecraft world, fighting creepers and exploring in horrifying caves. Writing has always been my little world, something I’ve been too shy to express.

Even now, the creativity and artistry of writing excites me so much that I unfortunately couldn’t put it here in this application. The familiar feeling of picking up a pencil and looking at a blank page, or resting my fingers on the keyboard of my laptop brings a sense of happiness that could honestly make my day. Reading this out loud to myself, I probably sound like I’m crazy, but writing to me is something I can always go to, regardless of my mental state or emotions.

The idea of working with people who have the same passion, is a dream I thought wouldn’t be possible. Sure, I have a few friends, but they don’t really get my mindset when it comes to writing. But the fact of working and brainstorming alongside people who share the same interest, that’s something that never can be replicated.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
Biographies, short stories, backstories, you name it; are all things I am very familiar with. I always write some type of story for each of my characters, containing primary events within their lives that build up their character traits, personality, and demeanour.

However, I have not written any official Lore for things such as for servers or video games, but I’m an easy learner and will pick it up quickly!

What is lore to you?:
The traditional definition of Lore is a body of traditions and knowledge on a subject or held by a particular group, typically passed from person to person by word of mouth or writing. To me, this can go back years and years into the past, like a father telling his son a story about himself, and it continues to be passed down throughout the family bloodline. Lore can also be a type of report almost, giving the specifics behind an event that took place in the world, or even in fictional places such as Karakura, Japan, or a fictional character.

Considering I have never been involved with official Lore projects - I know I still have lots to learn about Lore, and I’m positive I will pick up those skills without any issues.

WRITING PROMPTS

Write a 200-400 word story for a day in the world of Karakura.

The consistent Beep! Beep! Beep! of Chidori Shimizu’s alarm clock echoed through her bedroom as it persisted to make the loud, unnecessary noise to awake her from her beauty sleep. As Chidori reached her left arm over to her nightstand, blindly hitting the surface in attempts to silence the clock, she briskly slammed the OFF button. Her eyes fluttering open, her jaw extended as she yawned, stretching her arms upwards before slowly sitting up. Completely aware of her messy bed-head, she combed her fingers through her hair as she glanced over at her fellow friend and roommate, Hana Watson. As per usual, Chidori flipped her bed covers to the side, stepping into her bright pink fluffy slippers before walking over to her closet. As she scanned through her clothing items, she moved hangers across the wooden rod that held up her clothes. After a few minutes had passed, Chidori grabbed a put-together outfit, laying it on her bed as she stepped back, examining the pair. Content with her choice, she swiftly removed her pajamas, slipping into her newly picked outfit for the day. Her fluffy slippers dragged across her bedroom as she walked over to her door. She twisted the doorknob slowly, as well as opening the door in hopes to not wake up her roommate. As Chidori closed it gently behind her, she walked down two flights of stairs to the main sorority bathroom, she greeted a few of the other girls who happened to be preparing for the school day as she was. Brushing her teeth, throwing up her hair, and applying light makeup, Chidori walked out of the bathroom, heading over to the main door of the sorority. As she slid her feet into her shoes, she grabbed her school bag off the hook above the shoe rack with her right hand. Chidori opened the door, her chin held high - beginning to walk to school.

The school day for her was as average as any other student, running into nasty Highschool Cheerleaders as they spit insults back and forth to one another, heading to college classes, catching up with her friends - nothing too out of the blue, fortunately for Chidori.

When Chidori arrived home at the end of the day exhausted, of course, she kicked off her shoes and dropped her school bag by the door. Dragging herself upstairs to her bedroom, she fell backwards onto her soft, comfortable bed, taking a few breaths - relieved to be home after a long school day. Chidori soon sat up, removing her clothes as she put on some baggy sweatpants and a T-Shirt, heading back down the flights of stairs to grab her school bag. As she lugged it upstairs, she laid out a few textbooks and notebooks, ready to do her homework. As a few hours passed, the sun went down and the street lights flickered on as Chidori closed her textbooks. Returning her supplies back into her school bag, she climbed into bed, a short yawn coming from her mouth as she set her alarm clock to go off yet again at 6:00 AM. Rolling over to say goodnight to her roommate, she closed her heavy eyelids, drifting off to sleep.

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like gardens/classrooms). What makes it special? Why?

There are countless beautiful places in Karakura - whether that’s the architectural aspect of the school, or the colorful sight of the stores in the Shopping District. But time after time, the monastery has always been my personal favorite.

The mountain in which the monastery is located, is a very beautiful location - one that many find pleasurable to the eye. Before you approach the top of the mountain, you are greeted with a classic Japanese archway, indicating the beginning of a very large staircase. The higher you get, the heavier the sight of flowers and Japanese lamps become, bringing a low sense of light and a peaceful environment. Halfway up the staircase, there is a long, stone tunnel, in which is lit up with dim lamps, allowing it to give a small glow from the outskirts of it’s sight. Almost at the destined location of the monastery, a large wooden bridge is spread across the vast gap between the mountain, a view of the city and trees below. As you walk up the final set of stairs, your eyes are immediately introduced to a large sakura tree, the small pink petals spread across the stone and grass below it - the tree branches twisting through each other in between each collection of petals. Shifting your gaze to the right of the tree, there is a small traditional Japanese building filled with chabudais, accompanied by small zabutons on each side. Returning to the tree, to the left of it is a small, open building. Inside, there are multiple wooden cards hung around the interior, each having hand-written wishes on them by a citizen in the past. However, returning your attention back over to the Sakura tree, there’s a large monastery sitting on the mountain looking down at the small buildings. The monastery features pure style shrines that include natural wood, thatched roofs, and horns that stick up from the top of the roof. All of these physical aspects bring the whole monastery together, originating from a Chinese descent - concluding the whole mood of the mountain. Lastly, to the far left of the monastery, there’s a large cave with walls etched of an ancient prophecy from what seems to be years and years old.

The monastery is a very, very special place to Karakura. Take the wooden cards, for example - each card holds a genuine wish from a citizen, in hopes that it will come true one day. Even the small building filled with chabudais holds memories of gatherings and events of citizens from a certain day. The monastery by itself is what brings the whole mountain together - each building, tree, structure, you name it… are all connected. Not only that, but the monastery is known to old sacred objects from ancient times. Each object has a story of its own, and the fact of this alone is something that no other physical location in Karakura can compare to. The spiritual connection that is tied between the visitor and the monastery whilst visiting the location is something that can leave anyone speechless. There are endless things that can be described, from the few flowers along the staircases, to the Japanese structures - each aspect of the mountain is special in its own way.

After everything I have just described, I’d like to give a few reasons on why the Monastery is superior in speciality to other locations such as the school, the hospital, or even something as simple as the forest. Whilst the school or hospital of Karakura can be known to be very lively places, filled with hospital staff or school employees, patients or students - there are no particular objects or places within the buildings that hold a deeper meaning to the citizens of Karakura. Now of course, classrooms are the main place where each student strengthens their knowledge about any subject, but there are more negative outlooks on topics such as school rather than visiting a relaxing setting such as the Monastery. Same thing with an Emergency Room - lives may be saved every day in those rooms, but each memory also carries trauma and sadness. While the forest can be full of small animals and beautiful waterfalls, it’s also known for the amount of murder and gang activity deep within the trees. Any location is unable to compare to the Monastery, no matter the circumstance. Only peace and spirituality lives within the mountain where it takes place.

Users who are viewing this thread