────────────────────────
Jimmy's Lore-Team Application
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IGN:

Glazebury (Main) / jeemay (Alt)

What is your discord name and tag (name#0000)?:

glaze#5830

What is your timezone/What country are you from?:

My timezone is GMT+2 and I'm from Egypt.

Do you have a microphone and are able to speak VIA discord?:

Yes, I have a working microphone and I'm able to speak VIA discord.

Have you applied for a community team? If so, link your previous apps:

I've applied for Lore-Team twice:
First Lore-Team Application - (DENIED)
Second Lore-Team Application - (DENIED)

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?

Yes, I completely acknowledge and respect this fact.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.

The list of things that may obstruct my progress or development within the Lore-Team isn't much but it mostly consists of real-life responsibilities and school work. However, I still always make time for writing and literature in general in my daily schedule as it does make up a big part of my day and it has always been a hobby of mine so cutting it out completely is not something I plan on doing.

What makes you different from other applicants?:

I believe that what makes me more different and unique from other applicants is my dedication and commitment to lore and story writing. I usually spend time writing and making lore more than anything else in my everyday life. I always try to involve myself in any creative writing concepts as I really enjoy doing these things and I think that this trait of mine is one that fits the lore-team perfectly. I'm also very open to working in groups as well as being co-operative with others and accepting criticism and public opinion. Moreover, I try to contribute as much as possible to the team and always put my mind and soul into what I write and produce something of quality that is hopefully, enjoyed by all.

What makes you passionate about writing?:

Personally, I've always enjoyed writing and lore making as it helps me express all the creative ideas in my head in an understandable and representable way. I usually try and come up with ideas on the spot for stories and essays to write about as this has helped me improve myself as a character and made me a better figure in general. I'm also a passionate learner so I'm always trying to improve my vocabulary and grammar to produce better and more professional writing for everyone to enjoy. My passion for writing is strong and I hope it remains that way for as long as possible.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:

My past experiences with lore have not been much but I've been part of a lore-writing team on an old discord nation-simulation roleplaying server that has sadly shut down now and I've written SRP-related lore like family lore. Other than that, my experience is close to none but I'm always willing to learn and improve to become more experienced and professional.

What is lore to you?:

Lore, by definition, is a particular body of knowledge or tradition. Lore can either be real lore or made-up lore. I always enjoy making up my own stories and connecting them together forming an understandable and enjoyable storyline. I usually try to keep my made-up lore as close to reality as possible but I tend to make fantasy lore which I find way more fun since I'm not really limited to anything. However, I'm quite familiar with different types of lore. The concept of lore will always remain extremely unique to me and I will always work on improving myself to become the best I ever can.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

WRITING PROMPTS
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Write a 200-800 word story for a day in the world of Karakura.

As a kid, I've always been fascinated by music. My parents noticed my affection for music from a very young age. On my 6th birthday, my dad got me a record player along with some records. He taught me how to use it and I fell in love with it. Collecting records became a hobby of mine and my collection grows bigger by the day. Today, I'm 20 years old and I still have the record player my dad bought for me when I was 6. I was born in Tokyo, Japan but I moved to Karakura, Japan when I went to College. I live in a small apartment with my pet dog and I took the record player with me. I was lucky enough to find a record store near my apartment so my collection wasn't going to stop growing any time soon.

My life in College is pretty simple. I go to college, go to the record store, buy a new record for the store, and finally head home. I've followed this schedule almost every day since arriving in Karakura. But one day, this was all going to change. One afternoon, I was heading back home after college, making my way to my beloved record store. Once I arrive, I give the door a gentle push as the little store doorbell rings over my head. I look over at the cashier and give him a warm smile. I'm pretty well-known at the record store since I'm a frequent visitor. The store seems pretty empty this afternoon so I head over to my favorite shelf with all my favorite records. As I'm scanning the shelf for any new records, I look over and I spot someone that was bound to change my life forever.

My attention is immediately shifted to this beautiful figure standing opposite to me looking down at the other shelf. With brown, silky hair, pale skin, hazel eyes, and a heart-melting smile stood a girl that stole my heart in a matter of seconds. I see her pick up 3 records and head over to the cashier before exiting the store. I could not get my eyes off of her the whole time she was present in the store. I quickly leave all the records I was holding, wave goodbye to the cashier, and burst out of the store looking for her. I start scanning my surroundings before laying eyes on her again. I rush over to her in a bit of a clumsy manner before stopping and patting her shoulder trying to grab her attention. She turns around with a blank, confused look on her face. I look at her as I regained my posture and gave her a little smile. I introduced myself and asked her if she was interested in records like I was and from what I saw, she was! I was overwhelmed with happiness. My heart was on the verge of jumping out of ribcage. I felt like I've found my other half. We exchanged numbers and names and talked a little bit before each one of us headed back to where they live.

That night, I had the best sleep of my life. I was thinking about her all day the next morning. I called her up that morning and asked her if she wanted to go on a date with me that afternoon and she said yes. That afternoon, I didn't go to the record store. I ran straight back to my apartment and picked out the best outfit I had. I took a shower, put on my new outfit, and made sure I looked the best I could for this date. This was something else. I felt like I'm finally meeting my other half and someone that I can be with forever. I was really excited. I took her to this fancy restaurant in town. This specific restaurant played records for all the customers to enjoy so I knew this would be perfect for the two of us. We sat down and talked endlessly. We barely finished our food from how much we were into each other. Once done, we took a long walk in a nearby park and talked more about ourselves and our lives. Then, after that date, I asked her to be my girlfriend and she said yes. We were carbon copies of each other. I'm so happy and excited to spend the rest of my life with this girl. I know she's the one for me and only me.

(Word Count: 755 words)

Write about your favorite physical aspect of Karakura (things like classrooms/gardens etc.) Why? What makes it special?

Karakura is a big city full of beautiful physical aspects to be admired and loved. Although all of these aspects are absolutely wonderful and amazing, I have my own favorites out of them all and I will be listing them below and talking briefly about each one.

THE KARAKURA HOSPITAL

The Karakura Hospital is a place where you can find free healthcare and the medication you need to ensure your mental and physical well-being. With professional and friendly staff, you are guaranteed to be taken care of and treated properly until you have fully recovered from any injuries or illness.

THE ZEN GARDEN

It's a destination for any of you that enjoy peace and quiet alongside nature. The Garden combines all the aspects you need to remain focused and calm. It's a hot destination for book readers and literature lovers who need the perfect environment to practice their hobbies of reading and writing.

THE KARAKURA BEACH

Although the beach is always seen as a summer-only location, the cold breeze and the slow wind that occupies the beach during other seasons make it one of the best locations in the city. Long walks along this beach are a must-try and a great place to hang out generally.

(Word Count excluding headers: 197 words)
(Word Count including headers: 206 words)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 85
Shrine Lead
Lore Team
DENIED
Thank you for applying, but after taking a vote your application did not make the cut

Users who are viewing this thread